Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

bought some tacos, they were p legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Where's the hard shell? Where's the lettuce and cheese? Those aren't authentic tacos at all. For shame, Casu Marzu, for shame...
*shakes head disappointedly

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Where's the hard shell? Where's the lettuce and cheese? Those aren't authentic tacos at all. For shame, Casu Marzu, for shame...
*shakes head disappointedly

I did buy a El Paso crunchy taco kit the other day. Sometimes you just gotta eat white people tacos.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Kept the rebuild under 2k, too. Got an insane deal on the video card, open-box. Everything sourced from Micro Center, so got the Ryzen 7 3800x and x570 motherboard as a bundle, dropping the price an additional 50 bucks. Price Matched the cooler with Amazon and had a 5% off coupon.

Won't need to upgrade for another few years, going to go back next weekend and get the same, or similar parts, for my partner's rebuild.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Now, play only minecraft

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LifeSunDeath posted:

Now, play only minecraft

Hey now, MC is getting RTX Ray tracing soon so we're all gonna need to upgrade

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

LifeSunDeath posted:

Now, play only minecraft

Only killing nazis with that free Youngblood.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

I love it!

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I got a new car! :love: (not my picture, obviously)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hell yeah enamel pins rule, as does stickers.

The "Strings Attached Tour" was pretty great.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I'm gonna have a bunch more trickling in over the next month or so.

I don't remember all of the ones I bought. Most are probably cat or skull related because that's kinda my jam.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I got a new car! :love: (not my picture, obviously)

Congrats! It looks nice!

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

RCarr posted:

Congrats! It looks nice!

Thank you! I'm so excited!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Barring any red flags from the home inspection or the bank deciding they don't want my money, this extraordinarily mediocre home will be "mine" on Sep 17.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Barring any red flags from the home inspection or the bank deciding they don't want my money, this extraordinarily mediocre home will be "mine" on Sep 17.

still a boss move. Congrats Dr.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

DrBouvenstein posted:

I see a detached garage so that counts as a win in my book. A nice front porch will do wonders for the house.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You need at least two more satellites on that bad boy.

Congrats!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Congrats, fellow new homeowner buddy. It's horrifying and awesome at the same time. That's a nice little place, and you own it. Enjoy it!

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bape Culture posted:

Tyres. Aero. Cologne. Reservations at cellar con roca and ynyshir. Sunglasses. Sneakers. Whisky. The essentials.

Everythings cool here but holy poo poo those glasses are obnoxious as gently caress.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Coredump posted:

I see a detached garage so that counts as a win in my book. A nice front porch will do wonders for the house.

And a bit of landscaping. Some nice low-maintenance bushes in front of it along with a porch will really dress it up.

I'd probably paint it white instead of beige and go with a pop color on the accents. Maybe blue, go with a kind of greek color scheme. Very bright and happy.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

zapplez posted:

Everythings cool here but holy poo poo those glasses are obnoxious as gently caress.

I absolutely love stupid poo poo mate

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Bought a Casio DW5750 for my dad

(The left one)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Hey congrats! My memory sucks but I’m pretty sure we live in the same state and it’s probably going to be where I get my first plot someday.

Bape Culture posted:

I absolutely love stupid poo poo mate

Yeah same.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah there are some super tasty bourbons out there in the $40-$60 price range. A lot of them. There are of course good ones at much higher price points as well, but it's tough to say that they're any better (or would do any better in a blind tasting), and even if they are, the diminishing returns set in quick.

Old Ezra 7 year and Eagle Rare are probably my favorites in that price range. Can you recommend any others in that range? Always looking for new suggestions.

Also, FYI for anyone on the lookout for Pappy, Weller is the same mash and bill, just not quite aged for as long, and it’s very tasty. Been seeing it available more often locally, and it’s 24$ a bottle.

For content bought a bunch of blinkey PCB badges while out at Defcon:

Not quite all of them, and most still need soldered up, but gives you an idea. Most have hidden challenges and junk on them that you kind of have to figure out how to hack into, some just blink. The one in the case still needs assembled and is supposed to be a working theremin.

For example, the Illuminati badge included a little index card with a rot22 encrypted description and base64 encoded link leading to this series of puzzles:

http://dc27.minervallux.com/challenge/#overlay

The official defcon badge interacts with other ones via nfc and once you sync to all the correct ones and finish the challenge it plays rickroll, which is a nice touch.

On a less technical end, also bought a chunk of petrified wood while out at Petrified Forest National Park last week:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

Old Ezra 7 year and Eagle Rare are probably my favorites in that price range. Can you recommend any others in that range? Always looking for new suggestions.

