Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah you can still get sentinel rivens with Simarisbux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

njsykora posted:

Yeah you can still get sentinel rivens with Simarisbux.

How/where?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

gaj70 posted:

How/where?

Simaris' room as far as I know, either that or it's changing to it with the next main update.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is Duality Equinox still good for index, with what gun, do you use any other powers, and is she good for other things with that build?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

Is Duality Equinox still good for index, with what gun, do you use any other powers, and is she good for other things with that build?

yes, Rubico or similar, not really, yes ESO Nuker or Conservation Sleeper or Backstab Sleeper Affinity Farmer or Fissure Soloer (with Archgun)

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

StashAugustine posted:

She's still good, but Wukong is better. I use a rattleguts kitgun modded for gas.

She's also fun in open world areas with an Imperator.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Apparently finishing the dog pet quest is gated behind buying the incubator power core blueprint at 50k credits. :saddowns:

Edit: Also, nice

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 20, 2019

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Have you made it to Ceres yet? 5 minutes in Seimeni will get you 25k credit. Once you have 50k credits, ask someone in clan chat to Taxi you to The Index, which will make you an extra 200k credits every 7-8 minutes. Do that a couple of times and you'll be set for a while.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont they give you a power core for free now when you do that quest

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
You get one from one of the rail quests

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Tylana posted:

Weird, I thought I'd literally stood around doing nothing (in the cave) and gotten credit, but hard to test.

Psion posted:

i'm pretty sure my teammates did not beat mesa's regulators to that punch and they got credit if they were in the cave

so it might be a proximity and/or damage situation?

It might be something else, yes. I do know when a couple of us did it earlier in this NW season it took six specters before everybody got the completion.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Awesome! posted:

dont they give you a power core for free now when you do that quest

Huh, ok thanks. I still have a few of those to do but the Vox Solari one is pretty tough for a MR2.

Speaking of which, I've played like 10hrs now and am still MR2. Is that normal? I feel like I'm missing something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Huh, ok thanks. I still have a few of those to do but the Vox Solari one is pretty tough for a MR2.

Speaking of which, I've played like 10hrs now and am still MR2. Is that normal? I feel like I'm missing something.

Just always be leveling something.
Buy up all the low rank blueprints you can and just build build build.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You raise your mastery rank by leveling weapons, warframes, and pets to 30. If you go to the arsenal and scroll to the bottom of the weapons list you will see stuff that you can buy. Most of it costs platinum and you should ignore that because the prices are stupid high and you need your platinum for slots. However, some weapons on that list can be bought fully built for credits. Buy all of those and rank them up, then sell them.

check this list before selling stuff that actually takes time and effort to build: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Apparently finishing the dog pet quest is gated behind buying the incubator power core blueprint at 50k credits. :saddowns:

Edit: Also, nice

The actual core costs 100k credits to build.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Coming soon (for me): Nova, Valkyr, and Vauban. :neckbeard:

(Ash continues to elude me, because I hate those defection missions.)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Don't spend that 50k on the blueprint. Get it, go to Discord/clanchat, and ask for a newbie taxi/carry for index. Walk out ten minutes later with enough credits to last you a good while.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
A friend of mine mentioned that he likes games with visceral combat and fluid movements, does anyone have any cool Warframe GIFs that show that off?

I could have sworn there used to be a bunch of said GIFs in the OP but I couldnt find any

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 21, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Redeemer.gif

Edit : good god imgur is even more unusable.
https://i.imgur.com/BxptWyf.mp4

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

StashAugustine posted:

Duality Equinox, do you use any other powers, and is she good for other things with that build?

You generally use Narrow-Minded with Duality, which tanks range and makes the other abilities not great. You can balance it out some, but I haven't seen a really good generalist build for her. The clone gets buffed specifically for being an npc in the index, and isn't that strong outside of it. Maim tends to outclass anything Duality can do outside of index. The same 2-forma setup will work for both builds though: Duality/Maim.

Avulsion posted:

She's still good, but Wukong is better.

Wuclone has a much tighter leash range. With Equinox you can leave your clone spawn camping enemies while you carry points and hunt down strays.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

gnoma posted:

Wuclone has a much tighter leash range. With Equinox you can leave your clone spawn camping enemies while you carry points and hunt down strays.

