Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dark Knight Annette with Thyrsus is very good

tbf you'd have to work very hard to find a mage who is bad with Thyrsus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm halfway through my second playthrough on hard and haven't used Annette to rally once. I just have her kill things. am I doing something wrong

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

indigi posted:

I'm halfway through my second playthrough on hard and haven't used Annette to rally once. I just have her kill things. am I doing something wrong

Kinda yeah. Rally Strength and Speed at C+ Authority is badass. Oh and Resistance too, I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

Kinda yeah. Rally Strength and Speed at C+ Authority is badass. Oh and Resistance too, I guess.

It's a shame she can't get Rally def anywhere because it'd be perfect

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
but why should she rally someone to kill something when she can just kill it herself

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

indigi posted:

but why should she rally someone to kill something when she can just kill it herself

There are plenty of times where rallying someone else is a better idea. For example, maybe there are some physical units in range that would kill her on the enemy turn and you'd rather send a buffed up Dedue to do it or the target is caster with high RES.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

It's a shame she can't get Rally def anywhere because it'd be perfect

This makes her Dedue's best friend. He waits, she rallies, the enemies all die on their phase.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

indigi posted:

Are you playing on Normal?
I was and I killed everything in one hit, Rally was useless.

Might be useful on hard, who knows.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
So far on BL hard Annette dual rallying strength and speed has made the difference in allowing some more RNG screwed units to actually one round or two round enemies

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My wife keeps calling Hubert “Snape” and I guess I’m not far enough to know if that’s a good comparison or not but I also know that I am going to make him the darkest mage so he probably isn’t secretly good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hellioning posted:

He knows exactly what the rumors say and refuses to even consider it.

The dialogue options are pretty lackluster and meaningless usually but in the paralogue with Raphael and Ignatz where Raphael gets mad and tells everyone he doesn't give a poo poo how his parents die what matters is they did and he needs to take care of his sister, and your two responses to Ignatz after are "Raphael's a good kid" or "Raphael's a good man" are pretty good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

first popularity poll, note that its from a magazine and not any kind of hard data, just that magazine's readers (who I think trend 20-40ish female?)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The only thing that really surprises me is Ingrid being at 7, but it probably makes sense with the Blue Lions lean.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Andrast posted:

tbf you'd have to work very hard to find a mage who is bad with Thyrsus

Dorothea, because she'll take like 30% of her HP in damage every turn she holds it.

Of course you can just give her Caduceus instead or just say "gently caress it, she has Meteor, does she even need more range" so she still rules.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

The only thing that really surprises me is Ingrid being at 7, but it probably makes sense with the Blue Lions lean.

With Sylvain being in the top 10 too and Dimitri being number 1 a lot of it is probably Ingrid/Sylvain or Ingrid/Dimitri shipping

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

With Sylvain being in the top 10 too and Dimitri being number 1 a lot of it is probably Ingrid/Sylvain or Ingrid/Dimitri shipping

There was some talk of that poll earlier in the thread. The magazine/whatever readership is like 60% female so the Dimitri and Sylvain things are very understandable.

Tae posted:

For context, Nintendo Dreams poll requires knowing the following:

1) The demographic skews 60/40 for females
2) Over 50% didn't finish the game
3) So by definition, a majority picked Blue Lions which explains the after-playing poll numbers

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

Dorothea, because she'll take like 30% of her HP in damage every turn she holds it.

Of course you can just give her Caduceus instead or just say "gently caress it, she has Meteor, does she even need more range" so she still rules.

I read some big brain strat of giving her Defiant Magic and letting her dish out 1-5 and 3-12 range spells since apparently you can’t actually die from Relic HP loss?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

I fixed that in NG+ by giving her one of those crest emulation items

She deserves to use Thyrsus imo

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Says at the top. 63.9% female, 31.7% male. 59.6% of respondents were within 20-29 years old.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

I read some big brain strat of giving her Defiant Magic and letting her dish out 1-5 and 3-12 range spells since apparently you can’t actually die from Relic HP loss?

