Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It should download whatever version you out in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBX posted:

It should download whatever version you out in.

Yeah I guess the real concern is whether or not the German version can switch languages. I can't find any info about it online

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I believe the region of the disc is not regarded. All that matters is the region of your account.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

I believe the region of the disc is not regarded. All that matters is the region of your account.

I wish there was some solid documentation from Microsoft on the matter! It's super vague online!

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ar_pP8ANWk

Looks like it is! Excellent

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 21, 2019

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

There's some weird nuance with this, but it does overall depend on how the SKU is built. Some games are language-locked on 360 due to disc size limitations. In Canada there were a few French-only discs put out, with a few of them even having a free DLC pack that restored the English. For example I have a Canadian French copy of Halo: Reach which only replaces the audio files, so if you play it on an English system everything is in English except the voices themselves. I've confirmed it downloads an actual different SKU from the English version.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Hey y'all quick question, I got PC Game Pass a while back. I'm a little confused why the xbox game pass gets tons of awesome games like DMC5 and the PC version is pretty crap in comparison. Is this how it will be going forward? I don't know whether to unsubscribe or hold on.

When I got PC Gamepass I assumed that PC would at least get the new stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's still a better value than many of the other PC subscription services (perhaps why they don't seem to care as much) I just hoped for more.

Simply buying an Xbone isn't an option either because unfortunately I am super used to 60/120fps games. It's kinda making me wish I didn't get into high-end PC gaming but that's a discussion for another time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm disappointed that DMC5 is not on both Xbox and PC, however, I am guessing that this is a technical issue and cannot be easily fixed. DMC5 on PC is available on Steam only. Where Ultimate Game Pass is going to really shine is in Microsoft developed & published games. Game Pass subs get early access to Gears 5, and the Outer Worlds (granted this is not Microsoft) on both Xbox and PC, and it'll be that way going forward for just about every single Microsoft game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Gamepass PC will probably not have very many AAA games other than Xbox Game Studios games. Feel free to enjoy the 120fps experience on such great games as Yoku's Island Express, Moonlighter, For The King, SteamWorld Dig 2, Slay The Spire, Hollow Knight, and Wizard of Legend.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Microsoft have less incentive to make PC gamepass good when they could sell you a console as well

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it's less Microsoft not caring and more there being weird hurdles when it comes to bigger name PC games than with console titles.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

American McGay posted:

Gamepass PC will probably not have very many AAA games other than Xbox Game Studios games. Feel free to enjoy the 120fps experience on such great games as Yoku's Island Express, Moonlighter, For The King, SteamWorld Dig 2, Slay The Spire, Hollow Knight, and Wizard of Legend.

Actually loll'ed in real life.

At least Slay the Spire is really good. To be fair Forza Horizons looks absolutely incredible, I'm not much of a racing fan though.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Microsoft have less incentive to make PC gamepass good when they could sell you a console as well

Is the margin on xbone really that good? I paid for Windows, dang. Really putting some work in on my stress ball right now.

Taima fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 21, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
All those games are really good. It wasn't a sarcastic post, just more of a kind of indicator of the types of games you should expect to be playing for free on Gamepass.

If you're a Bob's Indie Treasure gamer you'll save thousands a year, but if you're a COD 80GB update gamer you might not see much value in it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The AAA PC devs all want you to install their thing instead of use the Microsoft store.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

The AAA PC devs all want you to install their thing instead of use the Microsoft store.

Yeah and it's funny because all it's doing is making sure every service is bad. Like wow can't wait to pay for Ubi+ and... you know... play the 2-3 good games on it. Just like Origin Access.

Hilariously, movie and TV streaming is going this way too with everyone wanting their own services. It's going to be the shittier version of a unified paid subscription that TV execs warned would happen for years.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Still digging through disc-only 360 exclusives. Apparently they also include Project Sylpheed and Chrome Hounds.

Is CH a less crazy Armored Core?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
CH is dead unfortunately. I'd say it was crazier than Armored Core.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

missing out on chromehounds when it was still a thing you could play is my biggest regret from the 360 era

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sadly Chromehounds only has a tutorial campaign for single player. I still have my physical copy of the game, but there's no point in playing it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
ChromeHounds was rad you could attach a big ol cannon to your robots crotch, go online and shoot other people's robots with a big ol dick gun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It was a very broken and unbalanced game. People put dozens of missiles on their mechs and just long range destroyed anyone who didn't know better. The online was this very unique dynamic campaign where players can take over territories and the whole thing played out over a huge war that reset every once in awhile.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Unfortunately the creation of party chat completely destroyed key gameplay mechanics.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Chromehounds was my favorite from soft thing to this day. Low key hate the fact that it and otogi are buried under the souls legacy now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my favorite from software thing was the ps1 armored core games, although like most games from that era i find playing them today to be ponderous and clumsy at best

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Nexus was in the sweet spot when they'd just realized PS2 had analog sticks, but before they made everything dash non-stop in the following generation.

