Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

L'Equipe reported that PSG rejected a bid of 100m plus Bale, James and Navas from Real Madrid for Neymar.

This has been disputed elsewhere and now Guillem Balague is saying their bid will include money, Navas, another unnamed player and Luka Jovic. The same Luka Jovic they signed 2 months ago for 60m.

Madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Homura posted:

Is Barca panic buying Coutinho and Dembele with the Neymar money in the same league as Liverpool spending the Torres money on Carroll and Suarez?

Considering Suarez is arguably Liverpool's most talented player ever, was considerably better than Torres and nearly dragged them to the league title, I don't see how these two are even comparable

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Suarez was/is brilliant but between the biting and the racial slurs I was very happy to see him go, and for a good sum.

That said the return on that money was pretty lovely

Lallana
Lovren
Markovic
Balotelli
Moreno
Origi
Can

That is a mixed bag if ever there was one

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Raffles posted:

L'Equipe reported that PSG rejected a bid of 100m plus Bale, James and Navas from Real Madrid for Neymar.

This has been disputed elsewhere and now Guillem Balague is saying their bid will include money, Navas, another unnamed player and Luka Jovic. The same Luka Jovic they signed 2 months ago for 60m.

Madness.

It’s like the end of monopoly when you’ve ran out of patience wtf

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

bewbies posted:

Suarez was/is brilliant but between the biting and the racial slurs I was very happy to see him go, and for a good sum.

That said the return on that money was pretty lovely

Lallana
Lovren
Markovic
Balotelli
Moreno
Origi
Can

That is a mixed bag if ever there was one

Wouldn't a mixed bag have to have some successes in rather than a spectrum of underwhelming to poo poo?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sebzilla posted:

Wouldn't a mixed bag have to have some successes in rather than a spectrum of underwhelming to poo poo?

I see someone's never bought Haribo mixed bags.

On actual transfer news apparently Sanchez has rejected the move to Inter as he would've had to taken a paycut and instead wants to sit in the reserves while making all the money.

United, on the other hand, don't seem to give a fuuuuuck about him anymore: he was given permission to miss training to visit the US embassy in London.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Der Shovel posted:

I see someone's never bought Haribo mixed bags.

On actual transfer news apparently Sanchez has rejected the move to Inter as he would've had to taken a paycut and instead wants to sit in the reserves while making all the money.

United, on the other hand, don't seem to give a fuuuuuck about him anymore: he was given permission to miss training to visit the US embassy in London.

Phwoar, I was worried that they were actually gonna get him. I honestly think him and Lukaku would've done pretty well together with Conte setting them up right.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

It’s like the end of monopoly when you’ve ran out of patience wtf

New thread title please

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Phwoar, I was worried that they were actually gonna get him. I honestly think him and Lukaku would've done pretty well together with Conte setting them up right.
Plus we've now got a contender for the current generations Winston Bogarde.

The Sanchez transfer is so funny. Its worth remembering that Man Utd popped up out of nowhere to fight Man City to get him, and in retrospect it looks like they did them a favour.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

sanchez is done

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RBairner/status/1164636385183244288

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

sanchez is done

I don't watch Serie A but if pace of play is slower, he might be worth something if you get him at a huge discount, which it seems United is willing to do. He was still capable of making incisive passes, I dunno.

poo poo, didn't Gervinho do well there?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

I don't watch Serie A but if pace of play is slower, he might be worth something if you get him at a huge discount, which it seems United is willing to do. He was still capable of making incisive passes, I dunno.

Yes, including his return to the league last season. He still has tons of pace though, which is part of why he's still effective, not sure the same can be said about Alexis.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

What is Bayern doing?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Yes, including his return to the league last season. He still has tons of pace though, which is part of why he's still effective, not sure the same can be said about Alexis.

Alexis’s legs are totally gone and he’s the only one who hasn’t realized that yet.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

Alexis was basically completely reliant on quickness and he’s absolutely useless if his legs have gone.

