Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

There used to be a landlord thread in BFC where goons traded tips & tricks for pulling poo poo like this and the meltdowns when they got called out on it were so great.

That thread was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

quote:

The family has also filed a formal discrimination complaint with the state, alleging the landlords targeted a “low-income disabled immigrant family”, and have told the family “they do not belong in a fancy place and can go live somewhere else”. Tam denied the discrimination allegations, saying she has other disabled tenants and that the purpose of her eviction is to “get rid of Section 8” and increase the rents.

what a loving awful excuse for a human being

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

shame on an IGA posted:

There used to be a landlord thread in BFC where goons traded tips & tricks for pulling poo poo like this and the meltdowns when they got called out on it were so great.

there's one in cspam now

i admit it's slightly different in content

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

While perusing The Guardian's articles, I discovered that they're making a new Matrix movie

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/aug/20/the-matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-ann-moss-lana-wachowski

loving christ it's going to be awful and still sell huge in the box office because people will go see it because "Matrix"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Mao had a great way to deal with landlords

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hell if they just get out of Keanu's way and let him wreck everything I'm cool with it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Mao had a great way to deal with landlords

Who was it who shot every 10th apartment manager? Was that Stalin? That sounds good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hell if they just get out of Keanu's way and let him wreck everything I'm cool with it

keanu has earned the right to do whatever movie he wants ever imo and i support matrix 4

i hope lawrence fishburne comes back too. Carrie Anne- Moss is already signed on, and the Wachowskis are both back and doing it

idk gently caress it lets have fun

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

sorry to spoil an old movie but neo dies at the end of Revolution

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Doc Hawkins posted:

That’s just his body. It’s 2019 get with the digital age scrub

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Doc Hawkins posted:

Sorry to spoil an older movie but he died in the first matrix too

I hope he kept the fight choreographers' cards from the john wick movies, idk how they'd fit that poo poo into matrix style wire-fu but I'll buy a ticket

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

That’s just his body. It’s 2019 get with the digital age scrub

yeah idiot

also i hope they have the freeway set still from reloaded

thats my favorite driving scene ever tbh

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

there was a matrix mmo that continued the plot from the movies for a while, as directed by the wachowskis. iirc the machines tell the humans that neo died but refuse to give back his body and morpheus (leading one in-game faction) keeps demanding to know what they're hiding. i assume the game shut down before anything was really developed or resolved, but i guess i shouldn't say more, lest it get used in a new film.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

there was a matrix mmo that continued the plot from the movies for a while, as directed by the wachowskis. iirc the machines tell the humans that neo died but refuse to give back his body and morpheus (leading one in-game faction) keeps demanding to know what they're hiding. i assume the game shut down before anything was really developed or resolved, but i guess i shouldn't say more, lest it get used in a new film.

It'll probably get ruled non-canon because the Matrix MMO was so bad and experienced by so few people.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah idiot

also i hope they have the freeway set still from reloaded

thats my favorite driving scene ever tbh

They dismantled the set entirely and ripped up the paved freeway they built sadly.

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

Stravag posted:

Goddamn margaret you are literally the person the word oval office was invented for holy poo poo
y’all have stopped with the homophobic & transphobic slurs (thank god), can you extend that a lil bit further and refrain from posting misogynistic ones too?

i somehow manage to hate landlords without it, so can you!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie's literally cancelling a diplomatic meeting with Denmark on his European trip because they won't sell Greenland.

No seriously.

I'M loving SERIOUS GODDAMNIT

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/1163964940417404928

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's not gonna let this go. He's only got 17 months left in his term and he thinks this is the only way to secure his legacy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did anybody come up with "Donald's Folly" yet

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I've had a fairly busy week and haven't been paying a ton of attention, why the gently caress is he so obsessed with Greenland? Has Fox been running a bunch of segments about how great it is? Is there some kind of amazing real estate scam to be had there? It's like not even 2019 weird, it's just totally random.

Fallom posted:

Did anybody come up with "Donald's Folly" yet

Roughly 2.4 nanoseconds after it was first announced.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

His body does. Chances are his "Ghost/Avatar" still exists.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

They dismantled the set entirely and ripped up the paved freeway they built sadly.

they laid 5 miles of road in the middle of a desert specifically for the scene

jfc

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fister Roboto posted:

He's not gonna let this go. He's only got 17 months left in his first term and he thinks this is the only way to secure his legacy.

V My friend, all you should be buying now is gold gold GOLD!

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 21, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is it cool to buy a country when we have a recession inbound?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they laid 5 miles of road in the middle of a desert specifically for the scene

jfc

It wasn't in the middle of the desert, it was 1.25 miles of highway on Alameda Island on the old NAS Alameda base.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is it cool to buy a country when we have a recession inbound?

We can get the country back to work with a Greenland New Deal!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I've had a fairly busy week and haven't been paying a ton of attention, why the gently caress is he so obsessed with Greenland? Has Fox been running a bunch of segments about how great it is? Is there some kind of amazing real estate scam to be had there? It's like not even 2019 weird, it's just totally random.