How terrible is AC6? I've played 4,5,0.

Also, is Magna Carta 2 as bad as the PS2 one or even worse? I've looked at a couple of reviews and is sounds like the plot was just taken from the earlier game with names swapped.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SelenicMartian posted:

it is substantially worse than all three of those games in basically every way. very same-y missions that bring nothing new to the table, only a third as many playable planes as were in 5 and 0, and the story and dialogue are so loving terrible i straight-up muted my tv several times while playing it out of sheer embarrassment. it's at least better than the lovely ace combat knockoffs like over g and hawx that were coming out around the same time, and is also boatloads better than assault fuckin horizon, but it is still very not good at all.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

A Sometimes Food posted:

No idea. Haven't bought anything digital yet.

Everything I've seen online says if it's your home console and your sub is active it should work for 30 days offline before it needs to call home.

I live in Australia we have worthless garbage internet which will only get worse, if I can't play offline that's like. A pretty big problem.

Try signing out and back in again. If you're dropping in and out of internet all the time you might be triggering the 'signed in but not actually signed in' bug.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Now that 7 is out theres no reason to play 6 except the campaign has some fun cutscene lines

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

SelenicMartian posted:

Nexus was in the sweet spot when they'd just realized PS2 had analog sticks, but before they made everything dash non-stop in the following generation.

Also, is Magna Carta 2 as bad as the PS2 one or even worse? I've looked at a couple of reviews and is sounds like the plot was just taken from the earlier game with names swapped.

Its good, there I said it. No, its not the holy trinity. It does have some amazing big battles though. The ally system is legit cool and makes you feel like there's an actual battle you're influencing rather than a simple shooting gallery. Dialogue is... eh. But until AC7 it had the best gameplay of the AC games. And honestly, it has the one thing AC7 lacks. Simple kill everything you can in 20 minutes missions. I love AC7 and its gimmick missions but it needs more breaks where there's nothing but you, a timer, and a score to run up.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Oh, I see, it's the same poo poo again. 4 was mostly huge missions where they gave you a point quota and cut you loose over a big battlefield. 5 was the one with lots of gimmick missions and little freedom.

Maybe zero will come back in 8?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

They should just do an HD remaster of all three ps2 games and sell that, I'd fuckin buy that. Or hell, I'd buy a remaster of just 0 by itself since it's on a whole other level from the rest of the series.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

They should just do an HD remaster of all three ps2 games and sell that, I'd fuckin buy that. Or hell, I'd buy a remaster of just 0 by itself since it's on a whole other level from the rest of the series.

Yeah I'd buy a pack like that extremely quickly. Fun fact, AC0 is where I started to distrust gaming magazines. I bought it on a whim since I loved AC1, 4 and 5. Played though, loved it as well. Looked in an issue of EGM, and they gave it some... less that stellar scores. Pretty sure one guy gave it a 4 or 4.5/10.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kingdom Come Deliverance is on Win10 Game Pass. I know the developer is kind of a chud, but I've also been told it's a lot like Darklands, which was one of my favorite games from the 90s.

Every time someone says AC i have to think if they're talking about Ace Combat or Assassins Creed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was too stupid to get through the melee combat tutorial in Kingdom Come, so I never got far in that game. Apparently the new DLC has a literal rape scene in it that resulted in the game being banned and in Australia.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me, naively: Oh Age Of Empires Definitive Edition, I'll give that a little play it can't be that big of a download.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can download Kingdom Come in Australia. Weird? The only other banned game I've tried (Super Blood Hockey) didn't even show up in the store.

Am I gonna get deported now?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I can download Kingdom Come in Australia. Weird? The only other banned game I've tried (Super Blood Hockey) didn't even show up in the store.

Am I gonna get deported now?

I think I might download it too before somebody realises haha.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The only other banned game I've tried (Super Blood Hockey) didn't even show up in the store.

That's banned? It's on Steam. Is it worth grabbing before someone realises?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got Kingdom Come on PS4 and there's absolutely no way I'd recommend playing it on console. It's 100% a PC game. The controls are just baffling.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

A Sometimes Food posted:

That's banned? It's on Steam. Is it worth grabbing before someone realises?

Oh wait! Just googled and apparently it and We Happy Few are R18+ again, so not banned. :aaa:

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/08/22/no-kingdom-come-deliverance-we-happy-few-are-not-banned-in-australia lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Fanatic posted:

Oh wait! Just googled and apparently it and We Happy Few are R18+ again, so not banned. :aaa:

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/08/22/no-kingdom-come-deliverance-we-happy-few-are-not-banned-in-australia lol

Oh I actually meant Super Blood Hockey but also good to know.

Also is there any way to check achievements in the Xbox beta app on pc?

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 23, 2019