Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The best vegetable is peas because you can buy the bag you just throw in the microwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

shovelbum posted:

You can just cook vegetables in the oven w various fats and spices as needed it takes like 2 seconds and then waiting

No kidding, toss some veggies in olive oil and salt and throw them in the oven at 400-425 for 10-20 minutes and boom, you’ve got something better than steamed buttered bullshit

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

shovelbum posted:

You can just cook vegetables in the oven w various fats and spices as needed it takes like 2 seconds and then waiting

i'm amazed at the number of vegans, vegetarians, and veguloids that have never heard of "thin sliced zuchinni with salt and pepper and olive oil, broiled briefly." like that poo poo is Summertime Sashimi. People get sick of how productive zuke plants are cuz they don't know how to cook em good at all.

my wife asked me to make a primavera sauce by just boiling large-cut vegetables in sauce and it caused me physical anguish to do so.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I don't buy it because I'm not wild on it, but every single drat time I have zucchini it's overcooked.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i'm amazed at the number of vegans, vegetarians, and veguloids that have never heard of "thin sliced zuchinni with salt and pepper and olive oil, broiled briefly." like that poo poo is Summertime Sashimi. People get sick of how productive zuke plants are cuz they don't know how to cook em good at all.

my wife asked me to make a primavera sauce by just boiling large-cut vegetables in sauce and it caused me physical anguish to do so.

Oh hey Phiz.. have i told you lately i thoroughly enjoy your posts? :)

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Personally I don't even request oral anymore cuz the only folks who can handle all of my business are naga-kin and snakefolks with detatchable jaws, and even then they end up mostly a translucent fleshy sheath stretched over an impossibly large, rage-hard testament to the horrors of genital science.

I thought you were a woman. I mean I guess that last part still makes sense.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I posted the vegan kid story because i just wanted to shame OP for their poor culinary skills and dietary choices. I apologize for starting up vegan chat.

I recently had a relative visit the family, and the entire time, they did not eat any vegetable that wasn't a fried potato or buttered corn on the cob. Okay, there was one dish with tomatoes that weren't fried at all. But still, this is a grown adult in their 50's who still doesn't eat their veggies.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I don't buy it because I'm not wild on it, but every single drat time I have zucchini it's overcooked.

It's a little tricky to get zucchini right. Cook it too long, it gets mushy. Cook it too short, too watery. But when you get it just right, it's delicious. I usually prefer cutting zucchini into small pieces and stir-frying in olive oil for about 6 minutes.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

also this:

DemoneeHo posted:

I [20M] accidentally said another guys name during sex. Girlfriend [20F] is now super upset

He should just steer into the skid and start saying really random names during sex.

and this:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I take my shoes off on long flights and there's nothing you can do to stop me

Thanks for takin me on those long flights.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

DandyLion posted:

I thought you were a woman. I mean I guess that last part still makes sense.

haha nah easy mistake to make though, i'm just a huge bitch.

My Shoes posted:

Oh hey Phiz.. have i told you lately i thoroughly enjoy your posts? :)

<3 aw thanks bud <3 hope ur summer is going swell

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't think it will be possible to beat the current thread title for quite some time, but /r/relationships: he enjoys sex in front of the fire place is distinctly great too.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for not wanting to have a double wedding with my boyfriend’s twin brother and his girlfriend?

quote:

As the title says, my boyfriend Matt and his twin brother Mark want to have a double wedding. This means Matt and I, and Mark and his fiancée Jenny will be married in on the same day in the same ceremony.

Matt and Mark think it’s a great idea because they’ve always been close and splitting the wedding expenses means more money that we can spend elsewhere. Jenny doesn’t have a problem with it, so now I’m the wet blanket who doesn’t want to agree to something that three people already said they want.

Jenny and I are good friends and I don’t see her as competition, but I just want my wedding to be about me and Matt, not about Matt and Mark or about Matt, Me, Mark and Jenny. And though it is a good thing to save money, we can afford two weddings easily without breaking the bank so it’s not like I want to do a financially irresponsible move.

AITA?

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I don't think it will be possible to beat the current thread title for quite some time, but /r/relationships: he enjoys sex in front of the fire place is distinctly great too.

Hey CDTB hope youre havin a better day. I was vapin right along w ya last night :P

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not wanting to have a double wedding with my boyfriend’s twin brother and his girlfriend?

Double weddings are gay af.

Also, i'm gay.

Everything is gay

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

My Shoes posted:

Hey CDTB hope youre havin a better day. I was vapin right along w ya last night :P

My day's been pretty okay today at work, but thanks.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

My day's been pretty okay today at work, but thanks.

