Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
With regards to your spoiler, I’m pretty sure that’s how it used to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm sure you now know that most reward cycles are AABC, with Arbitration and Disruption having their own cycles. Arbitrations being ABCC+ while Disruptions are performance dependant going from AAAB+ to BBCC+

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh hey, I got the Smoking Body Ephemera.

I've been told this is rare?

And now I need to get Ash Systems?

No, I don't think I will.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I wish ESO followed Arby loot rules. I want to finish this Braton V. :negative:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Cactus posted:

I was the guy that made everyone laugh in clan chat about a year or so ago because I admitted that I'd been removing all the mods every time I changed a weapon or warframe out, because I thought mods stayed on the equipment they were slotted to after it was removed.

A completely reasonable assumption, but still, :stonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only time that is actually the case is with Sentinel weapons clashing with your equipped weapons.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Inzombiac posted:

Oh hey, I got the Smoking Body Ephemera.

I've been told this is rare?

And now I need to get Ash Systems?

No, I don't think I will.

I have a feeling the droprate for the ephemera was chosen to be this low so you get your second Ash Systems (from random Manics) way before it

you just got unlucky :v:

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I was given (thanks again!) a Volt Prime by some friendly goons since Volt was my starter and I enjoy the play style.

Is this a good guide? Thinking about making the speed, ESO and Dolon builds.

https://warframe-school.com/volt-builds-guide/

I miss a lot of the mods but then I would know what to hunt for.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

milward posted:

I was given (thanks again!) a Volt Prime by some friendly goons since Volt was my starter and I enjoy the play style.

I'm not a Volt expert specifically, but anyone who tells you to equip Energy Siphon doesn't know what they're talking about and all their other advice should be considered suspect.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Always wear corpro.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

milward posted:

The guide is bad, but those build names are correct. You'll always use corpro, so that's your aura regardless. As for the rest, since I don't know what mods you have...

Speed: Power > Duration > Efficiency. One defensive slot, so probably Vitality if you don't have a huge mod catalog.
ESO: Max range, Fleeting Expertise or Streamline, then duration/power as preferred. No defensive slots. Like any max range ESO setup you really need Overextended.
Eidolon: Max Efficiency, enough Duration to make your shields last ~40ish seconds and the rest depends on your mods. You don't really need defensive slots. Natural Talent really helps with spamming shields.

There's a cool thing you can do with the new way augments are set up and Shock Trooper, where you can stack some power and then give everyone a bunch of bonus electricity damage which then further gets amped by each shield it goes through. I haven't messed around with it yet but it's probably really good when you get stuck with a low damage group.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I usually build my frames with two to four defensive mods (depending on whether they have armor or not). I'm guessing this is a bad idea? I always get killed within two seconds of any sort of sustained damage in high level content anyway.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

GANDHITRON posted:

I usually build my frames with two to four defensive mods (depending on whether they have armor or not). I'm guessing this is a bad idea? I always get killed within two seconds of any sort of sustained damage in high level content anyway.

Save up for a set of Arcane Guardian. It's useful on nearly every frame and makes you a lot more durable. Vitality + Arcane Guardian is all the tank I have on most caster frames.

Other than that, there's Adaptation and Parkour. Enemies can't kill you if they can't hit you, and you get a bonus to evasion while airborne.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

GANDHITRON posted:

It really depends on what you're running. If you're packing Rhino then sure, maximize his good qualities and be tanky as hell. It also helps that you can all but remove healing as a concern through arcanes.

I only mentioned it because in those three very highly situational things the space is limited. At speed you just need to worry about a couple of stray bullets or running over a fire patch, and Arcane Grace/Magus Repair/Magus Elevate will cover your rare critical health moments. With the ESO aoe build you're typically avoiding damage - either by hiding and zapping periodically or spinning around like a psycho (my preferred style) in between blasts. With Dolons... spoilers are required, but you spend almost the entire fight immune to damage anyway and your slots are better spent amplifying what you're good at.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

GANDHITRON posted:

One to two feels like the right number most of the time. A lot of them are either so tanky that they don't need more or so squishy that another mod is just turning that two seconds into three. Steel Fiber in particular is less powerful than it may seem: going from 300 to 630 armor is only about a 50% increase in effective health, and it plays poorly with bonuses to armor from frame powers or arcanes. Outside of the way Rhino's Iron Skin double-dips on armor, it's mostly the province of frames like Inaros that a mod slot to spare while being skippable on those those with middling-to-high armor values like Nezha, Saryn or Valkyr.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Mailer posted:

The guide is bad, but those build names are correct. You'll always use corpro, so that's your aura regardless. As for the rest, since I don't know what mods you have...