That sounds pretty fun. I don't have Thyrsus this run but maybe I'll try that when I do my eventual Golden Deer Lunatic run.

Sorry, Dorothea, I need you to make a blood sacrifice to this relic so you can drop slightly bigger meteors on my foes

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Rather than arguing about Edelgard's morality, I think people should be fighting to the death over whether or not to pronounce her name with a "t" sound at the end, like in German and the original Nihongo.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Edelgart is also a valid variant of the name in German, but it's pronounced differently from Edelgard. Because a D is not a T.
(though they sound pretty similar)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Edelgart tit nothing wrong

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

On NG+ you can just give Dorothea a Crest and really go wild

In fact, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do later

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, that's probably what I would've done if I had Thyrsus on this BL run, but I didn't recruit Lorenz so :shrug:

I just have Annette using Caduceus and Dorothea has a normal magic staff and is using Thoron and Meteor for her range needs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that's probably what I would've done if I had Thyrsus on this BL run, but I didn't recruit Lorenz so :shrug:

I just have Annette using Caduceus and Dorothea has a normal magic staff and is using Thoron and Meteor for her range needs.

You recruit lorenz just to get Thyrsus

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

The goal in NG+ should always be to make a few units that are not what you expect. Dark Knight Bernie with Thyrsus is gonna be so much fun, and I can't wait to make her my traveler just to show off her spiky edge armour.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Church route is kinda weird tbh

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Jade Mage posted:

The goal in NG+ should always be to make a few units that are not what you expect. Dark Knight Bernie with Thyrsus is gonna be so much fun, and I can't wait to make her my traveler just to show off her spiky edge armour.

She does appear to like hedgehogs...

... We can all probably guess why :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Church route is kinda weird tbh

I feel like my Church run is just going to devolve into another Edelgard run when the choice comes

The church is just so lame

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Andrast posted:

I feel like my Church run is just going to devolve into another Edelgard run when the choice comes

The church is just so lame

In general it was a real disappointment coming off blue lions, still fun tho

gently caress Rhea tho lmao

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

If I had to do all those maps again I’d rather do it with my cool buddy Claude rather than with the viscerally creepy dragon pope

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Someone give me tips for Edelgard route's final map. There's just too many flier reinforcements and Bernie/Petra can't kill everything!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Someone give me tips for Edelgard route's final map. There's just too many flier reinforcements and Bernie/Petra can't kill everything!!

Use the rest of your units too

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

If I had to do all those maps again I’d rather do it with my cool buddy Claude rather than with the viscerally creepy dragon pope

Church route isn't Rhea, it's Seteth. But it's in his official capacity, not his private capacity...

Actually having playable, conversable, Rhea (with supports other than the creepy one with Byleth) would probably be pretty interesting, though.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Tired Moritz posted:

Right and left sides for the most part won't pick a fight if you don't, so just put your fast units on the right side at the start, break the little gap piece, and funnel all units down the middle? That's what I did, but I was playing flier emblem with 5-6 wyvern lords

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

going with Golden Deer first run was the right choice, Claude is basically just another dude playing the same game and going "lol at this religious quackery I just wanna live off the land and get paid" he's a real one for sure

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Taear posted:

Personally I wouldn't recommend playing the others - at least for me they're not similar enough (and are too hard). Plus they're all handheld.

Too hard? Awakening is pretty easy, I would recommend playing that.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Church route isn't Rhea, it's Seteth. But it's in his official capacity, not his private capacity...

Actually having playable, conversable, Rhea (with supports other than the creepy one with Byleth) would probably be pretty interesting, though.

Oh huh. At least Seteth is decently cool as a character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Go the leftmost path. Few enemies and as wide a battlefield as you're going to get without a bunch of people bearing down on your flanks.