Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Guyver posted:

Also people in this thread need to read the Malazan book series.

This also what I associate the word Cadre with. And people do need to read the books, they are fantastic books. There's a thread about it in the book barn where you should also come and post reactions to the books because I want to read those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

That is kinda Brian Ashcroft's deal, he blogs about Japanese culture things and his articles are often targets for "why not video games" crowd.

I know. Sometimes he has some pretty interesting posts.
It's just in light of the large amount of redrawings Murata does it seems a bit redundant to make an entire blogpost about it. It never seemed that uncommon to me.

Also, a new trailer for the one punch man game was posted.
The story mode involves trying to survive fights until Saitama arrives (with him arriving sooner by fighting really well) and literally one punches the enemy. :allears: It's a pretty great way of adding an invincible character.
I wish I could add the video here.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It is a bit rarer for comics that are past print, Murata has often redrawn things for webcomic and for print separately, but I don't think he redraws after the books have hit print, but I could be wrong there.

The comic in question I'm fairly sure has had a printing already and is therefore more unusual than otherwise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNgd4ji-wg

New trailer for the OPM Game wiht a few new characters and explaining how Saitama works:
he takes no damage, all his moves insta-kill. It takes him 2 minutes to arrive to the fight if you select him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats perfect

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's being produced by Bandai Namco so I'm still going to ignore it, but that gimmick for Saitama is probably the best mechanic anyone could have done for him in a video game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's funny but sounds terrible to actually play against unless the game makes it nearly impossible to stall for time.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
This is word for word exactly the idea somebody on this thread had a while ago.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
If you set up a Saitama mirror match and their attacks clash, they accidentally form a black hole.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So just so we're clear here, whenever you choose to play as Saitama you're really playing as Licenseless Rider and basically trying to not die for two minutes right? And it's only Licenseless Rider, cant do that with any other character yeah?

EDIT: Nope, looks like you can play as Geno too, well now I'm confused

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

So just so we're clear here, whenever you choose to play as Saitama you're really playing as Licenseless Rider and basically trying to not die for two minutes right? And it's only Licenseless Rider, cant do that with any other character yeah?

EDIT: Nope, looks like you can play as Geno too, well now I'm confused

you play 1 character down (you have a team of 3 normally)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNgd4ji-wg

New trailer for the OPM Game wiht a few new characters and explaining how Saitama works:
he takes no damage, all his moves insta-kill. It takes him 2 minutes to arrive to the fight if you select him.

Yo, the game actually looks kinda cool. I wonder if they're gonna fill it out with all of those minor class characters like Heavy Kong, Golden Ball, Jet Nice Guy, etc or just stick to Suriyu, A-rank, and above.

edit: Even if all his attacks are instant kills, I wish they'd exaggerate the effects if they're on the last person on the team. Like you hit them and they ping-pong of the buildings all the way down the street until they eventually come to a stop leaving a massive loving crater in the ground.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 21, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If both sides pick Saitama... can he hurt himself? like against another Saitama does the fight resolve normally?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

AtomikKrab posted:

If both sides pick Saitama... can he hurt himself? like against another Saitama does the fight resolve normally?

clearly, they settle things with RPS

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

AtomikKrab posted:

My solution would be that if saitama sees saitama, they remember a sale is going on and leave the fight.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like how the camera angle makes it look like Saitama is just running in circles for 110 seconds then finally remembers what he's supposed to be doing in the last 10

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

clearly, they settle things with RPS

Both Saitama's have to settle things in a fighting game via a convenient television in the arena. Thr match timer stops while this plays out. This new game has a broken character that can be selected but takes 2 minutes for him to arrive but both teams can select him. This results in both characters needing to settle the match with a game of Archon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Ch. 114 - I pezzi grossi (+Bonus Ecchi)- Kingdom Italia"

Italian scanlator, explain yourself.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Bon chapitre!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/695208/1

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hell yes

Saitama finally has a straight man you play off again!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That happy run. :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh Yeah Saitama never got Orochi's name so he does not know he beat him already.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
he looks so happy in that last panel

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope Saitama doesn't run into this Orochi guy, he sounds dangerous. :ohdear:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That was a wonderful chapter

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That was very good.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm very pleased.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
im hyperventilating i am so loving excited

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
That chapter is exactly why I love this.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Great chapter.

Is this time before or after the hero base of the future where all the roads come out of it?

No matter, I want to see the Tiny Tornado finally reconizing Saitamas power after dragging him through buildings and along the ground for kilometers non-stop

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

Great chapter.

Is this time before or after the hero base of the future where all the roads come out of it?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Flashy Flash and Saitama comedy power hour begins now

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I love how Flashy Flash is so flummoxed by the existence of this creature that he subconsciously has to justify why it exists. "oh i see I must have been holding back without knowing it" "oh it was just a test anyway" "oh he must constantly have to fight for his life"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah he's such a nincompoop lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gologle posted:

I love how Flashy Flash is so flummoxed by the existence of this creature that he subconsciously has to justify why it exists. "oh i see I must have been holding back without knowing it" "oh it was just a test anyway" "oh he must constantly have to fight for his life"

I think he and Sonic might be related, because he did the exact same thing when Saitama countered his attacks at first.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just as arrogant as Sonic, if not moreso, he just channels it in a different way

RareAcumen posted:

I think he and Sonic might be related, because he did the exact same thing when Saitama countered his attacks at first.

they also have the same redundant naming convention

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

So. which movie is this scene from?

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 29, 2023

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Well I mean duh, they're pretty much dead ringers for each other, one just has white hair and the other has black with purple eye marks

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh man this is great I never thought these two would meet. Seeing Saitama smile was my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

they also have the same redundant naming convention

Flashy/Lightspeed Flash felt less redundant compared to other names but fair enough.