Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Furia posted:

If we’re gonna be reliving the past someone needs to post the fallout new Vegas sex mod video

Is that the one where the player initiates the mod with one of their custom followers, and Boone walks in and then just immediately turns around and leaves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Furia posted:

If we’re gonna be reliving the past someone needs to post the fallout new Vegas sex mod video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx_2Fo1qyQ

This one? "Take a smell brother" has stuck with me. Haunted me, even.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

TGLT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx_2Fo1qyQ

This one? "Take a smell brother" has stuck with me. Haunted me, even.

Haunted? We’ve been blessed.

I could have sworn it ended with a ballistic fist kill though. Must be misremembering

Furia fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 19, 2019

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcIrOJ7JfE

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Oh my, even the sounds are changed to clanks :allears: Also did that dude go "Go Pepsi"?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"Doom brand Boom Coffee. Hell of a lot of caffeine."

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You can only "fire" It once, because all of the other shotgun shells you find on Mars aren't accepted by the DRM.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I didn't know the joke wad dedicated to absurd supershotgun varients had a sequel.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
There is nothing humorous about excellent DoomTM brand Boom Coffee.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You know you could probably make a fortune selling a proprietary coffee machine that you load with shotgun shells full of coffee.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mount and Blade 2 trailers have got me reinstalling Warband, and looking at the mods on the workshop...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1820773177

Its a mod that changes your character's age UI to Bannerlord release date.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

OwlFancier posted:

You know you could probably make a fortune selling a proprietary coffee machine that you load with shotgun shells full of coffee.

A Keurig marketed on the back of toxic masculinity would be a powerful curse indeed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could even sell an advanced model where you load the shell with a small amount of gunpowder and a primer as well, using the detonation to do a really fast espresso and also it makes the coffee taste like burning fuse wire.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

I mean, Black Rifle Coffee and other HI SPEED LOW DRAG caffeine products are already a thing. There's definitely a market.

Bonus points: the coffee shotgun just pipes in pressurized air and blasts the coffee out of a pipe into your awaiting mouth and burns the poo poo out of you. Now it's a challenge to drink it. Dudebros can't step away from a challenge! Or the resulting superficial burns!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

jonsicoli posted:

I mean, Black Rifle Coffee and other HI SPEED LOW DRAG caffeine products are already a thing. There's definitely a market.

Bonus points: the coffee shotgun just pipes in pressurized air and blasts the coffee out of a pipe into your awaiting mouth and burns the poo poo out of you. Now it's a challenge to drink it. Dudebros can't step away from a challenge! Or the resulting superficial burns!

For best results aim to give your target demographic mercury poisoning to make it easier to convince them to buy more dumb poo poo.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

This is inaccurate, it take like a minute for one of these things to either heat up or dispense shotgun shells.

On the plus side, you can do you part for your environment by buying the compostable shotgun shells! :thumbs up. They're quieter too, so you can dispense your shotgun shells without alerting bothering others! :thumbsup:

Me, I'll just stick to brewing my buckshot in a carafe like normal.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

You could even sell an advanced model where you load the shell with a small amount of gunpowder and a primer as well, using the detonation to do a really fast espresso and also it makes the coffee taste like burning fuse wire.
That kind of thing really didn't work out well for Raiden. I suppose to the right market that would only add to the appeal, though.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You know how in Super Mario 64, the segments of Mario's limbs don't quite connect? You can see the seams between the different parts of his model.

image source

Kaze Emanuar, creator of many impressive SM64 romhacks, decided to see if he could fix this issue. When the game animates mario, it renders each segment of his model facing in the default direction, then reorients the segment so it is aligned correctly with the model as a whole, then moves onto the next segment. Kaze devised a way to keep the vertices of the previous segment in memory when rendering the next segment, which makes it possible to, for example, align the "left shoe" segment based on the location of the "bottom of left leg" segment. The result is that mario looks much more contiguous, rather than like a bunch of pieces stitched together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw6rzcA_qQg

