Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you know, thinking about it it's patently obvious that Amber has been a CIA psyop all along now that she's clumsily blonw her cover because the boys are getting too close to breaking out of the matrix due to Epstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Amber seems traumatised to have encountered someone from outside of Brooklyn.

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao amber's up to 2 "lizard people" references

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

rapeface posted:

Man, I forgot how funny these Tabletop episodes are.

I need a list of all the references because I'm pretty sure I'm missing half of them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

peanut- posted:

Amber seems traumatised to have encountered someone from outside of Brooklyn.

my substitute yoga teacher

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Amber's not as bad as a lot of people wanna pretend she is but this episode is Peak Amber if that stuff bugs you. I literally had to pause because 'this is what identity politics gets you' made me laugh so hard even though I'm only half sure it was a joke

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Amber's not as bad as a lot of people wanna pretend she is but this episode is Peak Amber if that stuff bugs you. I literally had to pause because 'this is what identity politics gets you' made me laugh so hard even though I'm only half sure it was a joke

I think this is mainly an effect of increasingly more stupid and genuinely horrible people nominally on the left adopting this line over the last years than whatever Amber's position is.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

zionism isn't a form of identity politics, i'm still stuck in 4th grade for some reason

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jonah Galtberg posted:

zionism isn't a form of identity politics, i'm still stuck in 4th grade for some reason

I mean, colonialism with a vague identity wrapper kinda isn't, no. Zionists don't actually give a poo poo about Jews, as seen by *vaguely gestures at the entire history of the state of Israel*

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, colonialism with a vague identity wrapper kinda isn't, no. Zionists don't actually give a poo poo about Jews, as seen by *vaguely gestures at the entire history of the state of Israel*

white idpol was specifically created to justify colonialism, slavery and all sorts of other delights so perhaps not the best way to describe Zionism if you were trying to dissociate it from that type of thinking

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

If Amber really understood Coen logic she'd be pitching that Epstein killed himself in a botched autoerotic asphyxiation attempt and the guards tried to cover it up to save their asses

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

side_burned posted:

I honestly do not understand Dune's reputation. Detractors usually bring up Herbert's prose style as being the books biggest weakness (and understandably so) I personal hated the pacing of the book. A third of the book is Paul and Jessica just walking in the desert with nothing happening and then Paul's holy war against the Harkonnens is wrapped in about 40 pages, both the Lynch and SyFy's adaptation spend much more time on Paul living with, training and leading the Fremen; you can practically hear an editor yelling at him say "hurry up and finish the drat book."
Think of the “Wow! Cool sword!” FF7 comic by instead it’s historiography and ecology vs magic powers.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
for those not up on Jewish twitter drama, Ariel Sobel (whose slam poetry graces this episode) was recently caught running a sockpuppet account - in which she posed as “Evonne Schwartz,” a fictitious black Jewish woman and IfNotNow member who spouted violent and misogynistic rhetoric at Zionist Jews - in an attempt to smear leftist non-Zionist Jews by association as violent, misogynistic antisemites.

starts here and check the replies for more

https://twitter.com/jewishworker/status/1162541283816235008?s=21&fbclid=IwAR3HxEV0N9uToujWYbVzPBpFpt89TwsOBPbcx6D44_1HwJlqeStOcEUweoM

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

BBJoey posted:

you know, thinking about it it's patently obvious that Amber has been a CIA psyop all along now that she's clumsily blonw her cover because the boys are getting too close to breaking out of the matrix due to Epstein

Came to post this :tinfoil:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

wanna listen to the new slipcloud album

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I heard "Snipclot."

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

my substitute yoga teacher

imagining a future where edgy irony podcast humor has transitioned to lena dunham esque brooklyn winemom jokes and anyone who doesnt appreciate jokes about your pilates instructor not knowing the difference between a rose and a clairet is a radlib wrecker

FrancisFukyomama fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 20, 2019

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Halloween Jack posted:

I heard "Snipclot."

same

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Amber totally called our boys “retarded” for loving up the mics right? Cancelled!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That's being generous. She probably called them a racial slur, like neoliberal.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the true n-word

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

T-man posted:

we stan gay amber

(gamber)

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Does Twitter not have like actual functionality for administrating shared access to a group account cause that seems like a really obvious and common use case

Why would Twitter do something that reduces the potential for drama?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FrancisFukyomama posted:

imagining a future where edgy irony podcast humor has transitioned to lena dunham esque brooklyn winemom jokes and anyone who doesnt appreciate jokes about your pilates instructor not knowing the difference between a rose and a clairet is a radlib wrecker

That future is now! Just subscribe to Red scares RSS feed and all your dreams will be forced into reality

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jonah Galtberg posted:

white idpol was specifically created to justify colonialism, slavery and all sorts of other delights so perhaps not the best way to describe Zionism if you were trying to dissociate it from that type of thinking

wasn't zionism, at least in part, created to justify colonialism and ultimately the current apartheid state? not snark, legitimately asking.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Friend of the pod, Ben Garrison

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
I lost it at the second reading part when an exasperated Will says “come on that’s just silly folks”

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That rap poem is the most excruciating reading series since McArdle's Grenfell take.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Fantasizing about being an outspoken black person seems to be a recurring fantasy with this woman.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

that white jazz spoken word is the spitting image of the Lexicontrarians bit from E1 episode “Uncle’s Houseboat”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1163978600888053760

Neera Tanden being extremely dumb again and Nina Turner tearing her a new rear end in a top hat

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Uranium posted:

that white jazz spoken word is the spitting image of the Lexicontrarians bit from E1 episode “Uncle’s Houseboat”
seriously click at your own risk, it is (perfectly) dogshit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tyxJlTFsvQ

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

it's so good

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Having Felix melt down at the rap was a great end to the episode.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

the beat got me feelin like the white don draper

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

god dammit this makes me so mad lol

the first rapper i got into was k'naan

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I wonder what it was that interrupted the podcast while they were talking about conspiracies. :tinfoil:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I'm relistening to the Game Theory episodes and they're real good. Excited for the next one

I'm half rajput and half celestial, which means I buy my curry at an opium den

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1164251992975450112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

That article is quite the trip.

https://twitter.com/fauxbeatpoet/status/1164257789843259393