Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Seconded. EEEEEEEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:stonk::fh:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Oh man, I hope there's no horribly gratuitous violence in this one.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I really, really want a CYOA playing as a US President, British PM or some early modern European monarch.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754228&perpage=40 LBJ (archived)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815946&pagenumber=1#post471039918 TRUMP (still active)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Fair warning, Trumpgame is run by Nyaa, so.... extremely interesting but also almost definitely not what you're looking for.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I was wondering if anyone was up to the tast of making a new one.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Grouchio posted:

I was wondering if anyone was up to the tast of making a new one.

Bernie Sanders presidential game would be great. Trying to juggle the demands of POTUS destroying capitalist America by day and Sanderman's eternal war against the lizard people by night.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Outrail posted:

Bernie Sanders presidential game would be great. Trying to juggle the demands of POTUS destroying capitalist America by day and Sanderman's eternal war against the lizard people by night.
Should the first term be in 2017 or 2021? I can get behind this. The first vote would be on his cabinet and VP pick, as he recalls on inauguration day. I only say 2017 because we all have context on how things will go up to now. But then again how the hell would he turn congress blue in the midterms with all this white nationalism amok?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Communist black magic, probably. Chairman Sanders Game will showcase the true power of dialectical materialism.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Crazycryodude posted:

Communist black magic, probably. Chairman Sanders Game will showcase the true power of dialectical materialism.
Aiight. It's a drat good thing I'm reading Deng Xiaoping's biography - you'll learn how Bernie on steroids got poo poo done. 75-year old pragmatist elevated his nation into the economic superpower it is now.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Grouchio posted:

Aiight. It's a drat good thing I'm reading Deng Xiaoping's biography - you'll learn how Bernie on steroids got poo poo done. 75-year old pragmatist elevated his nation into the economic superpower it is now.

Sounds like youve volunteered to run a CYOA :v:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Loel posted:

Sounds like youve volunteered to run a CYOA :v:
I don't have time to micromange and simulate 2021-2028 :eng99:

I do have time to help someone else set it up though! :eng101:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 4, 2019

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Project V: VRMMORPG - A Full Dive Virtual Reality MMORPG CYOA and potential character recruitment in the future!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 2, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

After a two-month hiatus. Persona X has returned! Come help protagonist Kumiko Matsunaga flirt with her friend's cute sister and hopefully not get electrocuted to death by a magic sheep!

LOG OS
May 4, 2019
// operating at 3% capacity
( hello. i am LOG OS )

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time Force Delta is looking for new recruits!

This is a cyoa, but everyone who votes gets a secret society, and a secret objective. Work with your society to take over the avatar and push forward your agenda.

Figure out the rules through play.

And be careful, The machinations of Time Devilry is always waiting for a chance to strike.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Started a new story/CYOA Vampires of the Caribbean

The title is pretty on the nose but I couldn't think of anything else.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Welcome back! :D

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Thank you!

I really should change the link in my avatar. :raise:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hollylolly posted:

Thank you!

I really should change the link in my avatar. :raise:

Lowtax' neck will be very grateful

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Adventures in the Beaten Lands thread has become AitBL: CONTROLLER. The game is changing with new mechanics and new abilities as Maurice takes on the iO Shiamara/Constructor Mindscape. Join our first confrontation; will we defeat our first foe, or regain an old friend?

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 25, 2019

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Just started up a new CYOA, Peasant Revolt Simulator: Choice of Rebels. Hide in the woods! Watch all your friends die! Have all hope crushed beneath the relentless jackboot of the feudal order! Or maybe, just maybe, you can actually win.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Come read my stupid horror-noir CYOA: UNDERCROFT. 100% chance of cultists, weirdoes, awful, unknowable gods, insect demons, and all the insanity and death I can conceivably rip off from my favorite authors think up!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I kind of want to run a pro wrestling cyoa, but also have a short attention span and am not sure if people would be down for a pro wrestling cyoa

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I recall there was a wrestling cyoa in the past and it was quite very active untill op ended it.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Made a new CYOA. It's about giving advice to people. Not quite sure where this one is ultimately going yet, but I am sure we could find out together.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Odd, Dungeon Master got goldmined real quick - before I even got the last post in!