He has a head full of cheddar and it's all stuck in 1979. Greenland is a strategic asset and someone probably said "oh yeah, we use an airbase up there". They also likely pointed to Greenland on a map, because Donnie learns with pictures, and it likely had the Mercator Projection, making Greenland look really big.

See the connection? Big piece of land, strategic, and a brain (full of holes) stuck in the 70s.

Alternatively, Donnie likes to project his own motivations onto others. So everyone is corrupt, untrustworthy, ruthless, and for sale.

https://twitter.com/USAmbDenmark/status/1163924406198030336

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

It wasn't in the middle of the desert, it was 1.25 miles of highway on Alameda Island on the old NAS Alameda base.

ty for that, i think i mixed it up with what they had planned for it at first from one of the behind the scenes things they did

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Warren is going for the throat

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/20/elizabeth-warren-repeal-1994-crime-bill-1469086

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie's literally cancelling a diplomatic meeting with Denmark on his European trip because they won't sell Greenland.

No seriously.

I'M loving SERIOUS GODDAMNIT

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/1163964940417404928

I hate/love that this, the purchase of Greenland by the United States is America under President Donald J Trump in TYOOL 2019, went from thinly sourced quasi-joke article to “holy poo poo, Trump is actually serious about this to the degree that he’d cancel a state visit” in under a loving week.

My family has a long-running friendship with a Danish woman who used to be our au pair in the late 80s. Her partner is a former member of the Sirius Patrol. A super nice guy, but one of those people who conveys the message of “don’t gently caress with me” even as he’s pouring you another cup of coffee at the conclusion of some cool story. If the US bought Greenland, I honestly think he’d go back out on the ice and wage an insurgency.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I hope Denmark decides to say gently caress it and ask an exorbitant price and trump pays it. Greenland, Puerto Rico, DC, and Guam as new states in the 2020's. Trump tries to buy Canada in the last months of his presidency.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I hope donnie realises that the other countries will be waiting for the cheque to clear before they sign anything

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

and that they're a lot harder to shake than family owned construction in nyc/nj in the 80s

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

quote:

Authorities say a Florida man has been charged with performing a castration on another man he met on a eunuch fetish website.

https://www.10tv.com/article/florida-man-charged-after-botched-castration-home-2019-aug

This has been your reminder that Florida Man exists.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1163968600421687296

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

His body does. Chances are his "Ghost/Avatar" still exists.

I missed a whole lot of what was going on in the matrix wtf. Granted i think i was 13 and only watched the sequels once so v0v

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

facialimpediment posted:

He has a head full of cheddar and it's all stuck in 1979. Greenland is a strategic asset and someone probably said "oh yeah, we use an airbase up there". They also likely pointed to Greenland on a map, because Donnie learns with pictures, and it likely had the Mercator Projection, making Greenland look really big.

See the connection? Big piece of land, strategic, and a brain (full of holes) stuck in the 70s.

Alternatively, Donnie likes to project his own motivations onto others. So everyone is corrupt, untrustworthy, ruthless, and for sale.

https://twitter.com/USAmbDenmark/status/1163924406198030336

I know its normal for these sorts of gigs to be given to campaign donors but :laffo:

Wikipedia posted:

Sands started a career in acting in 1987, starring in different episodes of the TV Series "The Bold and the Beautiful".[8][9] From 1988 to 1990 she starred in several movies, and was best known for her work in Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell.[10]

Following her graduation, Sands then started her career working as chiropractor in private practice from 1990 to 1999. Sands had been active in her husband's businesses throughout his career and in 2015, following his death, Sands became the chair and CEO of Vintage Capital Group, which has around $150 million in assets, and of Vintage Real Estate.[7][11] In 2016, Sands served on President Trump's Transition Finance Committee and the Economic Advisory Council.[6][12][13] Sands was the 2016 California Delegate for the 33rd Congressional District to the 2016 Republican National Convention.[6][14]

Sands was confirmed by the United States Senate to serve as the U.S. Ambassador to the Kingdom of Denmark on November 2, 2017.[15][16] She formally assumed the office on December 15, 2017.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I misread the 2nd bolded bit as after the guy died he was made ceo and I was very confused about that strategy cotton

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd like to re-open the argument for crucifixion on the grounds that the guillotine, while fair and egalitarian in dispensing justice, is not easily accessible to the proletariat. Nails, rope, wood, shovels, and blunt objects for hammering are all easy to source and a layman could assemble it unaided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EBB posted:

I'd like to re-open the argument for crucifixion on the grounds that the guillotine, while fair and egalitarian in dispensing justice, is not easily accessible to the proletariat. Nails, rope, wood, shovels, and blunt objects for hammering are all easy to source and a layman could assemble it unaided.

I'm sure a functional blade can be fashioned from a car door.