Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Kurtofan posted:

So who got the island in the will

The Carthaginians

(his brother, I guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Johnny Red posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1163850117905936384

the daily mail is reporting what everyone pretty much already knew.

i hope Leah Saffian gets hit by a bus

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

im sure disney will own the island soon enough

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

carthaginians were good at sea trade and pincer formations but not sex islands smdh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cool carthaginian execution method: hammer nails into entire surface of barrel, stick roman inside, roll down hill.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Uranium posted:

carthaginians were good at sea trade and pincer formations but not sex islands smdh

They had no time for sex they were trying to 9/11 Rome

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's a recent episode of Radio War Nerd you'd be interested in, where they interview Audra Wolfe about her new book on science during the Cold War.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-preview-war-28283403

There was a long period from the late 40s to the early 60s where the CIA & FBI were holding back scientific cooperation between American and Soviet researchers, because they were so paranoid about the Soviets knowing literally anything about American research. Eventually they let up because they learned more by letting scientists go to conferences where they could share information with Soviet scientists, and that scale of paranoia wouldn't come back until the 80s.

neato checking it out

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

frig off, maga habermann

link the tweets from the article author themself or something imho. habs needs to be damnatio memoriead instead of coattailing the miami herald’s actual reporting!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1163924077075148800?s=19

For those not wanting to click on a collaborator

twoday
May 4, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

im sure disney will own the island soon enough

They already operate tours there

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

twoday posted:

They already operate tours there

that was the joke :kiss:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Did Epstein also own Big St. James? because I notice it’s a lot less developed than Little St. James. perfect place to play the deadliest game though.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

now I’m watching cabinet of caligari . thx for this rabbit hole

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Did Epstein also own Big St. James? because I notice it’s a lot less developed than Little St. James. perfect place to play the deadliest game though.

Yed

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yes, and according to Wikipedia the locals from neighboring islands had repeatedly begged the previous owner not to sell it as Epstein being a pedophile was well known apparently

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

pretty ignorant to think that you could find non pedophile buyer for an island

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Saucer Hovers posted:

pretty ignorant to think that you could find non pedophile buyer for an island

you might get lucky and find someone who just wants to hunt people as prey

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That medium post a few pages back says he purchased it in 2016 so it was still under development when he was arrested.

Here's the source from the medium link:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-dodged-questions-about-sex-with-his-dalton-prep-school-students

twoday
May 4, 2005

jarofpiss posted:

now I’m watching cabinet of caligari . thx for this rabbit hole

that's a really good movie, you'll thank me later

check out Metropolis too

twoday
May 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yes he did, and though it used to be rather forested almost all of the vegetation on both St. James islands as well as all the others nearby was stripped away by the hurricane in 2017, as far as I can tell from satellite photos, they looked like barren rocks in 2018, and even his temple lost its golden dome during the storm

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It's been a long, crazy journey from pizza parlors to rape islands to In-N-Out Burger, and I know many of you are asking, How does the Falun Gong fit into all this??

Well
https://twitter.com/neet_telemachus/status/1163835087760367617?s=20

PS read this whole thread, it's insane
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1163770003101016064?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Contrats to Falun Gong for using their CIA money to fund QAnon theories and Shen Yun advertisements

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames
holy poo poo lmao

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

devious hiding black magic in plain sight with all that taiji in parks

twoday
May 4, 2005

I knew it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yes.....yes!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ross perot in hell posted:

holy poo poo lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

David Copperfield is evidence people can fly

Copperfield was on the Lolita Express

Epstein knows secrets of flight???
https://twitter.com/trashywaifu/status/1163785878684278784?s=20

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Atrocious Joe posted:

Contrats to Falun Gong for using their CIA money to fund QAnon theories and Shen Yun advertisements

quote:

“Would everyone like to learn a little Chinese?” one of the hosts asked. He intoned a phrase and asked the audience to repeat it. “That phrase means ‘I love Shen Yun,’ ” he said.

I felt my forehead. The dances continued, sleeves swirling, skirts rippling. A man came onstage to sing a song in Chinese, which was translated on the screen behind him. “We follow Dafa, the Great Way,” he began, singing about a Creator who saved mankind and made the world anew. “Atheism and evolution are deadly ideas. Modern trends destroy what makes us human,” he sang. At the end of the song, the row of older white people sitting behind me clapped fervently. In the final dance number, a group of Falun Dafa followers, who wore blue and yellow and clutched books of religious teachings, battled for space in a public square with corrupt youth. (Their corruption was evident because they were wearing black, looking at their cell phones, and, in the case of two men, holding hands.) Chairman Mao appeared, and the sky turned black; the city in the digital backdrop was obliterated by an earthquake, then finished off by a Communist tsunami. A red hammer and sickle glowed in the center of the wave. Dazed, I rubbed my eyes and saw a huge, bearded face disappearing in the water.

“Was that . . . ?” I said to my brother, wondering if I needed to go to the hospital.

“Karl Marx?” he said. “Yeah, I think that was a tsunami with the face of Karl Marx.”

holy poo poo

read the whole article

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gently caress i got invited to go to that and declined im a fool

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
scientology with Chinese characteristics

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

It's been a long, crazy journey from pizza parlors to rape islands to In-N-Out Burger, and I know many of you are asking, How does the Falun Gong fit into all this??

Well
https://twitter.com/neet_telemachus/status/1163835087760367617?s=20

PS read this whole thread, it's insane
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1163770003101016064?s=20

this loving Owns

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Reading Falun Gong's wiki they sound like self help gurus. is it white washed or are they just some chillax hippies?

edit: nm, i guess they have weird/gross views on race and gays

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

This is both surprising, and not. I’ve noticed Epoch Times posters scattered in NYC, and based on the art I would have thought it was some kind of paleoconservative rag if I hadn’t looked it up.

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

Reading Falun Gong's wiki they sound like self help gurus. is it white washed or are they just some chillax hippies?

they also seem kind of anti-communist, which is Very Bad op

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

nows the part of the thread where someone does an effort post on all the intelligence invented religious movements get those brain areas broken

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames
all religions are a psyop

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

:2bong::2bong::2bong::2bong::2bong::2bong::2bong:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

smarxist posted:

Lots of cults are "self help" things at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

revival evangelicalism
scientology
unification church
new age
peoples temple
ifif/castalia foundation