Gervinho on the other hand is an absolutely fantastic player except that he has a complete and total mental breakdown when he gets into a dangerous position.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

Alexis was basically completely reliant on quickness and he’s absolutely useless if his legs have gone.

Gervinho on the other hand is an absolutely fantastic player except that he has a complete and total mental breakdown when he gets into a dangerous position.

not anymore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrgfP866Bw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQizCKvckFA

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ungratek posted:

What is Bayern doing?

Selling an average player?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

They’re lucky he ended up average. Remember how bad he was in England?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

They’re lucky he ended up average. Remember how bad he was in England?

I do. He was even worse in Wales.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I dunno, he seems ok and Bayern are selling young players and loaning Perisic. Just a weird window

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ungratek posted:

I dunno, he seems ok and Bayern are selling young players and loaning Perisic. Just a weird window

It’s a loan in name only for Perisic; Inter won’t be taking him back. It is odd I guess.

sassassin posted:

I do. He was even worse in Wales.

Lol

I didn’t say bad because I didn’t honestly see enough of him to know.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ungratek posted:

Renato Sanches seems to take every other season off. He was a star for Portugal at Euro2016, starting in the final when he was 19. He then went to Bayern and was awful, got loaned to Swansea and was awful, and had a pretty good season with Bayern this past season. He’s won like 8 major trophies in his career, is 22, and no one can figure out if he’s a good footballer.

Someone post the video of him passing the ball directly to an ad board when he was with Swansea.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://youtu.be/8oWQYFqW67k

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Monaco seems to enjoy this working relationship with Leicester and might be taking Silva back for another loan spell.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

To be fair that’s a reasonable spot for a player to be and that signage’s coloration was some bullshit

He put it right at the feet of the red blurb

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

To be fair that’s a reasonable spot for a player to be and that signage’s coloration was some bullshit

He put it right at the feet of the red blurb

That mobility and first touch is reminiscent of Lukaku last season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1164841922139185153

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Emery to Mustafi and Elneny: :frogout:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/22/arsenal-unai-emery-shkodran-mustafi-mohamed-elneny-european-transfer-window

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

its not going to happen, not even the most desperate chinese team is going to pick up mustafi

late in the season, when injuries take their toll, luiz and mustafi is going to happen when it matters most

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Eau de MacGowan posted:

its not going to happen, not even the most desperate chinese team is going to pick up mustafi

okay but what about milan?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

late in the season, when injuries take their toll, luiz and mustafi is going to happen when it matters most

I hope they stay forever.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Shrapnig posted:

Renato Sanches seems to take every other season off. He was a star for Portugal at Euro2016, starting in the final when he was 19. He then went to Bayern and was awful, got loaned to Swansea and was awful, and had a pretty good season with Bayern this past season. He’s won like 8 major trophies in his career, is 22, and no one can figure out if he’s a good footballer.

Someone post the video of him passing the ball directly to an ad board when he was with Swansea.

He left Benfica when he was 19, going to a team that everyone saw was a bad fit for him, and had no support network.

He'll never be a world beater but theres a good player there.
Come back to Benfica Renato, we'll rebuild you(and then sell you again after a season for a stupid amount to a Mendes team)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

greazeball posted:

That mobility and first touch is reminiscent of Lukaku last season

Are you talking about another example?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Emery is gonna push Mustafi into an open train car. Let him go wherever the tracks lead.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Big Huski Boi posted:

Emery is gonna push Mustafi into an open train car. Let him go wherever the tracks lead.

:eyepop: Pushing a German minority into an open train car

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sticksy posted:

:eyepop: Pushing a German minority into an open train car

I was imagining the episode in the Office where Michael tries to escape his debts but yeah in hindsight that's an incredibly ill advised post made by me, a stupid person

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/1166384771628507138

I guess this still might happen

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I mean what the hell are PSG going to do if they can't get him out the door after all the bs happening with his kit being pulled, etc?

They kind of have to the way I see it, it'll be very awkward having to put him back in the team otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
European champion, João Mário on loan to Lokomotiv Moskva is a done deal