Speed: Power > Duration > Efficiency. One defensive slot, so probably Vitality if you don't have a huge mod catalog.
ESO: Max range, Fleeting Expertise or Streamline, then duration/power as preferred. No defensive slots. Like any max range ESO setup you really need Overextended.
Eidolon: Max Efficiency, enough Duration to make your shields last ~40ish seconds and the rest depends on your mods. You don't really need defensive slots. Natural Talent really helps with spamming shields.

There's a cool thing you can do with the new way augments are set up and Shock Trooper, where you can stack some power and then give everyone a bunch of bonus electricity damage which then further gets amped by each shield it goes through. I haven't messed around with it yet but it's probably really good when you get stuck with a low damage group.

Thanks for the advice, I don't have many fancy mods but now I have an idea what mods I need to get.

Should I go for the max builds here for ESO and Eidolon? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Maximization

milward fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 22, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

milward posted:

Should I go for the max builds here for ESO and Eidolon? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Maximization

That just tells you how you can max out your attributes. In the case of Efficiency and Range, yeah, those are the mods you're gonna use.

Really, though, with the exception of Range where you kind of have to have Overextended to clear maps, just use whatever you have. You can bring nothing but your shield to an eidolon fight and people will like you - no need to min/max it completely. Same for a speed build. Eventually you'll have all the mods and can forma the hell out of volt (needs 3-4, depending on if you want umbral intensify) but in the meantime just aim for the stat priorities with what you have and fill in the blanks with other stuff.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 22, 2019

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Is there a best practice for placing Eidolon shields as a volt?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

place it up their bum, shoot bum.

in other news.

Getting her set up and ready to sculpt a new helmet and details is stupid on khora because she's got all those loving spikes but it's done. I'm thinking of some nice bulky bulbous shapes all over. Hmmm, grineer or infested themed?

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 22, 2019

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

milward posted:

Practical builds for both: Onslaught & Eidolon Hunter.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I've never done a eidolon hunt. Would it be conceivable to do this week's nightwave challenge without a headset? I'm in the clan, but I usually play solo. I've been meaning to try to fight some of the raid bosses, but I feel like there's a big risk of my wasting everyone's time since I don't really have a way to communicate and I don't really know what I'm doing. I just have a 221 amp and a vague understanding of the eidolon's attacks.

Maybe I'll just log in now and pester the teralyst in solo mode, see how far I can get with that.

And thanks for the info, re:survivability mods. I thought I was probably doing something wrong, there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GANDHITRON posted:

I've never done a eidolon hunt. Would it be conceivable to do this week's nightwave challenge without a headset? I'm in the clan, but I usually play solo. I've been meaning to try to fight some of the raid bosses, but I feel like there's a big risk of my wasting everyone's time since I don't really have a way to communicate and I don't really know what I'm doing. I just have a 221 amp and a vague understanding of the eidolon's attacks.

Maybe I'll just log in now and pester the teralyst in solo mode, see how far I can get with that.

And thanks for the info, re:survivability mods. I thought I was probably doing something wrong, there.

I've only done the eidolon stuff with random people, and we've been successful around 50% of the time, with me being pretty useless. Almost never any talking.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Synthbuttrange posted:

place it up their bum, shoot bum.

in other news.

Getting her set up and ready to sculpt a new helmet and details is stupid on khora because she's got all those loving spikes but it's done. I'm thinking of some nice bulky bulbous shapes all over. Hmmm, grineer or infested themed?

I am biased towards infested.

Do you have a link to a good guide or dummy's intro to tennogen? People really liked this one concept I drew and are asking me to try it but oh gosh I've never done any 3d work before.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hmmm, grineer or infested themed?

