Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Drew McIntyre posted:

i've heard rumors that Owen intentionally released the harness, as the final ultimate pranking of both Vince and his brother.

But how is Kevin Sullivan connected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Other than Steve Borden, I guess.

I want you to know this post was understood and appreciated by at least one person.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I thought this was everyone's opinion.

That's not the impression I had at all, but I'm glad some of y'all agree with me.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Drew McIntyre posted:

i've heard rumors that Owen intentionally released the harness, as the final ultimate pranking of both Vince and his brother.

In fact, the screaming people claim they heard was just Owen going “wheeeeeeeeee!”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Why was Owen such an rear end in a top hat?

He refused to do the job to The Godfather and went into business for himself.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandman: Pro Fortnite Player is the kind of thing i need injected into my bloodstream

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I want you to know this post was understood and appreciated by at least one person.
We all know all about Real Estate Steve. At least I hope we do.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I don't recall if it's a specific match or wrestler or what but here it goes.

I'm thinking of someone who occasionally does a spot where they just sort of walk away or go "Nah" while their opponent takes a bump. Sound familiar? Maybe Joe in TNA? Like, his opponent (AJ? Daniels?) dives to the outside and he just sort of walks with his back turned while they eat poo poo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I don't recall if it's a specific match or wrestler or what but here it goes.

I'm thinking of someone who occasionally does a spot where they just sort of walk away or go "Nah" while their opponent takes a bump. Sound familiar? Maybe Joe in TNA? Like, his opponent (AJ? Daniels?) dives to the outside and he just sort of walks with his back turned while they eat poo poo.
It's a famous Joe spot, yeah.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Joe has a regular spot where someone goes for a springboard and he walks away from it:

Rob Van Dam
https://gfycat.com/quarrelsomenexteyelashpitviper

Christohper Daniels

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Daniels wisely not doing the full BME when he knows he's eating the canvas on it anyway.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

karmicknight posted:

Joe has a regular spot where someone goes for a springboard and he walks away from it:

Rob Van Dam
https://gfycat.com/quarrelsomenexteyelashpitviper

Christohper Daniels

Hell yeah, thank you.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Anyone got a link to the fans grooving along to Gangrel's theme handy?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Anyone got a link to the fans grooving along to Gangrel's theme handy?

wwe killed that video

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

RealFoxy posted:

This reminds me that SANADA has this spot on a shirt, and it owns

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In the same way that Hogan represents the 80s and Austin/Rock the Attitude Era, what are the equivalents for other eras? Obviously the New Generation didn't have anywhere near the numbers but someone probably comes to mind. I'm a little more hazy on era names post-Attitude and at some point WWE just became a blob of similar people.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the blob of people is the end goal because wwe post lesnar's first run is NOBODY GETS BIGGER THAN THE BRAND

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Spuckuk posted:

This reminds me that SANADA has this spot on a shirt, and it owns

More wrestling shirts should look like punk shirts, I'd wear this

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

In the same way that Hogan represents the 80s and Austin/Rock the Attitude Era, what are the equivalents for other eras? Obviously the New Generation didn't have anywhere near the numbers but someone probably comes to mind. I'm a little more hazy on era names post-Attitude and at some point WWE just became a blob of similar people.

New Generation is Shawn and Bret.

You have the ruthless agression era, which is a bit more vague but it was when Cena, Orton and Batista were breaking through.

CM Punk tried to coin his run on top as the Reality Era but that didn't take off. Him and Bryan sort of dominated those few years though.

