Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
left-wing Hitler

https://twitter.com/reaganbattalion/status/1163935725152288768?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
stalin did nothing wrong

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

Another thread full of normal, rational people

https://twitter.com/denisecp87/status/1164257774861074432

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Some takes too spicy for the original poster's blood as of late, it seems.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

I hope someone got a screenshot because this was amazing

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol that was up for 2 days before making enough noise he deleted it

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Peanut Butler posted:

lol that's a teen polisci student whose bio says he is both a "Marxian" and a "Lib Dem"

kind of a normal take for that clade, tbh, but no less spicy on the palate anyway
That's not actually contradictory. Marxian refers to the his economic analysis, not any political projects associated with him. In this case, probably someone who would use Marxism as a blueprint for more successfully exploiting people.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

way ahead of you lmao

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1164571205120253952?s=20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol owned

https://twitter.com/armandodkos/status/1164616624642633728

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, God kept insisting that he’s the only king that Israel would ever need, and that a temporal monarch is just a path to tyranny. Then the Israelites were like “but we waaant oneuh.

that’s what the whole book of Judges was about. the tribes ruled themselves and the judges were like hetmen. once you get into the era of kings, they keep loving it up because if the monarch becomes wicked then it poisons the whole country and God turns his back on them.

The king who is described by God as “a man after my own heart”, David, sends a man to the front lines so that he dies in combat and David can bang his widow.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

lol in what reality did the media not obsessively cover the imagined “left-wing antisemitism” of Ilhan Omar (and to a lesser extent Tlaib)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
David is weird in that I’m not sure what they where going for with his story. He is supposed to be a good guy and I guess have a redemption arc but he constantly fucks up and never really does anything good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Platystemon posted:

The king who is described by God as “a man after my own heart”, David, sends a man to the front lines so that he dies in combat and David can bang his widow.

Yeah, but in response God sends a prophet who tricks David into agreeing that he should be killed for what he did and then the kid he had with the widow gets sick and dies. And then one of his sons wants to gently caress a half-sister so he kills another one of David’s sons and anyway long story short David gets owned pretty hard for the next several chapters.

christmas boots has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Aug 22, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I’m dancing in the street in my Bernie hat

loving owned you little poo poo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He blocked me so I can't find it, but remember the "How is Nina Turner not fired tomorrow" tweet he made yesterday? Good stuff.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

David is weird in that I’m not sure what they where going for with his story. He is supposed to be a good guy and I guess have a redemption arc but he constantly fucks up and never really does anything good

IMO the hagiography for David comes purely from him transforming Israel into a Levantine empire, and all the times he hosed up as a moral actor is just water under the bridge. Or at least that's just this goon's opinion.

Anyway, the Bible and all the texts that comprise it can't be thematically consistent because they were written in different times, by different authors, and all of those authors were men with their own agendas and unreliable accounts.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 21:50 on Aug 22, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, but in response God sends a prophet who tricks David into agreeing that he should be killed for what he did

And the trick is that he makes a livestock analogy.

Premeditated murder: I sleep.

Sheep theft: real poo poo.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

christmas boots posted:

That’s not even true either. According to the Old Testament, Israel had to beg God to let them have a king because Philistine’s god let them have a king and if we’re the only ones who don’t have one the other tribes are going to make fun of us and He begrudgingly gives in like an overworked parent who’s tired of fighting and figures that if He takes them to McDonalds they’ll at least shut up for a few minutes.

you made the common mistake of thinking these people actually have any interest in what the bible says

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Platystemon posted:

And the trick is that he makes a livestock analogy.

Premeditated murder: I sleep.

Sheep theft: real poo poo.

Yeah it's wild how much of the old testament is just a reflection of the values any seminomadic pastoralists would have, and we're supposed to believe it's all the inerrant word of God.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!
american evangelical christians do a lot of bible study, right??? so what do they do, read passages and try to hammer them into a shape that fits their bigotry????

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

american evangelical christians do a lot of bible study, right??? so what do they do, read passages and try to hammer them into a shape that fits their bigotry????

well as someone with a background in a relatively liberal church, "bible study" is just when you read passages as a group and then you're led to interpret them according to the prevailing mores of the church.

in other words the Catholics were right, and Martin Luther was a mistake.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Al! posted:

as someone who grew up southern baptist, they do this with literally any information they receive, the Bible just gets a little more consideration for being literally true as it is the word of god

also anything that disagrees is possibly literally the devil trying to trick you

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Bolsanaro can’t be behind the Amazon fires.

He considers the Amazon too ugly to rape.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1164617872393560064?s=19

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
michael tracey's job, if you could call it that, hinges upon his ability to provoke outrage

his first book's gonna have a foreword written by ann coulter

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

uh what left wing violence

that guy who shot Scalise or that anarchist who tried to firebomb ICE?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

StashAugustine posted:

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ferric242/status/1164869840802373638

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/spikedonline/status/1164870059698937857

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If Brazilians want to choke on smoke and ash then that's their right.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

if people were allowed to cheer for Bin Laden's death then David Koch should be fair game

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MayorofLondon/status/1164809314000723968

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A reminder that Brendan O'Neill used to be a revolutionary communist party member

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jose posted:

A reminder that Brendan O'Neill used to be a revolutionary communist party member

Trot-to-neocon pipeline at work?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

yeah pretty much

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The RCPs may have a paper, but I'm pretty sure they cannot be called Trotskyist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Mr. Lobe posted:

The RCPs may have a paper, but I'm pretty sure they cannot be called Trotskyist

You can call them trots all you want. It's probably pretty funny to watch their reactions!