Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Wow these mages in Hubert's paralogue sure are some of the most suicidal morons I've ever seen in FE. Am I expected to every possible warp, rescue, physic, etc. user here or what?

ROFL Octopus posted:

They also say which characters were deployed most for a map
That's not even close to being the only fun online statistic you can look at, but the point stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'd like it if we could make a seperate thread so Fojar could yell all day about Edelgard without black boxing this place up, separate to the spoiler thread, that's already been taken over by that nonsense talk.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I like the online statistics because sometimes it's just
"why the hell is hubert the #1 gift recipient? :psyduck:"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

Hubert is cool

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Judge Tesla posted:

I'd like it if we could make a seperate thread so Fojar could yell all day about Edelgard without black boxing this place up, separate to the spoiler thread, that's already been taken over by that nonsense talk.

I tend to glaze over the massive edelgard morality posts, regardless of who’s posting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

I blame myself for arguing with him

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finished Blue Lions and that sure was a final boss.

Moving onto golden deer as my final of the main 3 routes and I have decided that since I was denied being a punch woman I will be a punch man. But also so will literally every male on my team. All of the girls will be mortal savants

There is absolutely no way this can go wrong or backfire.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

If it's for specific weeks, maybe because apparently you need C rank Hubert support to get Eldegard inviting you to her coronation

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Quests where you have to give a "gift", mostly

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Moving onto golden deer as my final of the main 3 routes and I have decided that since I was denied being a punch woman I will be a punch man. But also so will literally every male on my team. All of the girls will be mortal savants

I kinda want to try to master Brawler/grappler/warmaster on a m.byleth (but not use fists), and then use fists on a f.byleth.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What's the deal with Cornelia in Edelgard route? I feel like I missed something.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

What's the deal with Cornelia in Edelgard route? I feel like I missed something.

Cornelia is Famous for having stopped a plague a long time ago and being ennobled as a result. You learn this in the Ramirez village plague chapter. You later learn that she is a plant from TWS in the kingdom, and she might have been the one creating said plague she stopped.

Edelgard decides to siege that place in secret (she tells everyone she goes to the capital instead) because she really wants to skank the bitch, knowing she is part of TWS and suspecting some of what she did.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm trying very hard to make Manuela a mortal savant despite her hate of Reason

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arkeus posted:

Cornelia is Famous for having stopped a plague a long time ago and being ennobled as a result. You learn this in the Ramirez village plague chapter. You later learn that she is a plant from TWS in the kingdom, and she might have been the one creating said plague she stopped.

Edelgard decides to siege that place in secret (she tells everyone she goes to the capital instead) because she really wants to skank the bitch, knowing she is part of TWS and suspecting some of what she did.

It also lets her force TWS's hand somewhat without declaring open war. They have to act, but they can't seriously act against her, giving her a chance to see their limits.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

If you change Byleth’s gender on New Game Plus, can you still buy mastery skills from gender-locked classes?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Cattail Prophet posted:

Okay, so I haven't played Golden Deer yet for context on Claude's character as a whole, and I might be way off base and reading too much into things, but (Edelgard's paralogue) I got suspicious when it was revealed at the end of the chapter that Count? Goneril was specifically suffering from a gastrointestinal malady. Between Claude's apparent connection to Almyra and his affinity for poisons, to me it seemed to be subtly implying that Claude orchestrated that whole scenario as a way to get Edelgard to defend the Throat, thus earning the good graces of the Alliance populace and smoothing over the transition of power, which sort of plays into the whole "having a plan for if he loses" thing. Or I guess if Nader wins then that throws a big wrench in Edelgard's plans, which is probably good for Claude... somehow. Anyway, I think it's a pretty legit scheme if it's true, so for now I'm willing to buy Claude as a schemer.

