Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I said come in! posted:

This weekend I want to make it a point to play Pilotwings 64.

I tried to play this game back in like 2001 and thought "yeesh has this aged poorly" so I wonder what you would experience playing Pilotwings on an honest-to-god Nintendo 64 in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SSX On Tour was better than Tricky.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I tried to play this game back in like 2001 and thought "yeesh has this aged poorly" so I wonder what you would experience playing Pilotwings on an honest-to-god Nintendo 64 in 2019.

I will give you a trip report. I have never played this game before, and I can't imagine my interest is going to last long.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND whatever you know the meme fill in the rest with whatever you think would be funniest

eh... that's more of a hot tape

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/940910/Minoria/

Momodora spiritual sequel comes out in 4 days

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think it's been a couple years since I have brought up how much I wish Muramasa: The Demon Blade was available on modern consoles, and PC.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm really excited for Planet Zoo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

Just want more unique animals. The only animals available are your very typical zoo variety. At least give me red pandas.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if it's been long enough that there is now room in my heart for another souls-like and I should play Sekiro or Nioh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

exquisite tea posted:

If you think that's rough try the SNES pilotwings

mode7 for daysssss

n64 pilotwings is kinda charming to me in how chill and laid back it is.

njsykora posted:

SSX On Tour was better than Tricky.

You shut your mouth!

Nah that's a valid stance I just highly disagree

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wonder if it's been long enough that there is now room in my heart for another souls-like and I should play Sekiro or Nioh

Sekiro is souls with better combat and no co-op.
Nioh is Ninja Gaiden with souls bonfires, co-op, and Diablo loot.

Sekiro is the better game by far IMO, but they're both good and fun and very different in design.
Sekiro is more about minimalism, you get ONE sword and you loving master how to use it.
Nioh is more "kitchen sink" where you get 5 weapon types and 5,000 different weapons of each and you can min/max stats and junk.

You should def play both of them!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kerrzhe posted:

Yeah, I would love more competent Zoo Tycoon clones; Megaquarium was fun but I want more.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It looks like Sekiro has mods where you can play as 2B and Lady Maria so I think we have a clear winner for your time here.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

It looks like Sekiro has mods where you can play as 2B and Lady Maria so I think we have a clear winner for your time here.

On my way to work I pass by a bridal shop called WED2B

someday........

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rita repulsa but it's final fantasy chat: ahhhh!! after 3 pages i'm free !!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oddium posted:

I tried to talk about Dead Rising 4 instead but no one cared, which is about right

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I wanted to talk about how Monster Rancher 1 is getting a Switch/Phone port where their solution to the CD monster raising is to have their own database of CDs that you can search through to see what you get, and also they're taking a survey to decide what monsters should come from the CDs that came out since the game did.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Phantasium posted:

did everyone just wake up on the hot take side of the bed this morning

Watching and supporting the sport of football is unethical given the medical statistics we have been learning over the past several years, nevermind the other ways the NFL sucks rear end.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d like to talk about this month’s GotM, Final Fantasy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I am legit glad someone liked the surge, since I felt like it completely missed the point of souls and doubled down on being hard as an identity

Being a mech guy and taking enemy parts is a sick idea though and I'm interested in how the surge 2 turns out

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

mutata posted:

Watching and supporting the sport of football is unethical given the medical statistics we have been learning over the past several years, nevermind the other ways the NFL sucks rear end.

Uh-huh.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I learned to do hot takes from Stephen A Smith I will never stop hot taking.

You must come train with Sensei Bayless, who uses the dark hadoodoo for hot takes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6rZzwrieU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

RBA Starblade posted:

I tried to talk about Dead Rising 4 instead but no one cared, which is about right

Somehow I have both Dead Rising 3 and 4 but haven't played them. Are either of them any good? I've started DR3 a few times but it feels so far from the first 2 that I just quit playing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

when i got an xbox one dr3 was on sale with that dlc that gives you the goofy capcom costumes and abilities and i pretty much loaded it up once to find out nina would take forever to get to and then never played it again

i think i also briefly played a demo for the short dr2 side game thing...?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jolo posted:

Somehow I have both Dead Rising 3 and 4 but haven't played them. Are either of them any good? I've started DR3 a few times but it feels so far from the first 2 that I just quit playing.

3 literally ran at 2fps on my computer with one zombie on screen for some reason so no idea I refunded it instantly, 4 is mechanically pretty ok though not very DRish. I played the capcom heroes mode more than the regular one though which turned it into Dynasty Warriors a bit. The game falls over by the last case though and the ending is cut entirely unless you have Frank's Big Package (lol)

For all the complaints people had about it (and it is poo poo they didn't even ask Rotolo) the new va for Frank does a good job for the most part, it's the writing that's a wreck.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Phantasium posted:

when i got an xbox one dr3 was on sale with that dlc that gives you the goofy capcom costumes and abilities and i pretty much loaded it up once to find out nina would take forever to get to and then never played it again

i think i also briefly played a demo for the short dr2 side game thing...?

The Dead Rising 2 Prologue thingy was fun too. I don't remember if it was free... I think it was like $5.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jolo posted:

The Dead Rising 2 Prologue thingy was fun too. I don't remember if it was free... I think it was like $5.

I wish Case Zero was included with the DR2 remaster on Steam, it was a fun little version of the full game. Case West is on there oddly enough so they just didn't feel like doing it for some reason.

It's still a shame Capcom Vancouver bit the dust.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

3 literally ran at 2fps on my computer with one zombie on screen for some reason so no idea I refunded it instantly, 4 is mechanically pretty ok though not very DRish. I played the capcom heroes mode more than the regular one though which turned it into Dynasty Warriors a bit. The game falls over by the last case though and the ending is cut entirely unless you have Frank's Big Package (lol)

For all the complaints people had about it (and it is poo poo they didn't even ask Rotolo) the new va for Frank does a good job for the most part, it's the writing that's a wreck.

Oh yeah, that's why I didn't play DR3 after buying it. Literally couldn't get it running ok on my old computer even with everything cranked down.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Rust has been a lot of fun, and the in-game chat is a comedy goldmine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Blasphemy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My ffxiv raid group has a character named god and a character named devil in it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Name yourself neutrality of man and take over the guild

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I just got around to installing an NVMe M.2 SSD in my PC and I feel like a dumbdumb for ignoring this tech for awhile. I remember a few years ago hearing it was coming, and I guess I got busy and ignored it.

Load times just don't even exist.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

I'm here to talk about games i like and you're not gonna stop me!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

cheetah7071 posted:

In Warframe I once teamed up with two friends named FIR3MAN and IC3MAN who played with Nezha and Frost.

I also saw a Viera named Safe Word after Shadowbringers came out but that's an entirely different issue.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
For now at least viera did draw in most of the gross players

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I will give you a trip report. I have never played this game before, and I can't imagine my interest is going to last long.

if you can get past the clunkiness of early n64 controls, it's a cool and very chill game. i recommend roaming around in any of the vehicles with cameras and just zoning out. at the very least, please visit mt rushmore in the little states map and shoot missiles at it with the gyrocopter

also please report back with your character choice

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How do I play a Viera but let everyone know I'm not a creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

How do I play a Viera but let everyone know I'm not a creep

Name your character NotACreep