Now at this point you might be thinking "well, big deal. Of course you can make Mario look better with modern technology." Then Kaze reveals something relly shocking: this technology doesn't cost any computing power. It doesn't require any more computations than the old method, meaning they could have done this from the start. What's more, this modification actually uses fewer polygons than the original. How many fewer? 124. For reference, the original Mario model uses 752 polygons, and that's a huge investment by SM64 standards. The whole castle model uses only a little bit more than that. 124 polygons is enough to add a whole area to a level, or to make the existing areas noticably less barren.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I always thought that was just Mario’s butt.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Okay I can understand wanting to remake Batman Doom since it wouldn't run on modern source ports but remaking the subject of the video is like trying to understand why Heart of Evil Napalm Edition exists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXjWuDOSi0

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Ariong posted:

Now at this point you might be thinking "well, big deal. Of course you can make Mario look better with modern technology." Then Kaze reveals something relly shocking: this technology doesn't cost any computing power. It doesn't require any more computations than the old method, meaning they could have done this from the start. What's more, this modification actually uses fewer polygons than the original. How many fewer? 124. For reference, the original Mario model uses 752 polygons, and that's a huge investment by SM64 standards. The whole castle model uses only a little bit more than that. 124 polygons is enough to add a whole area to a level, or to make the existing areas noticably less barren.

To be fair that sort of thing wasn't very common in GAMES specifically at the time. there are tons of games that use the sectioned method early in 3D because they didn't know how to animate with bones AND have deformations function, so you saw either vertex deform frames or this section method for a long time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah, nobody's coming at it from the angle of "how did they not think of this???" It's more like "wow, amazing that this could work in N64 hardware and it would actually make the game run better."

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think this is one of the optimizations Kaze did to make Super Mario Star Road run on real N64 hardware.

https://youtu.be/GQjn4nVJIJw

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blade & Sorcery is an easy access VR game about realistically stabbing other people. It's an incredible amount of fun, and there's tons of awesome mods to enhance your experience. Of course, someone had to go and ruin the fun by adding this: https://www.nexusmods.com/bladeandsorcery/mods/834

quote:

Adds children waves into the game, they have less health, are slower, smaller, and weigh less.

Adds 4 waves with children into Blade and Sorcery

The waves are: Child Ambush, Child Ambush Endless, Child 1v1, and Child 1v1 Endless

Child Ambush: Spawns in about 6 children, they have 10 health, your health is 4x your normal health (100)

Child Ambush Endless: Spawns in about 6 children, when all 6 are killed, another 6 come. As the title says, it is endless and only ends when you stop the wave. They have 10 health, your health is 4x.

Child 1v1: Spawns in a single child, after killing this child, another comes. This repeats a few times then the wave ends. They have 10 health, yours is 4x

Child 1v1 Endless: Spawns in a single child, after killing this child, another comes. This repeats indefinitely until the wave is stopped. Again, they have 10 health, yours is 4x.

*sigh*

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

Is that the one where the player initiates the mod with one of their custom followers, and Boone walks in and then just immediately turns around and leaves?

If anyone has a copy of thst video, post it, becaus I cant find it and it's the funniest loving thing in the world.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Blade & Sorcery is an easy access VR game about realistically stabbing other people. It's an incredible amount of fun, and there's tons of awesome mods to enhance your experience. Of course, someone had to go and ruin the fun by adding this: https://www.nexusmods.com/bladeandsorcery/mods/834

*sigh*
It's like someone took that 'how many four-year-olds could you fight' joke and decided "you know what, let's put it to the test."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which you could easily do with like, hobbits, TABS style.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqwbhoAp7Q

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/BoldlyBuilding2/status/1182862881735565312

Orv
May 4, 2011
Another piece for the Museum of Beautiful Horrors.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
https://youtu.be/bhYY_2zPMKM

The really good bit starts at 7:34 or so.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Angry Diplomat posted:

https://youtu.be/bhYY_2zPMKM

The really good bit starts at 7:34 or so.

This is incredible anyway but oh my god the music choice is just loving transcendental

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I personally still prefer the budgie smuggler and DMX.

I do appreciate a new youtuber to follow though!

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 18, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How... would you even know the pixel wizard is a gender?

Like they're a self propelled, unreasonably flammable robe.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Horny doesn't care.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

This was beautiful.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

OwlFancier posted:

How... would you even know the pixel wizard is a gender?

Like they're a self propelled, unreasonably flammable robe.

is "noita" a gendered word, and does it refer to the robe-wearer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's not, and it presumably does.