Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Before this LP, I had never touched a Fire Emblem game. After this LP, I vowed never to play a Fire Emblem game. It took a full month of praise and watching the first chapter of 3H to overcome the taint that is Fates--a game I haven't even played. I bought 3H on Friday and have 20 hours in it already.

Anyway, y'all are doing God's(?) work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
yeah there are good fire emblem games

this is pretty much the nadir of fire emblem games

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frog: new video
Ep 56 - Paralogue 9 - Saizo vs. Saizo

unparalleled slappyface, expresso, kinshi flips, more timehole questions, subpar saizo

dvacs audo desyned a bit somehow but im not fixing it

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
And we have another blatant Awakening character. A side effect of the time-hole, perhaps?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Jakob saying his kid would spend the rest of his days in the time hole is pretty messed up, since a year or two in the time hole might be enough for Dwyer to grow into a grandpa. It's a shame the time holes are so tacked on in Fates because it could lead to interesting plot beats or character drama all on its own.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Dwyer’s best weapon ought to reference civet coffee, imo

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but this game would be better without the Temporal Plot Holes (and thus the children). The fact that some of them are basically just "hey look, it's that character from Awakening except misspelled!" makes them even worse; if I wanted to use Gaius, Cordelia, or Tharja I'd play Awakening, and get a better game as a bonus!

Really, though, I'm pretty sure a half-assed fanfic writer could write a more coherent plot than Fates wound up with. Which is a shame, because I like some of the character designs (mostly on the Hoshido side, since Nohrians seem to prefer prancing around in their underwear). ...and now I'm morbidly curious about how many trollfics have more coherent plots than Fates...

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 57 - Paralogue 9 - Saizo vs. Saizo (part 2)

powerful kids, controlled demolitions, numberwang, an invitation, blood & lust, the most shredded foxboy

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Kuvo posted:

the most shredded foxboy

like, damnnnnnn

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Kuvo posted:

Ep 57 - Paralogue 9 - Saizo vs. Saizo (part 2)

powerful kids, controlled demolitions, numberwang, an invitation, blood & lust, the most shredded foxboy

I am glad to see that Chome & co. are practitioners of Nakatomi Space.

quote:

Furthermore, soldiers used none of the streets, roads, alleys, or courtyards that constitute the syntax of the city, and none of the external doors, internal stairwells, and windows that constitute the order of buildings, but rather moved horizontally through party walls, and vertically through holes blasted in ceilings and floors.

Makrond
Aug 8, 2009

Now that I have all the animes, I can finally
become Emperor of Japan!

booksnake posted:

like, damnnnnnn

kaden intuitively grasps that no matter how jacked you become it is important to be able to be vulnerable around the people who care about you the most. by letting them give you belly rubs.

I'm glad the murder maid comes out of these awful matchups with the best boy.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

god drat it kaden

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I accidentally googled “Fire Emblem memes”.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm surprised you didn't get the 'characters as vines/tiktok videos' ones.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 58 - Paralogue 9 - Saizo vs. Saizo (part 3)

the end of saizo line, bone horse, jeff dunham, sekiro is a better game than this, sweets get the ladies, pto requests, all the juices, a mushy proposal

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Saizo is the worst dad.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I think I’ve figured out that if you want Asugi to have Gaius’ hair color, you need to pair Saizo with Sakura. For Rhajat you’d pair Hayato with Kagero, which is even more cursed. For Caeldori, you’d pair Subaki and Hinoka, which is fine actually.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
At least Dwyer has Cool Mom Mozu to offset being Jacob's son.

Not-Gaius doesn't even have that. It's no wonder he wants nothing to do with that family.

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Saizo is the worst dad.

Ehh, at least Asugi's paralogue ended with them understanding each other and kind of getting along, which is more than can be said for certain other parents we may see later...

So. while Saizo is definitely a bad dad, he's arguably not the worst on offer. Which I guess is something?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Jakob is still the worst dad so far since he's not only vocal about his distaste for his lazy, millennial son, he's also constantly competing with his kid and not holding back for no good reason. He's gonna be a tough act to follow, but I have faith that Fates' writing will live down to expectations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hayato seems bad at parenting, but can you blame him?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe that's the theme behind the plot. Garon and the dead Hoshidan monarchs were terrible parents, who in turn were raised themselves by terrible parents, in long lines of terrible parents.

Going even further, everybody in the realm suffered from bad parenting. Flora set herself on fire because she never had attentive parents to tell her that no, setting yourself on fire won't make up for all the dumb mistakes you made up to that point.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

The whole timehole thing makes every single character a bad dad by default. That's the baseline.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 59 - Paralogue 11 - A Long Grudge

mystery beans, maximum coffee storage, winner winner, burnt vegetable dinner, gently caress u dad, kid squad

going back to 2 eps a week for a bit cus of scheduling stuff so sorry if youre not getting your time-hole baby needs satisfied

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I gladly accept time-baby shenanigans at any comfortable pace.

Good to hear that the prophecy is steadily being fulfilled. I look forward to your 100% Revelations run.

Is there any way to accessorize Rhajat with a cat? Something entirely non-threatening. Like, she heard that evil witches are supposed to have black cats, and she ended up with Garfield.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

You can give her a foxtail. Rhajat is very much the most likely to attend a convention in cosplay of the army.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Kuvo posted:

Ep 59 - Paralogue 11 - A Long Grudge

mystery beans, maximum coffee storage, winner winner, burnt vegetable dinner, gently caress u dad, kid squad

going back to 2 eps a week for a bit cus of scheduling stuff so sorry if youre not getting your time-hole baby needs satisfied

The towel I was referring to to increase the chances of someone appearing in the hot springs is specifically the 'head towel', but checking the video your accessory shop is still level 2, so you still don't have access to it.

(Building levels unlock with story progress, as opposed to missions done, or number of timehole babydunks.)

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I love a hat-based job system.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ZeroCount posted:

The whole timehole thing makes every single character a bad dad by default. That's the baseline.

Yes, but some are actively abusive rather than being passively neglectful. It's all about the degree of terrible parenting, not the absolute. The only potentially good parent was a) a plot device and b) dead after one chapter.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

At least Dwyer got to have his cool general friends hang out with him in his time hole.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 60 - Paralogue 11 - A Long Grudge (part 2)

gently caress u dad, too many samurais, army logistics, horse friends, wait 4 turns between seeds

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Those faceless have a ton of defense. You might wanna pay more attention to people's weapon ranks, Mozu's pretty close to leveling up swords.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

You might also want to take a look at using Arms Scrolls to instantly boost the weapon skills of your promoted units that are stuck with E-rank.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 61 - Paralogue 3 - Surprise Duet

surprised good dad?, great ui design, no pool rules, blow jobs, swords, going ape poo poo, lead a horse to soup, a unethical proposal, more timehole questions, boy bands

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Funny that you should mention Shigure in a boy band, because there is actually a cover of Lost in Thoughts All Alone sung by Shigure's voice actor (Matt Mercer, who voices Ryoma and Azama, as well as Chrom from Awakening) that is featured at the end of the Story DLC: Heirs of Fate. (though I'm not linking it because of story spoilers)

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Really looking forward to seeing how they get Hinoka and Azama together. Going to be a train wreck.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh sorry, I didn't know that you needed them organized by name. I thought that you wanted a list to find people easier and that was it.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh sorry, I didn't know that you needed them organized by name. I thought that you wanted a list to find people easier and that was it.

I'm sure it's still easier to have it in a line than a grid. Not being able to sort by name is baffling, but being able to just go "no, go up a few from [whoever]" is an improvement.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vavrek posted:

I'm sure it's still easier to have it in a line than a grid. Not being able to sort by name is baffling, but being able to just go "no, go up a few from [whoever]" is an improvement.

Yeah, I thought the list and being able to sort by stats was going to be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ep 62 - Paralogue 3 - Surprise Duet (part 2)

not on the payroll, boat race, sugar ray, that loving song, malk, napoleon's lament, that loving song again, disney prince, monetize your passion