Ah well, I should go work on the OP for Spacecop: Three Days to Re-entry.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've started a CYOA thread based off a script I've been writing for a while now. Come play Memento of Kali.

It's a post-apocalyptic fantasy adventure with a pint of psychological thriller.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

We're a cop, in space. Its three days until we land on earth and something bad just happened.

The twist here is that everything we do in game has to be costed out in time, so taking time gets better results, but we only have 72 hours to solve the mystery.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Please! Be aware of my new, hand-drawn CYOA: MOONED! A Small Robot's Space Adventure CYOA.

It's about an AI that gets trapped in a small servitor robot after a colony ship crashes, and now we must help it find its own path.

Updates will be weekly, with additional entries and treats thrown in at the author's discretion.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Brawnfire posted:

Please! Be aware of my new, hand-drawn CYOA: MOONED! A Small Robot's Space Adventure CYOA.

It sounds great and the current vote seems to be moving towards making the ship's engines go critical. Could be the first CYOA on the forums to achive a game over on the first page.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mr. Owl Wise Forest Animal Counseling

The inhabitant of the forest need a wise owl to guide them. Hoot will come?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Terraforming Drones

Let's make a planet inhabitable.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
The amazing Bee Bonk has been running a roguelike CYOA called Wrecking Crew for the last few years, and now she's taking a break from the sci-fi world of Wrecking Crew to run an online fantasy board game called:

SYMWYRM

It updates three times a week and has wonderful and silly art.

The current dragon roster has already been chosen but more eggs can be produced for more players in the future! Until then, all non-dragon players get to vote on 'Rogue Elements' once every weekend to affect the dragons' world.

Here's this weekend's Event vote, for example:

Bee Bonk posted:

ROGUE ELEMENTS
This choice is open to anyone not playing a Dragon!
A life away from the decisions of wyrmlings, a figure stares up at the moons, nodding grimly. The time is right for plans long-deferred to come to fruition, and they turn to their fellows with purpose. They are...
A. A mage-prince of Val-Scirra, seeking eternal life.
B. A priest of a forgotten god, seeking their patron's return.
C. An aging beastfolk warlord, seeking more for their people than war and hardship.
D. A young beastfolk warrior, seeking to supplant the staid old guard.
E. The second-in-command of a mercenary band, looking to maintain discipline in light of the Commander's increasing excesses.
F. A hungry thief, looking for the score of a lifetime.
Please feel free to join in on the chaos fun and add your vote to the pile! :smaug:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've recently added a Summary for Memento of Kali in the first post:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894977

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm halfass gming a slapped together RPG campaign in GBS. They basically hosed off away from the main plot as soon as they could, which is fine, but I think it may be time to mix it up, so I think I want to start a CYOA where you guys will pick one of the main antagonists' henchmen, then pilot them in a quest to find and murder the PCs while getting rich and powerful by executing the will of your evil overlord!

Summon foul familiars! Intimidate and electroshock your way to intel! Send your own goons to turn over the joint! Shake down peasants for lunch money!

This game would start in a slightly different timeframe as the other thread so you can't just cheat your way to catching up with the PCs by reading the other thread. As a rampantly corrupt court official you would have reasonable ways of getting that kind of information tho. And there may be a few curve balls. Any interest?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A Game Room CYOA Thread Versus a GBS RP/CYOA Thread sounds fun! Link it when you got it ready!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
it's up: You will find them, and you will kill them. nobody tell gbs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatTaffer
Apr 14, 2005
I've just started 'A Valiant Monster', which it seems will be the story of the Orcish grifter and swindler sell-sword known as The Rake and his haunted rapier that will not shut up.