New Index isn't great for spawn camping, and Cloud Walker makes carrying points a breeze.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Raptor1033 posted:

Redeemer.gif

This is exactly the kind of poo poo I'm looking for, thank you. Please feel free to post anything else you have

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I wanna make some more Robot Masters in Warframe, anyone have any ideas? I tried to make Magicman with Limbo but so far it's not looking good.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Sorry, I'm an uncreative dolt who buys skins and palettes then mashes "Random" until something presentable pops out. That was also the only gif I have in recent memory and just got lucky on a google search.

My mind is a steel trap that once caught a fox then got neglected and corroded over the years from the blood and elements.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 21, 2019

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

prefect posted:

(Ash continues to elude me, because I hate those defection missions.)

Go to Yursa on Neptune. It's infested, so super easy with a ignis wraith or whatever you have. A manic is guaranteed to spawn after 5 minutes have passed, so you only need to do 1 easy rotation of actual defection. Just leave the second crew :)

Also, I need to step up my spoiler fashion skills: https://imgur.com/x97mhii

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tfw you jump into the eos portal then chat starts up

Oct 28, 2003

Oldstench posted:

Go to Yursa on Neptune. It's infested, so super easy with a ignis wraith or whatever you have. A manic is guaranteed to spawn after 5 minutes have passed, so you only need to do 1 easy rotation of actual defection. Just leave the second crew :)

Also, I need to step up my spoiler fashion skills: https://imgur.com/x97mhii

Also, you can get ash bits from farming kuva. You can never, ever have enough kuva.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

138 posted:

Also, you can get ash bits from farming kuva. You can never, ever have enough kuva.
Droptables can be cruel, i ran 10 hours of kuva surv without ever seeing a single ash systems. It took me like 18 more rounds of yursa manic murder to get my first.

Got 20 ash chassis and 15 ash neuros tho! :downsgun:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

138 posted:

You need kuva primarily for rerolling rivens, right? I've only got two of them so far, and one hasn't been unlocked. (I have a lot of these gaps -- I'm a very uneven player. :D)

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

prefect posted:

You need kuva primarily for rerolling rivens, right? I've only got two of them so far, and one hasn't been unlocked. (I have a lot of these gaps -- I'm a very uneven player. :D)

Yeah, rerolling is the main function. Kuva is also used to build four different warframes and a few weapons, but none of them require massive amounts of it. Gambling for better stats on a riven, on the other hand, can get real expensive and fast. Your first reroll costs 900 kuva and increases with every successive one, finally settling at 3500 kuva on your tenth reroll.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

prefect posted:

If you ever do go down the Riven rabbithole then you'll start doing unspeakable things for that sweet sweet Kuva.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Do not, my friends, become addicted to kuva. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey whats the best way to build a covert lethality dagger?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

StashAugustine posted:

Step 1: build dagger

Step 2: insert cover lethality and stance

Step 3: ???

Step 4: grofit

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
If you're going for covert lethality, make it as fast as possible and let the rest sort itself out.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Dark dagger with covert lethality on an Iraons with the ?sand shadow? Augment.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Rakta Dark Dagger, slap it on Ash with Lethal Teleport and give every enemy the "nothing personnel, kiddo" treatment.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Raptor1033 posted:

Redeemer.gif

cool

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Nickiepoo posted:

If you ever do go down the Riven rabbithole then you'll start doing unspeakable things for that sweet sweet Kuva.

For example, I tend to use kuva survival over NSO for grinding (despite the often-confusing fortress tileset)

And often over ESO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

[:doh:]

So tonight I decided I was going to finally get the Octavia neuroptics I've been needing since before the last time I burned out on the game. I've been going after them on and off since I got back into this, and before I did I was checking the wiki and saw it was a "rotation C" drop table reward. Okay I thought, rotation C stands to reason that will be wave 15, right? Wave 5 would be rotation A, 10 would be B, and 15 C.

It wasn't until tonight though, after about seven or eight runs until the wave 15 reward and still nothing, that I started down the "am I doing something wrong here" train of doubt that you always get when you suffer from bad rng during a grind. Only this time it was exactly that. Looking up old reddit threads on this turns out everyone is talking about wave 20. I did another run and went the extra five minutes to wave 20 and lo and behold the neuroptics BP dropped, just like that!

So instead of being able to take joy in saying I was extremely lucky to have had the part drop the first time I fulfilled the criteria for it to, I get to facepalm the fact that I created my very own nightmare Octavia grind, completely unnecessarily.

That's my story thanks for reading.

I was the guy that made everyone laugh in clan chat about a year or so ago because I admitted that I'd been removing all the mods every time I changed a weapon or warframe out, because I thought mods stayed on the equipment they were slotted to after it was removed.

[/ :doh:]