Awesome! You're welcome :love:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I think it'd be funny if they had two altars at either ends of the audience and the priests each had the other team's flag and in order to score had to succeed in like basically a suicide run up the center aisle while the other team's backup player lobs shrapnel grenades from the back corner.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
they should get two football teams together with one team per couple and whoever wins gets married first

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

My Shoes posted:

Awesome! You're welcome :love:

I appreciate you looking out. :)

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
What is best in life?

To crush your potatos, see them driven before you, sprinkle them with garam masala and hear the lamentation of the leek!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DemoneeHo posted:

A double wedding with your twin who you're close with sounds really fun, actually. Not sure why this person's being such a party pooper.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
stuff folka didn't know thems can 100% curry:
- apples
- marshed perderders, as was said above
- boxed mac n cheese
- pickles
- ctirons
- beef (dont tell hindustan)
- plantains & green barnarnars

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A double wedding with your twin who you're close with sounds really fun, actually. Not sure why this person's being such a party pooper.

Split all the costs, all the fam flies just once, etc. I’d do it.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Because it means that rather than being her special day with her husband, the spotlight is shared with another couple.

I don't think it's especially unreasonable tbh.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yep, you're marrying one of those sets of twins by the sounds of it, poo poo will never be normal I reckon.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

plantains are the poo poo.

About once a month I make plantain waffles..... omg so good.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

My Shoes posted:

holly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt that sounds good as PISSSSS

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh wow nice a story with food in it, time to talk about myself

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hawowanlawow posted:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pinecone Sample posted:

Wow congrats on the weird sex

Thanks. And if you play your cards right, I'll even apply the mascara for you.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

hawowanlawow posted:

it's leo season baby :madmax:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

My Shoes posted:

Plantain waffles?!!! I want that so badly! :swoon:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I've collected a couple of ideas from them, so oh wow nice indeed!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

hawowanlawow posted:

Lol

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

stuff folka didn't know thems can 100% curry:
- apples
- marshed perderders, as was said above
- boxed mac n cheese
- pickles
- ctirons
- beef (dont tell hindustan)
- plantains & green barnarnars

uhhh yeh was replying to that.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

DemoneeHo posted:

I posted the vegan kid story because i just wanted to shame OP for their poor culinary skills and dietary choices. I apologize for starting up vegan chat.

I recently had a relative visit the family, and the entire time, they did not eat any vegetable that wasn't a fried potato or buttered corn on the cob. Okay, there was one dish with tomatoes that weren't fried at all. But still, this is a grown adult in their 50's who still doesn't eat their veggies.

Haha yeah once I saw the bit about her vegetable sides I totally got it, bc every time I go and visit my father's (Midwestern) family it's like this. I swear to God the only vegetables they eat are corn and potatoes. Every time I go there I don't poo poo properly for a week. and apparently my stepmom can't eat green salad because it "makes her stomach upset"

:psyduck: loving barbarians...

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

charity rereg posted:

The 13 year old kid is 100% the rear end in a top hat in that story. He eats meat at school and knows enough to conceal it from his parents, but he instantly narcs on the thread poster? Come on, you hosed everything up now. You had another place you could go to get sneakily fed corn as a side to other corn products. You know this dad would buy whatever garbage you want for sleepovers too.

kid's gotta learn about when to slow play a hand

Ugh, yeah, what the hell was he thinking? That's like a teenager immediately narcing on the friend that buys booze for parties, he just shot his own foot for no reason

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Iceberg lettuce tastes like absolutely nothing, but these people swear it's the most disgusting thing they've put near their mouths. You'll see them flip out at McDonald's because they accidentally put lettuce on the Big Mac AND NOW IT'S MELTED IN WITH THE CHEESE AND RUINED.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
picky eaters should just be culled already, what the hell are they going to do whenever we're all eating crickets during the climate apocalypse??!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

HOT BREAD! posted:

Haha yeah once I saw the bit about her vegetable sides I totally got it, bc every time I go and visit my father's (Midwestern) family it's like this. I swear to God the only vegetables they eat are corn and potatoes. Every time I go there I don't poo poo properly for a week. and apparently my stepmom can't eat green salad because it "makes her stomach upset"

i could imagine her turning and seeing the barely-digested chunks of leaf mixed in with her pale shitwater and assuming AHA! IT 'TWERE VEGEBLES WHAT AFFLICT'D MY INNARDS SO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

HOT BREAD! posted:

and apparently my stepmom can't eat green salad because it "makes her stomach upset"

I used to eat nothing but meat and potatoes. The few times a year I'd eat salad my stomach would rumble cause it's not used to it so I doubt your stepmother is lying.

But I eventually realized "the problem is me and my diet than the salad." Which it seems like she hasn't done yet.