I took that as Hubert planning the whole thing when I played it. But if Claude has a history with fun guys I guess that makes sense too.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 21, 2019

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So are armors also more trouble than they're worth here or

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

blizzardvizard posted:

So are armors also more trouble than they're worth here or

they can be really useful baiting swordmasters and assassins post-timeskip, since those often have more than enough speed to double and one-round a huge chunk of your roster

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This is probably the first time I'd like to do Lunatic, the game has so much customization depth that is like absolutely not necessary I'd like to spend a route getting super into. What's the best route for a Lunatic playthrough? I was thinking Church route but you miss out on some recruiting and customization stuff

I'm going to do Golden Deer for my Lunatic run I think. Church route would mean you won't have a cool house leader unit because Edelgard leaves on that route.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Harrow posted:

I'm going to do Golden Deer for my Lunatic run I think. Church route would mean you won't have a cool house leader unit because Edelgard leaves on that route.

Don't you get Rhea as a leader unit instead?

I've never actually played that route (so far just GD and partway through the BE-E) so I don't know for sure, but that's what I hear/assume!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Arrrthritis posted:

Don't you get Rhea as a leader unit instead?

I've never actually played that route (so far just GD and partway through the BE-E) so I don't know for sure, but that's what I hear/assume!

You do not

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

gently caress. I missed the Edelgard route option. Am I stuck with the church now if I don't have a save file with exploration available that month? I really don't wanna restart the whole thing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Miftan posted:

gently caress. I missed the Edelgard route option. Am I stuck with the church now if I don't have a save file with exploration available that month? I really don't wanna restart the whole thing.

Yeah, you need to go with her during an exploration that minty or you're stuck on the church route.

Going with her opens up the option to choose.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Miftan posted:

If it's passed February you're boned

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

That's super lovely. 15 hours down the drain.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
I really, really, really don't understand why they thought having only 5 saves was a good idea.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

It also lets her force TWS's hand somewhat without declaring open war. They have to act, but they can't seriously act against her, giving her a chance to see their limits.

her reaction when you are like yeah I just really wanted to kill her to Lord Arundel is great cause while she's like haha they are joking, she approves as you get support pts

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

...do people not talk to everyone each month?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm doing a second playthrough and I'm still talking to everyone cause some have different dialogue cause you are in a different house

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Miftan posted:

That's super lovely. 15 hours down the drain.
Blame yourself or God, which coincidentally is the story of Three Houses

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
People from other houses have interesting perspectives and things to say when you’re getting involved with their home countries post timeskip

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terper posted:

I blame myself but I'm probably just never gonna do the Edelgard route now since I'm not replaying the start of this game more than 4 times.

And yeah I stopped talking to everyone all the time since this is my 3rd run through of the pre time skip bit and the monastery gets real old real fast.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

...do people not talk to everyone each month?
I didn't to start with. There are a lot of them, and most of the things they say aren't very interesting.

It was only through sheer good luck that I found the Edelgard thing on my own. I just wanted to invite her to tea, and instead she dragged me into that. Very rude of her.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

I thought the story of Three Houses was meant to mirror the story of the three little pigs (hence the three houses)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's a lot of group task dialogue I won't see because Ingrid and Sylvain won't loving hit A in flying already.

Also Byleth is 1 point of training away from heavy armor D hrnnngh

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Super No Vacancy posted:

after 80 hours i have cleared my first route on classic/hard (look i was very thorough) and i still do not feel like i should read any of the spoilers itt

here's an album of my ending slides so everyone can see how much better the world is without the loathsome edelgard https://imgur.com/a/jsuGLk6

thinking i'll wait for a dlc round or two before going in for NG+. would be awfully easy given all the classes i mastered and poo poo

It's so interesting that I had Felix/Leonie on my golden deer yet it was totally different.
Man, there's SO MUCH effort in this game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Your Computer posted:

I thought the story of Three Houses was meant to mirror the story of the three little pigs (hence the three houses)

This house was made of trauma and schizophrenia
This house was made of racism and bigotry
And this house was made from torture and child experiments

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol after the Cause Of Sorrow chapter and the music changes to sad poo poo while Byleth is just moping on the menu screen. I hate this

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
drat, the cutscenes are soo bad. They look just horrible. After the opening one, i thought i was done with that, but no, apparently there's more cutscenes during the game, too.

Who thought that was a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

HenryEx posted:

drat, the cutscenes are soo bad. They look just horrible. After the opening one, i thought i was done with that, but no, apparently there's more cutscenes during the game, too.

Who thought that was a good idea?

Who thought it was a good idea to have cutscenes during the game?

Every game developer for the past 20 years.