Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
new release of powershell has opt out only telemetry. drat Microsoft loves their telemetry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they did that with office in the last monthly release too

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

rear end posted:

I mean Minecraft has always been multiplatform, so I don't know if that's a very good example.

microsoft released minecraft on vita after sony had abandoned the platform themselves

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

infernal machines posted:

they did that with office in the last monthly release too

drat are they trying to compete with google for who can receive the most constant data from every computer?

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
google does it to build ad profiles. microsoft does it because it's cheaper than paying testers.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Fiedler posted:

google does it to build ad profiles. microsoft does it because it's cheaper than paying testers.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
beta tested in the future

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
a deceptively honest ad

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

was that actually a real ad they put up. ie not a photoshop?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

was that actually a real ad they put up. ie not a photoshop?

it's kinda hard to tell, there appears to be only that one photo of it, and a bunch of people claiming it's a shop, but no confirmation either way. the photo itself was posted on reddit originally by the looks of it

https://imgur.com/1iu0KEM

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

love in windows search every time you click a column header to sort it restarts the search, thanks michaelsoft

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGeWNR8CWnA

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

2019 microsoft thinks it's 2002 apple.

and honestly it might not even be wrong considering how poo poo tim cook is

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

billg's microsoft is dead.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

quote:

And that’s what we did: 150 interns and employees came in on mornings, weekends, and nights to create this outside of (and in addition to) their day jobs.

lmao I can't take this

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noEHHB6rnMI&t=420s

Old Microsoft did it better

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

orange sky posted:

lmao I can't take this

gently caress that bullshit so much

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I will say that Edge makes a v.deece PDF viewer. Better than Sumatra, even.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you mean chrome?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it is poop from a butt. it fucks up rendering forms so badly it's ridiculous. PDF has one loving job, and edge cannot accomplish it

this wouldn't matter, but windows likes to decide at random that what you actually want is your pdf defaults reset to edge. at which point people whose jobs involve working with PDFs from the bank or the government start getting cranky because their poo poo is all broken, for no loving reason.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the sooner microsoft nukes the last vestiges of edge and jams chromium in its place, the better.

at least then when their bullshit decides to reset app preferences there's a chance things will still work to some degree

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

I prefer to refer to it as chromium slash edge

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
ENC (Edge is Not Chrome)

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

edgium is the preferred nomenclature

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Nah, it's Chredge.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
chredgium

mystes
May 31, 2006

Way to be a chredgelord.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its called edgy chrome like my bespoke 2019 cyberpunk treatise

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anyone made an edging joke yet? ive been working on one for the past 3 hours

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

can't wait to see it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its gonna be so good when i finally post it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Krankenstyle posted:

its gonna be so good when i finally post it

heh

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

it is poop from a butt. it fucks up rendering forms so badly it's ridiculous. PDF has one loving job, and edge cannot accomplish it

this wouldn't matter, but windows likes to decide at random that what you actually want is your pdf defaults reset to edge. at which point people whose jobs involve working with PDFs from the bank or the government start getting cranky because their poo poo is all broken, for no loving reason.

there's a debloat script on GitHub that will take care of that for you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, i could royally gently caress up my install by trying to hack out windows components, by intentionally breaking system registry keys.

good call.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

"yes i will trust a script made by a turbonerd that has an app on his desktop tracking ram by the kilobite to streamline my operating system"

Windows 10 Crystal Edition

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yes, i could royally gently caress up my install by trying to hack out windows components, by intentionally breaking system registry keys.

good call.
but those scripts are necessary since i have to reinstall windows every couple of months due to the same updates all breaking :confused:

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

oh cool august rollup did something to search that causes the cpu to be maxed out for the rare and totally unheard of fringe use case of not sending local searches to loving bing
if only there was some way of searching one's own computer without using the internet but alas, such technology is impossible.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bing up your rear end

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i can't make it past the intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP