Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

feedmegin posted:

Mehall is clearly posting from the post-Brexit future

the post was a trap. paprika is a filthy foreign invention and we have all outed ourselves as Haters Of British Culture by consuming the hated unpatriotic seasoning. the death squads are on their way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
An article with some variation of "scientists say this fab invention is gonna save us" is just fluff

The only thing that will save us is the prompt and complete eradication of capitalism by any means necessary

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol at accidentally circumcising someone instead of what you're supposed to be doing

https://www.theguardian.com/society...py_to_clipboard

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Mehall is clearly posting from the post-Brexit future

Mehall is posting from Glasgow isn't he? The news of of the UK joining the EU has only just reached there.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

DesperateDan posted:

An article with some variation of "scientists say this fab invention is gonna save us" is just fluff

The only thing that will save us is the prompt and complete eradication of capitalism by any means necessary

And that scientist was called

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*warms up the dolchstoßlegende* https://twitter.com/adamfleming/status/1163766005954502656

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/NevilleSouthall/status/1163770970546589697?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Personally I'd be worried that by pumping oxygen into the ground to produce hydrogen and then burning the hydrogen to produce water you're just gonna replace the carbon dioxide and sea level problem with a "all the oxygen is gone and we're drowning in excess water" problem :v:

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Personally I'd be worried that by pumping oxygen into the ground to produce hydrogen and then burning the hydrogen to produce water you're just gonna replace the carbon dioxide and sea level problem with a "all the oxygen is gone and we're drowning in excess water" problem :v:

Given it's 20.95% of the atmosphere, I think we have enough.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I'll take "long distance running becomes impossible" over "growing crops becomes impossible"

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

I'll take "long distance running becomes impossible" over "growing crops becomes impossible"

It's a whole smorgasbord of great things: https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/aug/20/death-blackouts-melting-asphalt-ways-the-climate-crisis-will-change-how-we-live

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I think it rules that the leader of a political party can just totally loving lie now, it's very good and very healthy

https://twitter.com/joswinson/status/1163747128457539584

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ElNarez posted:

I think it rules that the leader of a political party can just totally loving lie now, it's very good and very healthy

she's getting killed in the replies including by lib dems

https://twitter.com/IainAdamsLD/status/1163748303856721920?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ElNarez posted:

Yes that's definitely a new phenomenon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

we're all going to die regardless of wshat happens with energy generation

https://twitter.com/BeyondDShadows/status/1163535602798776321?s=20

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ahh yes you see he campaigned for Remain, and he advocated for Remain, but technically he didn't fight for Remain because mumble mumble warble wab. No lies here yes siree bob.

did jeremy literally knife fight nigel farage?? no! no fighting! not a fight. truth words had by all

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jose posted:

she's getting killed in the replies including by lib dems

https://twitter.com/IainAdamsLD/status/1163748303856721920?s=20

Turns out electing a Yellow Tory alienates all your voters who vote for you because they can pretend they're not Tories themselves

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Angepain posted:

ahh yes you see he campaigned for Remain, and he advocated for Remain, but technically he didn't fight for Remain because mumble mumble warble wab. No lies here yes siree bob.

did jeremy literally knife fight nigel farage?? no! no fighting! not a fight. truth words had by all

Corbs would curbstomp Farage in hand to hand combat.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wtf is Jo Swinson doing? All of her recent tweets have had even the melts and fubpees piling on her. It's weird how thoroughly she is trashing her party's chances in the inevitable upcoming election.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Wtf is Jo Swinson doing? All of her recent tweets have had even the melts and fubpees piling on her. It's weird how thoroughly she is trashing her party's chances in the inevitable upcoming election.

She hosed up the national unity government idea and is flailing hard as a result

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Turns out that CORBYN BAD BREXIT BAD isn't actually a viable strategy for anything, and there's already a 5p plastic bag charge, so they're terminally out of ideas.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junior G-man posted:

Turns out that CORBYN BAD BREXIT BAD isn't actually a viable strategy for anything, and there's already a 5p plastic bag charge, so they're terminally out of ideas.

A 10p plastic bag charge!

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Bardeh posted:

It's weird how thoroughly she is trashing her party's chances in the inevitable upcoming election.

Truly, she is a Lib Dem leader.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Countdown to gay frogs.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Rarity posted:

A 10p plastic bag charge!
...in exchange for a Brexit so hard it can cut diamond!

A full half of all Lib Dem voters I ever talk to irl is very explicit that he's a "centrist" because of his ideological belief in co-operation and compromise (yeh I know). Cool & good that Swinson is showing her true colours & driving those people to the left imo

e: found in the replies to that Swinson tweet: Liberal Democrats: the EU Referendum's Invisible Party

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 20, 2019

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

My colleague is going to Alex James Bourgeois Festival in the Cotswolds so I looked at the website for five minutes.

Happy to report that I now have brain cancer.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I got 15/34 having only been to the UK on holiday once, FWIW. I don't understand how the average person would gain this knowledge just from working there though. It's almost as if that's the point.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

ElNarez posted:

https://twitter.com/joswinson/status/1163747128457539584

Rare to see a ratio that big on a UK tweet.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Borrovan posted:

...in exchange for a Brexit so hard it can cut diamond!

A full half of all Lib Dem voters I ever talk to irl is very explicit that he's a "centrist" because of his ideological belief in co-operation and compromise (yeh I know). Cool & good that Swinson is showing her true colours & driving those people to the left imo

e: found in the replies to that Swinson tweet: Liberal Democrats: the EU Referendum's Invisible Party

I think there's a good point there. As that last guardian article profiling radical remainers said, they have a religious belief in compromise and experts, because they think their position is the obvious logical one. Someone who is one of them rejecting offered compromise goes down badly.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

As much fun as it is dunking on The Yellow Tories we do need to give the yellow Tories a bit of hell too.

Why aren't they willing to do the right thing etc.etc. (beyond the obvious)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Not only would it be hilarious if Corbyn outlasts another party leader with Swinson kicked out by LD actual remainers, it will be great that it would be the third party Chuka doesn't become leader of.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jose posted:

I know when I posted about hydrogen powered cars previously people gave good reasons why they weren't viable which is why i'm posting this

https://twitter.com/openDemocracy/status/1163764826306424832?s=20

Oh cool, Dr Manhattan has decided to save us.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I know Elon Musk wants to wave his dick around and nuke Mars, but I'm not sure what other commonalities there are.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

More like Jo Slosedon!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/DrRobertZands/status/1163775435030827008

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Robert Zands is quickly moving up my list of favourite twitter trolls.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I love the mental image that Corbyn has his own personal voting booth that he takes around with him for whenever he needs to answer a questionnaire or something.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Junior G-man posted:

Robert Zands is quickly moving up my list of favourite twitter trolls.

He's like a single head of the Bastard Troll Hydra.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Everyone saying Corbyn failed to become prime minister back in 2017, well with the amount they are shouting at him to stop brexit maybe they all think he did? Maybe he actually is the pm and he should test it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Corbyn declared sharia law in 2018 #fbpe