After that, yeah, it kind of becomes homogeneous.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A problem with tracking this is that the 80s boom, the Attitude Era, and the founding of the Network actually represent major shifts in the business. The rest is more branding and advertising than anything.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So after Attitude ends you've got the failure of the Invasion as a bridge between Attitude & then Ruthless Aggression, which always seemed unbelievably corny to me as someone who'd zoned out of wrestling for most of that era which is kind of the Cena era, certainly he had what I'd regard as the best match of the era (though I really need to rewatch the one I'm thinking of, him vs Umaga at Rumble '07, it's been a while but my memory is it was basically "WWE formula" done perfectly. After Ruthless Aggression, around about 2007/8 you move to the PG Era which was also the Cena era really (I think you could cut up the 80s into a couple eras too so Hogan'd be in the same place) but also CM Punk maybe? Anyway, I dunno when exactly that ends and the current one starts but I suggest calling it the Oversaturation Era or Please Retire Vince era (or Just Watch New Japan Already Era), somewhere between 2014 & 2016 and obviously Brock is the guy for our current time period. I guess CM Punk walking out is the start of this one, seems a clean starting date.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the blob of people is the end goal because wwe post lesnar's first run is NOBODY GETS BIGGER THAN THE BRAND

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics you come up with to claim this is true in the face of John Cena. Current day, sure even though they spent years trying to make Roman the icon of the era but Cena was placed way above everyone else.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics you come up with to claim this is true in the face of John Cena. Current day, sure even though they spent years trying to make Roman the icon of the era but Cena was placed way above everyone else.

i straight up forgot about cena

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

They thought John was enough of a company man that he wouldn't leave, and they were almost right.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's amazing that Vince doesn't seem to understand that younger smarter guys like the Rock and Cena and Batista took a look at Hogan, Flair, Hall, etc as the end-result of a lifetime in the business and said "gently caress that"

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

What would it take to get John Cena in a G1? Yes I know it's a pipe dream, but you know it would be incredible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tokelau All Star posted:

What would it take to get John Cena in a G1? Yes I know it's a pipe dream, but you know it would be incredible.

I'm down for Cena vs Tanahashi, ace vs ace battle, but I don't know about a full G1 run. 9 15+ minute hard intensity matches in a month is a pretty big ask for a guy like Cena at this point in his career. So I guess my answer is "a time machine".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

headline the two tokyo dome shows with cena vs tanahashi and cena vs yano

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is half asking if this is an origional idea and half me just wanting to share and idea I think is original and kickin' rad but I want to know if this spot's ever been done before.

Basically, the heel champ constantly gets count-out, DQ, and non-finish wins to keep their title and at some point gets to a city and cuts a promo saying "Let's cut the crap, I don't want to be here this week so I'm going to intentionally disqualify myself by hitting my opponent with a chair and go home"

Then the local babyface comes out, ducks the chair shot, throws the chair out of the ring and the title match has a totally different dynamic that night because the babyface is trying to get to stop the heel from getting DQ'd so he has a shot of winning the belt. Heel tries to go for an obvious low blow, but the babyface pulls their legs together to prevent it, heel tries to walk out but the babyface breaks the 10/20 count by rolling in and out and dragging them back in.

Feels pretty similar to Yano match spots in reverse but it'd work really great for a heel like MJF who can just trash talk the poo poo out of the crowd and town he's in that night and convince the fans to scream for that babyface victory.

I had a long drive home and I basically booked a whole title reign around that spot :downs:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You just booked a feud that is why cage matches exist.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

You just booked a feud that is why cage matches exist.
And No DQ matches and etc, but I thought it was a neat idea for a minor title without resorting to a blood feud and giving someone a chance to get over by proxy

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Toru vs Santino.

Cena vs Tanahashi

Orton vs Okada

Those are my dream matches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like the fox's storyline. i'll watch it if it's not on WWE

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Is there a definitive list of pro wrestlers who have tested positive for and/or admitted to steroid, HGH, or other PED use?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_wrestling_personnel

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Coaaab posted:

Is there a definitive list of pro wrestlers who have tested positive for and/or admitted to steroid, HGH, or other PED use?

All of them.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ibexaz posted:

More wrestling shirts should look like punk shirts, I'd wear this

I've got a "me gusta" tank in this style of the sanada skelly doing the paradise lock and it is honestly my favorite summer shirt

e yes I got the tank top so I could pretend I was a skinny lil hosed up sanada

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Toru vs Santino.

Cena vs Tanahashi

Orton vs Okada

Those are my dream matches

Are you currently in 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my dream food? Butter topped with expired i can't believe it's not butter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I refuse to believe anyone has a dream match that involves Randy Orton. No. Just no.