Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

Quick, where is Zemo these days?

yeah, frank wants him dead so hes in nyc cuz he nuked his own country and ran and is now hiding out with fisk

e: ghost-spider making a good case for a book centered around ESU

e2: so i guess ms marvels new suit is basically a symbiote? lol

site fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm going to be sad when Dr. Octopus goes bad again but Superior Spider-Man is quite good and in the new issues he models accountability in a way that kind of caught me off-guard. I'm liking how thoughtfully it's treating the idea of someone really cartoonishly bad trying to be good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah superior has been much better than i expected so far

i was reading Valkyrie and i was like wait this feels really short, and i guess marvel isnt banking on this book cuz they only gave it 18 pages of story

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How many of those are double pages though?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh yeah i guess that doesnt register with my on digital, brings page count to 20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the laura/gabby story in fearless is about them rescuing immigrant kids from an american concentration camp. owns

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

site posted:

the laura/gabby story in fearless is about them rescuing immigrant kids from an american concentration camp. owns

Absolutely a great story even if it was extremely short.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I really dug the first two issues of Valkyrie. That last page on the second issue really got me. I mean, it's a cheap pop, but it's a good cheap pop.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is going from bellhop to red skull technically a glow up

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
They could make an evil clone Otto with the memories from the robot that has his old memories on it, let current Otto keep doing his thing, boom, we get to have our cake and eat it too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Argue posted:

They could make an evil clone Otto with the memories from the robot that has his old memories on it, let current Otto keep doing his thing, boom, we get to have our cake and eat it too.

And Otto loves cake

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Archyduchess posted:

Edit: It's funny, I often idly think about Hickman as an extremely weird disciple of German Romanticism in some ways, in good and bad ways, so packaging his comics with a bit of Blaue Blumen is pretty funny.

PantsOptional posted:

It’s not sunflowers. It’s bachelor’s button, aka cornflower.

Uh, if so, that's not in ideal choice, especially if it should reference German cultural history, since the Kornblume has the very unfortunate association in Germany and Austria of being a visible signifier of right-wing (Neo)-Nazis for decades (and anti-semitic Nationalism since at least the early 20th century, pre-dating the Nazis themselves), with a very big flair up in the recent years. If you see someone wearing one in German speaking countries it's a sure sign to be wary of that person's political positions.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I really dug the first two issues of Valkyrie. That last page on the second issue really got me. I mean, it's a cheap pop, but it's a good cheap pop.

It was good and that Daredevil comment from Bullseye made me laugh.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Yo, wait, I was enjoying ASM until it dawn on me that this current story could be viewed as mucho sexist. Is Nick Spencer trying to say something messed up with this story?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Covok posted:

Yo, wait, I was enjoying ASM until it dawn on me that this current story could be viewed as mucho sexist. Is Nick Spencer trying to say something messed up with this story?

It depends on how inclined you are to give him the benefit of the doubt. A lot of the language he's using would work as well for parodying Silicon Valley startups, and that's a well he's visited once before in his Captain America run.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.newsarama.com/46630-marvel-comics-november-2019-solicitations.html

"X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world"

Well if Percy writing wasn't enough, guess I know more than enough about this book to not read it now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Roth posted:

Well if Percy writing wasn't enough, guess I know more than enough about this book to not read it now.

I guess there's no reason to count it out just yet, but just the thought of Xavier's Hit Team wearies me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gurihiru drawn Spider-Man/Venom mini sounds awesome though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh an I hope that's Kid Gladiator on the cover of New Mutants #2.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Gurihiru drawn [...] mini sounds awesome though.

Seriously I don't think I've ever read something they've worked on that I disliked.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Roth posted:

Considering many of the previous X-Force runs have had them being outright assassins, it's way less of a change of premise than one would think (please insert random jab at the CIA, I'm not feeling creative).

That said, based on some of the other comments Percy has made online, I think the internal tensions between both branches of the team could end up being more interesting than the basic concept itself.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
n-new garth ennis punisher max...???

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Somebody in the Marvel office said out loud, while reading the news, "Man, I hate the Russians right now."

Suddenly, Ennis was standing behind them with a pitch document in one outstretched hand.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i hope one day we get the story about franks second vietnam tour, that ennis said he was writing at the end of his last arc

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I for one am shocked that X-Force would be used as some kind of mutant black ops team!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

Somebody in the Marvel office said out loud, while reading the news, "Man, The Boys is getting a lot of good press recently."

Suddenly, Ennis was standing behind them with a pitch document in one outstretched hand.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Alaois posted:

I for one am shocked that X-Force would be used as some kind of mutant black ops team!

I mostly just think it's a bit off to compare a team made up of members of a stand in for opressed minorities to the organization that works for one of the most powerful nations in the country and has worked to help gently caress over said oppressed minorities.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

i hope one day we get the story about franks second vietnam tour, that ennis said he was writing at the end of his last arc

We did get this. It's called The Platoon.

E: nevermind, that was about his first tour. The second tour one is coming next year though, and is called Get Fury.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
speaking of vietnam

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roth posted:

Uncanny X-Force omni is getting a reprint!! :stoked:

radlum
May 13, 2013

site posted:

speaking of vietnam

I kind of like this? It's Vietnam but with another name/date, but it kind of works

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
What else has Percy done that makes him bad for this? I only know him from GA and Teen Titans, and I know for a fact that no one can make Teen Titans good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

What else has Percy done that makes him bad for this? I only know him from GA and Teen Titans, and I know for a fact that no one can make Teen Titans good.

being angry at someone for having a bad Teen Titans run is like

i don't know i can't think of a good analogy, Teen Titans is cursed by Angra Mainyu to bring nothing but despair to all those who read it

the "CIA of the mutant world" thing is just Marketing Shorthand because the vast majority of people's perceptions of the CIA is "the part of the government that does spy stuff"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Percy's Rebirth Green Arrow run was like the most consistently great book of the Rebirth lineup until he left the book. And yeah someone having a bad Titans run just means they had a Titans run.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I thought Green Arrow was only notable for having really good artists on the book, and definitely not for the writing. It had good ideas like making Emiko Red Arrow, and then does nothing with them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now that it's bought up, it would be hard to think of a good Titans run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Now that it's bought up, it would be hard to think of a good Titans run.

The first two years of the original New Teen Titans is probably the best the book has ever been. The first year of the baxter series is also good. I have a soft spot for the early 90's era up through #100.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Wanderer posted:

It depends on how inclined you are to give him the benefit of the doubt. A lot of the language he's using would work as well for parodying Silicon Valley startups, and that's a well he's visited once before in his Captain America run.

I really hope it’s not sexism because I like the book. And I would feel guilty if it was bad.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The best Teen Titans is Peter David's Young Justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beerdeer posted:

The best Teen Titans is Peter David's Young Justice.

Factual Statement.