Personally always down for some Infestation.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

GANDHITRON posted:

You don't have either of the crit braces but you have the right scaffold so meh. A decent sniper (Lanka/RubicoP/VectisP) modded for rad damage is also required. Really just knowing the basics and having a good rifle and amp is like 90% of the battle. Go watch a video if you need the visualization but there really isn't much to it and you'll learn pretty quick. The eidolons are all basically the same just with more flashy crap that spawns all over and kills you. Jump on Discord about ten minutes or so before night and ask for a runthrough or just queue in Cetus.

All the optimized stuff for turbofarming with a premade group (ie, the poo poo you see in videos) is waaaaaay outside what is actually required.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
If you get in a tryhard group you won't get much of a sense of what's happening. It's just pow-pow-pow because everybody is minmaxed to pop the dolons in about a minute or two each. So, if you just want the Nightwave, ask for a carry.

If you want to learn it, you can try fighting the Teralyst solo - just bring a good radiation gun and use shattering impact on a melee weapon so you can knock it's armor down (I think you hit it 30-something times to knock almost all it's armor down - don't do it in a group, you need some armor to get a radiation bonus) I did this a few times 'cause I don't like being in a group when I have no idea what's happening. I've solo'd the first two, but haven't got the speed down to do three. Also realize night only last 50 minutes. Takes about 12-15 minutes for me to kill Terry. In a good group it takes about 2 minutes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GenericOverusedName posted:

I am biased towards infested.

Do you have a link to a good guide or dummy's intro to tennogen? People really liked this one concept I drew and are asking me to try it but oh gosh I've never done any 3d work before.

Without any 3d skills you'd have to learn pretty much everything. Modelling, sculpting, texturing, proper exporting etc.

https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php is a start but that just covers the very very basic technical requirements.

might also do an accompanying chest piece because it looks like they're opening up chest armors for tennogen submissions. I probably wont make the submission date for the current roundin 3 days, will aim for something really polished for the release after that.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 22, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

The only time that is actually the case is with Sentinel weapons clashing with your equipped weapons.

Thankfully now the UI will tell you if you got mods on Sentinel weapons

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

What's the most convenient way to swap for syndicate weapons?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

milward posted:

this is my nuke build

if you dont have arcane energize i would use a lower level blind rage otherwise energy will be tough. ill try to remember to post my other 2 builds later.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

GANDHITRON posted:

No frame ever needs more than two defensive mods, the opportunity cost is just too high. Focus on developing good movement habits (always be rolling, always be in the air) and, if that's still not enough, arcanes will fill in the rest much more efficiently.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

StashAugustine posted:

What's the most convenient way to swap for syndicate weapons?

Just ask in clan chat, there's usually at least one person around who's maxed on syndicate rep. Usually you just want to trade something you need for something they need.

Also, literally Shawzin Hero.
https://twitter.com/PabloPoon/status/1164574195466080256

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

njsykora posted:

Also, literally Shawzin Hero.

The long-term Dev planning meetings must be loving insane. I mean, we now have fishing, mining, a street fighter mode, a programmable music box you can kill dudes with, and now a guitar hero mode. Spaceship battles are coming in too.

I mean, what the hell was nixed in those meetings?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dating sims?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh god the Clem cleft scale at the end

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

but only with the Human Frames by Karu

https://twitter.com/tbgkaru/status/1032306802300469249

(dibs on Rhino :sweatdrop:)

edit oh I see he gave him some injuries, the previous version was unhurt, you know since Iron Skin

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I refuse to believe this isn't in the works somewhere. Even the Endless games did a dating sim.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

StashAugustine posted:

What's the most convenient way to swap for syndicate
Your chance rises dramatically for any syndicate stuff in general if you explicitly say something like "need a [linked thingy] from <syndicate>, can trade for something from <syndicate names here>", as opposed to just throwing out a name and making literally everyone who'd be willing to help you out search through all their syndicates stores.

Goes for any request in general, since linking something lets everyone just click to instantly confirm they have any/spares instead of having to tediously search their inventories.

Sidenote: if theres an unvault (especially with void-only relics) people sometimes blow all their standing on the relic packs, so syndicate trades/gifts usually slow down noticeably.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 22, 2019

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please let me date saryn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Vauhban or whatever has a dark horny energy