Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

I just figured out that I can make hats too

(I have been laughing at this one for ten minutes)

I don't think the embroidery machine would like this

poo poo

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Vyacheslav posted:

So, I'm reading about this fire in the Amazon and trying to figure out exactly how depressed to be, but I haven't read anything that says if there are any efforts to contain/extinguish it. Like, I know it was likely set by Bolsanaro allies and lines up with their agendas, but is anyone trying to combat it on any kind of scale, or is it just going to be allowed to take its course?

Bolsonaro took funds designated to fight deforestation (and fires) and gave it to the people causing deforestation and fires. So, uh, no, there's not really much effort to fight these fires, at least in Brazil.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
anybody have the carter page thunk?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

sinnesloeschen posted:

gently caress

YOU

Vyacheslav
Aug 4, 2003

mormonpartyboat posted:

its not really a fire, so much as every single person with land in or near the rainforest getting a blank check to burn and conquer as much of the rainforest as they want

So the odds of reaching that die off threshold are, what, pretty good?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1164737777495416832?s=20

hehe its funny cuz its a black hole and not a mass grave, wait hold on a second

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Me: "Hillary is the worst candidate to ever run in the history of the world"
Joe Biden: "Hold my *unintelligible slurring* "

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

mormonpartyboat posted:

its not really a fire, so much as every single person with land in or near the rainforest getting a blank check to burn and conquer as much of the rainforest as they want

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

twoday posted:

I just figured out that I can make hats too

(I have been laughing at this one for ten minutes)

I don't think the embroidery machine would like this

Do a shirt with that text but make it ͚̫̥͚͟Ẕ̯A̝͔̻̳̞̹L̠͙͉̘̬̻̩̕G̻͈̥͞ͅO

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

sinnesloeschen posted:

gently caress you

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

let's not be rash and punish Bolsonaro, the chud considered too extreme by other fascists, who stole an election and promised to jail or kill his opposition and pave over the amazon

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Vyacheslav posted:

iunno

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Der Meister posted:

western politicians don’t care about climate change because it’s only gonna gently caress over poor countries lol

My hypothesis is that the people in power know drat well it's going to gently caress over everyone, rich or poor. The reason they're full steam ahead is that they know are going to be gone before it gets really bad and they're happy to exacerbate the problem as long as they can continue living in luxury until then

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Do a shirt with that text but make it ͚̫̥͚͟Ẕ̯A̝͔̻̳̞̹L̠͙͉̘̬̻̩̕G̻͈̥͞ͅO

I don't know what that means

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1164546515949350913

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Joe Biden is going to lose to Trump lmfao

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vyacheslav posted:

to stop it you'd need a coup and then like a wholesale invasion of the entire rainforest

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Vyacheslav posted:

Pretty... very... a little of this, a little of that...

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Vyacheslav posted:

lord, i pray

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

can I just see one continuous video and the aftermath instead of this hosed up van damme triple kick shot over and over?

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

smarxist posted:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mormonpartyboat posted:

it's basically the tragedy of the commons but with an unprecedented global impact

the """"good"""" news is that you can limit the damage without regime change or outright invasion, but it'd require the G7 to get together and collectively agree to strongarm the major beef and soybean companies in the world to stop buying from brazil, and good luck doing that with who's currently in office

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
oh god lockn setbreak this is where i go down

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
My dog makes me happy even though the world is poo poo. So I bought this shirt.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Spergin Morlock posted:

My hypothesis is that the people in power know drat well it's going to gently caress over everyone, rich or poor. The reason they're full steam ahead is that they know are going to be gone before it gets really bad and they're happy to exacerbate the problem as long as they can continue living in luxury until then

If we can't prevent it (which give our nature and the political situation world-wide is a fair bet) then why shouldn't these rich loving assholes get as much personal enjoyment out of it as possible before they die and leave us holding the bag?

Humans are broken and if I can get an extra scoop of ice cream before I die, just by loving everyone else over, I'm gonna do it apparently.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

sinnesloeschen posted:

gently caress you, too

real fuckin rude imo

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

smarxist posted:

who are we talking about here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Maybe there will be a major nuclear war which vaporizes the boomer political order, and sends the earth into a short cooling cycle from atmospheric dust and requires large exclusionary zones that rapidly return to being dense forest.

viva posadas

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Flavius Aetass posted:

can I just see one continuous video and the aftermath instead of this hosed up van damme triple kick shot over and over?

Sorry but no, that's the new news now news that's new now for news format.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

smarxist posted:

bigly

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

PyPy posted:

My dog makes me happy even though the world is poo poo. So I bought this shirt.

My dog is the best thing I've got going

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I missed out on the piss hat. Another reason the world is poo poo. I would wear it too.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

RandomBlue posted:

Bolsonaro took funds designated to fight deforestation (and fires) and gave it to the people causing deforestation and fires. So, uh, no, there's not really much effort to fight these fires, at least in Brazil.

fightin fire with fire, man. know what i'm sayin'? deal from strength or get crushed every time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hey guys good news i just heard the price of hardwood and beef is going to go down

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

AppleNippleBOB posted:

My dog is the best thing I've got going

Pet that dog

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

twoday posted:

I don't know what that means

N̬̻̺̰̝͒ͥo̹͖̻̱̻̼͓͎̫ͪ͊̈ͮͦͮ ̬̞͔̄͛ͣ̌͆m͈͙̭͔̣̝͎̼͇̉̃ͦͬ̄̋͐o̯̝̟ͬͦ̀̅d̮̖̥͕͕͖̫̎̄̍ͭ̀̑̈́s̜͓̘̠͓̩͕̎̔ͦ̈̈́͛̿́
͉̳͕̱̼̠̯̱͓ͭ̌̽ͫ
͕̝̯̠̬͇̗̠̗̎ͣͧͬ͗ͨ̃͒N͓̼͕̖̱̻ͪ̈́͂̔ȏ̫̩̩͕͇ͪ̐̑ ͎̙̲͇̦͙͂͒m̮͔̪̙̙ͨͮ͐a̳̗̺͎̲̼̩̲̭̎ͤͫ̌͋̽̃̈̈́s͎̺̺̲̜̲̯̆͛̃̌̃ͫ̎t̼̬̞͒͂͒ͨ̄e̜̲̯̖ͮ̍̋̀̈́͒̓ͪ͌r̮͙̝͖͎͛̂̌̊s͇̝̞̜͇̗̰͊ͧ
To

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

can we please keep the rainforest burning stuff out of here. America dying, economic disaster and especially trump are extremely good, but the earth dying is a genuine bummer