Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Zero One posted:

Lightspeed was one of the levers when I was pilot. The right most one.

It was the most satisfying thing to pull it.
Maybe it was my ride vehicle or something? They definitely didn’t move when I was piloting.

Re: video game-ness: it reminded me of the Rebel Assault games in that there’s a “window” where you can move freely, but the ship still generally moves on its own path. So basically like a partial rail shooter.

It seems like you can trigger certain mission events too, though I don’t know how. We went through an asteroid field on our return from the mission the first and third times, but not the second.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How’s the feel of the ride can you feel drips and such ? The ride itself is mounted on a kuka arm I think right, kind of like Sum it All Thrills?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

How’s the feel of the ride can you feel drips and such ? The ride itself is mounted on a kuka arm I think right, kind of like Sum it All Thrills?

It's a motion simulator like Star Tours, so you're not going upside-down or anything but it's enough to make you hold on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXz_kL2_S-Y

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Hazo posted:

Maybe it was my ride vehicle or something? They definitely didn’t move when I was piloting.

Re: video game-ness: it reminded me of the Rebel Assault games in that there’s a “window” where you can move freely, but the ship still generally moves on its own path. So basically like a partial rail shooter.

It seems like you can trigger certain mission events too, though I don’t know how. We went through an asteroid field on our return from the mission the first and third times, but not the second.

Woah, what? I haven't seen an asteroid field at all.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I believe that only shows up if you do very poorly in the main mission.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The actual answer is to just buy a bag of the mix.

What’s that? You think you don’t want four pounds of mix? Why not? You know you’ll eat it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I went to my local theme park in NH last week which is very bad but they made a huge water park expansion and a giant pineapple stand selling Dole Whips by name. Was good to get my fix.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Whatley posted:

I went to my local theme park in NH last week which is very bad but they made a huge water park expansion and a giant pineapple stand selling Dole Whips by name. Was good to get my fix.

Canobie Lake? It’s not bad you heathen. It’s not as good as the ones near me though, Sto Ray Land & Santa’s Village.

Also The Canobie Lake flume rise was made by the same company that did Splash and I think it shares a similar but not exact layout.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tim Whatley posted:

Canobie Lake? I haven’t been there in...30 years. I still have some memories of that place.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zero One posted:

It actually seems to be the opposite! On two rides we got both containers of coaxium and got the asteroid field dogfight to finish it. On the one where we only got one container because of the pilot not understanding what "behind the train" means you stupid gently caress we jumped straight back to Batuu. Where the same pilot promptly flew us straight into a spire without even trying to dodge.

They crashed twice on takeoff. It was not a comfortable flight.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Canobie Lake? It’s not bad you heathen. It’s not as good as the ones near me though, Sto Ray Land & Santa’s Village.

Also The Canobie Lake flume rise was made by the same company that did Splash and I think it shares a similar but not exact layout.

Yes. I also thought it was not that bad before going for the first time in like 7 years, but it absolutely is haha. The flume is good tho.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Zero One posted:

No, we got the asteroid field on our best game.

We, in the name of science, staged a trash run. Our pilots literally spent the entire time running into everything possible, the engineers never fixed anything, and the gunner never fired. We only got one canister, we didn't go to the asteroid field and we owed Hondo 1000 credits.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah we had the asteroid run on our middle scoring run. Not sure what triggers it. Anyone not hit the train?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Zero One posted:

It's actually a time killer. If you finish the main mission before the pod has reached the proper alignment for unload, it gives you the asteroid field so you aren't just sitting there awkwardly until unload happens. It gives you more chances to make some points by shooting TIE fighters, and more chances to smash the falcon a bunch.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

I mostly get the 'we picked something up, scan the outside of the ship' thing whenever they have to make us wait for unload.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1164731300491624449?s=19
Are those new Epcot symbols on the wall?

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1164730603675119616?s=19

Looks possible that there's a monorail station in the middle?

E: Announcements unloading

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1164728009871413251?s=19
Moana attraction

The Marvel land in DCA is Avengers Campus, the Star Wars Hotel is Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser.

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1164724696425742338?s=19
The hotel

https://twitter.com/carlyewisel/status/1164733449686511616?s=19
Two things will be revealed Sunday. Boy I sure would buy every single one of these posters.

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1164736439684235264?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1164736279407280128?s=19

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 23, 2019

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Can't handle all of this with Star Wars as well. gently caress me

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yep new symbols

"Oct 1 2019" Sounds like that's demolition day.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this the weekend my favorite ride journey into imagination dies? Probably 😢😢

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 23, 2019

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I want that Epcot poster.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If that Moana water attraction is just a boat ride with whole bunch of really cool fountains and water effects, I'm 100% in

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's the inside of the Odyssey Building, which will be an interactive thing showing all the coming soon stuff.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Journey into Imagination died on October 10, 1998. Fight me. <:mad:>

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Considering last time we did this Expo thing Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy got sent into the shadow realm on the same day... y'all better start saying goodbye.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

couldcareless posted:

If that Moana water attraction is just a boat ride with whole bunch of really cool fountains and water effects, I'm 100% in

It’s a water play area between the center and where Living Seas is located. https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/epcot/news/23aug2019-photos---journey-of-water-inspired-by-moana-coming-to-epcot.htm

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Good enough

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I need those manatees, dolphins, and fish to keep me sane at Epcot.

I once dunked on my Orlando-living Disneyphile MiL by knowing they were there.

She's since reformed by being subjected to my SiLs MiL who is truly deranged. My SiL had to beg for one room in their new shared house to be Disney-free.

Can't fry an egg in that house without touching at least 3 Mickey themed objects.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yall over here bettin on Epcot classics getting murdered and you haven't stopped to think about the potential slaughterhouse of MK :black101:

(I am terrified for CoP)

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I will chain myself to the drat dog if I have to. CoP better not get loving touched or I swear to loving Walt himself

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

I will chain myself to the drat dog if I have to. CoP better not get loving touched or I swear to loving Walt himself

You can have the dog in any of them except for the rat race one. That one's mine.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

All I want is an answer to WHERE DID THE OTHER DAUGHTER GO?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Each scene of the new Carousel is the guardians of the galaxy dancing to a different decade of “oldies”

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Each scene of the new Carousel is the guardians of the galaxy dancing to a different decade of “oldies”

gently caress you for breathing that into existence.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Three of the scenes. The last scene is a marvel gift shop that's interactive ala the collector

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Please delete this post before someone from Disney reads this.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I hate CoP

But I love Journey into Imagination

I don’t know what kind of trash I am

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hazo posted:

I hate CoP

You motherfu-

quote:

But I love Journey into Imagination

Well, yes

quote:

I don’t know what kind of trash I am

CoP hatin

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That makes you EPCOT trash

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A lot of online people upset with the Moana water feature.

Some of it feels like barely veiled racism...

quote:

5 mins [penalty ] for comparing moana to snow white...
in any way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bottom Liner posted:

That makes you EPCOT trash
EPCOT is my least favorite park :saddowns:

I mean, that’s relative because of course I actually love them all. I just have different feelings for them.

AK is the most immersive
EPCOT has the most to do
HS has the best rides + Star Wars
MK is the most magical