Also, FYI for anyone on the lookout for Pappy, Weller is the same mash and bill, just not quite aged for as long, and it’s very tasty. Been seeing it available more often locally, and it’s 24$ a bottle.

For content bought a bunch of blinkey PCB badges while out at Defcon:

Not quite all of them, and most still need soldered up, but gives you an idea. Most have hidden challenges and junk on them that you kind of have to figure out how to hack into, some just blink. The one in the case still needs assembled and is supposed to be a working theremin.

For example, the Illuminati badge included a little index card with a rot22 encrypted description and base64 encoded link leading to this series of puzzles:

http://dc27.minervallux.com/challenge/#overlay

The official defcon badge interacts with other ones via nfc and once you sync to all the correct ones and finish the challenge it plays rickroll, which is a nice touch.

On a less technical end, also bought a chunk of petrified wood while out at Petrified Forest National Park last week:

Nice wood! Alternatively, in AOL voice: You got wood!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Resting Lich Face posted:

And a bit of landscaping. Some nice low-maintenance bushes in front of it along with a porch will really dress it up.

I'd probably paint it white instead of beige and go with a pop color on the accents. Maybe blue, go with a kind of greek color scheme. Very bright and happy.

Yeah, was definitely thinking an evergreen bush of some kind under the bay window. A porch would be great, especially to help distinguish it from all the other cookie cutter 60's-70's ranch homes in the neighborhood.

It has vinyl siding, though.. Can you paint that? Easily, at least?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No, don't paint the vinyl.

edit: Theoretically there are paints that may work. I've only ever seen it attempted a handful of times and thought it looked like crap every time. YMMV.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, was definitely thinking an evergreen bush of some kind under the bay window. A porch would be great, especially to help distinguish it from all the other cookie cutter 60's-70's ranch homes in the neighborhood.

It's crying out for some pretty, brightly-coloured flowers all along the front.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Congrats on the house, DrBouvenstein. Some low shrubbery under those windows would be aces.

Content: Got a new cat toy.

Will be fun having a cat chase that dot around at about 200m.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ah I thought it might be wood. Pic is pretty small.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

$40-60 is a pretty great sweet spot. Off the top of my head:

Blantons
EH Taylor Small Batch
Four Roses Small Batch
Woodford Reserve Double Oak (may be just a bit above 60)
Elijah Craig 12 (one of my favorites)
Willett Pot Still
Larceny
Bernheim Wheat Whiskey (not a bourbon, but everyone should try it)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Congrats on the house, DrBouvenstein. Some low shrubbery under those windows would be aces.

Content: Got a new cat toy.

Will be fun having a cat chase that dot around at about 200m.

I have lots of questions, but lets just do this one: is this for special operations warfare?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It’s a vape

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

LifeSunDeath posted:

I have lots of questions, but lets just do this one: is this for special operations warfare?

Bottom Liner posted:

It’s a vape

It's a bike part.

IDIOT.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gun people, amiright?

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's a bike part pocket espresso machine.

IDIOT.
Don't sign my posts, etc.

Theonlydk
Jul 29, 2003
The only Dk here!

Solice Kirsk posted:

$40-60 is a pretty great sweet spot. Off the top of my head:

Blantons
EH Taylor Small Batch
Four Roses Small Batch
Woodford Reserve Double Oak (may be just a bit above 60)
Elijah Craig 12 (one of my favorites)
Willett Pot Still
Larceny
Bernheim Wheat Whiskey (not a bourbon, but everyone should try it)

You have great taste and I second Blantons, EH Taylor Small Batch, and Four Roses Small batch. I just picked up some Elijah Craig but haven't tried it or the rest of the items on your list. I'd add Mckenna as a recommendation as well.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Theonlydk posted:

You have great taste and I second Blantons, EH Taylor Small Batch, and Four Roses Small batch. I just picked up some Elijah Craig but haven't tried it or the rest of the items on your list. I'd add Mckenna as a recommendation as well.

I totally meant to come back and give a list of my own, but no lie, EH Taylor and Four Roses were gonna be my first two recs. Woodford is a staple for me. Buffalo Trace is even cheaper but just as good. Recently had some Legent which was very nice.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My friend's wife speaks strongly on Four Roses & after trying it I'm inclined to agree.

Content:

Blew out a tire a while ago that damaged my windshield washer fluid reservoir & front bumper cover. Fixing those today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Four Roses is great for the money, all of those are. I've never had Woodford Reserve Double Oaked on it's own, but I had a cocktail made with it and it was drat good.