Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dementropy posted:

That's a lot of alt accounts!

Cats got a really good deal on bought upvotes, so all 12 of us are just goin wild in our... troll... hive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
So when this is all done, if Netflix made a documentary about it- what would it be called?

:gary: Indiana Croberts and the Raiders of the Lost Parp? :yarg:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Wavyhands Wonka and the JPEG Factory?

I can imagine the little orange Lando-loompas marching out to sing and dance and distract everyone when Lesnik falls in the chocolate river and gets stuck in a tube.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav posted:

Our favorite lifter appears to be boosting Apex Legends in between misogyny and lifts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Very rude of him to block me imo. Not very manly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I like that whole reddit thread on the 890 pilot seat thing.

"Well multi-crew is on the roadmap so it will change."

Yeah, sure. I love this fiasco.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So when this is all done, if Netflix made a documentary about it- what would it be called?

:gary: Indiana Croberts and the Raiders of the Lost Parp? :yarg:

From the last thread

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1164181350989127681

I think they're just dodging security at this point.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 21, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dementropy posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1164181350989127681

I think they're just dodging security at this point.

It's a new feature for Gamescom 2019, the "Roaming Scam Booth." Very low prices!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

DigitalPenny posted:

What units would i measure this in

Pledges/assests?
Spectrum post / seconds ?
Reddit time / time in game ?

Have thought of a name for the unit?

Croblets ?
Milli scams?
Cryrekts?
Alphars?

It can be measured in dollars

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The always winning cap was a nice touch.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Thoatse posted:

From the last thread

:lol::lol::lol:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

asses of creation's battle royale test* is out and it's a new level of trash. the subreddit is an exact duplicate of star citizen with the whale defense force telling everyone akshually you don't understand game development. i'm sure some of the same faces are there but my brain shuts off after reading reddit for more than 90 seconds.

*not a test, this is going to be the game because it's all they have.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

I blame Captain Marvel.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

teh_Broseph posted:

Has anyone said star shitizen yet?

Yes, and you can quote the poo poo out of it

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Very rude of him to block me imo. Not very manly.

I got a like and I was so conflicted.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I am hollow, like death.

F

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:laugh:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm in awe once again of CIG's ability to completely flip the script without having actually done anything.

Subreddit temperature check:

Did you know there's a new ship?
new ship!
NEW SHIP!
full of useless rooms!
omg show me every detail
how much can it carry I need to know right now
look how big I can gape this hangar
NEEEEEEW SHIIIIIIP
but you're gonna let me test it right
p.s. it costs 900 dollars and doesn't work

How about some threads about other topics?
Nope, not really. Nobody's posting in anything but 890 threads
oh wait here's one about mining. Spoiler: it is bad

Can this possibly continue through yet another bad roadmap update this Friday?
I'd bet on it. Excitement over the yachtship will probably silence all criticism for a week or more until it leaves Evocati. Then you'll never see it again, because even the big whales weren't stupid enough to buy one of these things.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Talk to Transformer has gotten and update, and tradition demands it:

Star Citizen is not a scam! You do your research. The $99 price you see is actually the current market price of the game. And if you've never played a Wing Commander game, that's just how it is. That's why I'm telling you this - it's not a scam. I will not lie to anyone. You want to be a part of my team? I invite you to join our mailing list to get more info: https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/forums/...php?t=384750 And again, don't give up, you can work as a designer, programmer, artist, or even better, a PR person. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you work within the boundaries of what everyone else here in CIG does." - Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts has fled the country with hundreds of millions in stolen funding! It's time to see if he can be stopped. We need to fight to stop him. Please click here to help spread the word about our campaign!

"I have been in and out of prisons and jails but never in a situation that involved stealing from the public to fund my own personal business." - Chris Roberts, the man behind the scams known as the Roberts Institute.

Chris Roberts, owner and President of The Roberts Institute LLC, is now running a legal scam that may go as far as "the largest Ponzi scheme in history". His website promises to help people avoid criminal prosecution by paying off debts in exchange for "free courses" in topics like "The Art of Financial Management" and "Investing for the long run".

Mr. Roberts and his company claim to offer high quality, real world guidance in investing that is based on financial theory and has received a "Certificate of Financial Success" from one of the most prestigious investment banks in the United States.

But we are not buying it. He has been caught scamming people.

Interestingly: the algorithm likes to attach 'promotional' material to Star Citizen related content. Stuff like made up urls for 'click here for referral code' or 'use link for store discount'. Given that it is generating this based on what it has 'read' prior, the association it has formed with desperate marketing his absolutely delicious.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 21, 2019

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1164197035765112832
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1164197488724758528

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

L O L

The only work he's doing for SC now is taste testing all the food fans send in for poisoning before forwarding left overs to the office.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

"We should purge the jews, errr, critics!"

I love when I can depend on the community to effortlessly prove my points about the community.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

He seemed like a swell guy. Good riddance, until he creates his next one if you haven't already received another vile outburst.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I'm game ship plushie.....beyond parody.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Haven't read the thread since March. Thanks a lot to virtual captain for the recap thread otherwise I would have had to read through 20k posts oh lord.

I missed the new fangled flight model hilarity in 3.5 which is sad, but Sarsapariller did good in explaining the gently caress ups that continue to ensue.

Aniways I shall be reading and posting more frequently again as we exit the summer break on all things CI not G

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dementropy is Captain Marvel- confirmed!

Why did he put sex in quotations?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

I'm game ship plushie.....beyond parody.

Yeah, wtf is that. lol.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Q The Agent predicted this.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

FailureToReport posted:

L O L

The only work he's doing for SC now is taste testing all the food fans send in for poisoning before forwarding left overs to the office.

Heh, leftovers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hoping Roberts carries said plushie onto a ramp during Citcon.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I sure am excited for an in game telescope when Microsoft photos let's me zoom into jpgs just fine

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

That plushie is so star citizer in a nutshell. make? TBA model? TBA. But gently caress it, we'll promise it to you anyway.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

vyst posted:

I sure am excited for an in game telescope when Microsoft photos let's me zoom into jpgs just fine

The in-game telescope is decorative, Citizen

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, wtf is that. lol.

They are openly copying Warframe at this point.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

rePool posted:

He seemed like a swell guy. Good riddance, until he creates his next one if you haven't already received another vile outburst.

Does this guy know that Torbujugend is Antifa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They are openly copying Warframe at this point.

Absolutely not good sir! Warframe have floofs, not plushies. CIG would never do something as devious a steal or copy from others. Chris Roberts' high standards would never allow for such behaviour.

Stop spreading FUD tennogoonie