Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might suggest I am slightly better at sarcasm than you are :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol I guess. See you after whoever reports me and I cop a sixer.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Extremely cursed image

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Epstein was definitely murdered, Prince Andrew is definitely a nonce. This should be thread scripture.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

We argued about it before. One dude was very yes, so thread kind of went no because of course it did. He was murdered.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Certainly it makes me more inclined to believe that the queen has an elite team of ninja assassins than diana did.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I used to work with the sas. They looked up to me.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I just watched this clip and holy gently caress does the BBC piss me off these days: https://twitter.com/Angry_Voice/status/1163518143995809792?s=20

Jo Coburn, in the space of 10 seconds, goes from trying to cut off Laura Pidcock for going off the narrowly assigned topic, to immediately blaming her for not doing enough as the opposition to raise the issues she's talking about. I can totally understand that the BBC has got to this position thanks to Cameron stuffing the board of trustees with political appointments and the editorial line being terrified of dissent, but it's still ridiculous to see the front line presenters follow that with apparently no self awareness whatsoever. You would think they would at least have a small amount of shame over this situation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sure all the money and assurances and cocaine and nonce parties make them feel much better about it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

lol :rip: Jose, probied in inter-mod violence :v:

e; Also yeah I hear you on that BBC thing, they're absolutely worthless. You'd have kind of assumed SOME degree of that "We're the guardians of democracy! We expose wrongdoing! We aspire to make governments fall like Woodward and Bernstein!" schtick would have held for at least SOME of them but they're almost all lib dem-tier spineless.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is a terrible post and I think you might be an idiot

NJAN99.txt

Only Kindness posted:

Somehow I will survive this.

And yeah that sounds real rough, but presumably there are things that can be done with heating, humidity control and stuff like that to fix the mould problem?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol. I would just like to say that every dumb thing I post in here is the fault of other posters for not posting other, better stuff louder. What utter shits you all are.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Swinson account sharing is not allowed on the SA forums.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Only Kindness posted:

We're sharing from time to time, here's my story.

50, diagnosed autistic ~3 years ago (mostly highfunctioning), PTSD from childhood incident, lifelong undiagnosed depression, one suicide attempt at 19, hoarder (I don't throw much away e.g. only just thrown away the box for the toaster I bought in 1992). Drifted into solitude (not loneliness) so no support network (apart from GP). Some private therapy a while back, anti-depressants for a couple of years, mirtazapine now, probably working but it's like my 5th one. Involuntary redundancy after nearly 30 years with BigCompany coming up next month, which I was actually looking forward to as I'm OK for money. Still, it'll probably hit me pretty hard.

I CAN cope with all that poo poo.

The twist.

The one thing that is literally destroying my life is finding that my (bought) flat has a lot of airborne mould spores, and has for ages without me noticing somehow - they escape vacuuming a lot of the time - and it has gone from great to unliveable in the space of a few weeks. My tongue is painfully irritated and burning, my lips both stinging and numb at the same time, metallic taste in the mouth. Textbook mould symptoms. Ironically they go away in bathroom and kitchen but everywhere else is contaminated.

Twistier.

I tracked it down - the mould spread came originally from the cardboard packing boxes I used when moving (escaping) a few years ago from an older house I was living in that had a mould problem, and was the reason I moved! I loving kept them and let them contaminate my new place and now I have the same symptoms!

So I promise you again, my life is bizarrely great despite everything. To the extent that even with Oct 31 looming I was looking forward to a period of unemployment. But I'm stuck in a hellish place I can't get away from and have been up for 52 hours now with the pain and worry - and nothing can relieve the symptoms apart from solving the problem completely and that could take months or years or longer or might not be possible at all.

Called Samaritans multiple times in last ~30 hours. Talked down from looking for painless methods of suicide to escape this hopeless situation. Painful method would shock me out of it like before.

I have a blood tests coming up. I think I should also ask GP to refer me for some sort of lung testing. My immune system won't last forever and I need to see how bad I'm already compromised.

But I did make progress. I have a call out tomorrow to a mould remediation expert.

Good on you for getting a professional in to look at the problem. That was a hard step to take when you're emotionally disorganized and you did it so thumbs up. There is the possibility that it is treatable and that things will be ok, after a rough patch of time cost and effort.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Only Kindness posted:

We're sharing from time to time, here's my story.

50, diagnosed autistic ~3 years ago (mostly highfunctioning), PTSD from childhood incident, lifelong undiagnosed depression, one suicide attempt at 19, hoarder (I don't throw much away e.g. only just thrown away the box for the toaster I bought in 1992). Drifted into solitude (not loneliness) so no support network (apart from GP). Some private therapy a while back, anti-depressants for a couple of years, mirtazapine now, probably working but it's like my 5th one. Involuntary redundancy after nearly 30 years with BigCompany coming up next month, which I was actually looking forward to as I'm OK for money. Still, it'll probably hit me pretty hard.

I CAN cope with all that poo poo.

The twist.

The one thing that is literally destroying my life is finding that my (bought) flat has a lot of airborne mould spores, and has for ages without me noticing somehow - they escape vacuuming a lot of the time - and it has gone from great to unliveable in the space of a few weeks. My tongue is painfully irritated and burning, my lips both stinging and numb at the same time, metallic taste in the mouth. Textbook mould symptoms. Ironically they go away in bathroom and kitchen but everywhere else is contaminated.

Twistier.

I tracked it down - the mould spread came originally from the cardboard packing boxes I used when moving (escaping) a few years ago from an older house I was living in that had a mould problem, and was the reason I moved! I loving kept them and let them contaminate my new place and now I have the same symptoms!

So I promise you again, my life is bizarrely great despite everything. To the extent that even with Oct 31 looming I was looking forward to a period of unemployment. But I'm stuck in a hellish place I can't get away from and have been up for 52 hours now with the pain and worry - and nothing can relieve the symptoms apart from solving the problem completely and that could take months or years or longer or might not be possible at all.

Called Samaritans multiple times in last ~30 hours. Talked down from looking for painless methods of suicide to escape this hopeless situation. Painful method would shock me out of it like before.

I have a blood tests coming up. I think I should also ask GP to refer me for some sort of lung testing. My immune system won't last forever and I need to see how bad I'm already compromised.

But I did make progress. I have a call out tomorrow to a mould remediation expert.

I'm the opposite of a hoarder and it seems like you have cash to spare, if you're willing to cover train fare I'll chuck all your mouldy boxes from the 90s while you go to the pub for the afternoon.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

But they have squeezy jars now

They do not and you shut your blasphemous mouth.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Junior G-man posted:

They do not and you shut your blasphemous mouth.

This reaction puts you in the same camp as the olds who voted brexit so that they could eat fish and chips out of newspapers again.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Only Kindness posted:

(1) Unlikely to be cross contamination as such - black mould spores are literally EVERYWHERE in nature, there's no way you can avoid it.
House mould only survives due to damp, so clear that out from living spaces and you'll be fine. The mould is just the symptom, the damp is the problem.
Clear the walls & floor (hoarded stuff away from walls/floor - just up on shelves even) open windows, and no.1 priority - get the roof checked. My last find was a crack in exterior render combined with a chest of drawers covering the interior wall side. The chest of draws blocked airflow = mould. Moved chest of drawers, installed an outside air vent for the cavity and the mould is gone.

Mould anywhere that's not the kitchen/bathroom makes me suspect damaged damp-proof coarse or leaking roof (or a crack in the render), all of which are pretty easy to fix for a few hundred quid. Once damp is fixed, dehumidifier would be good for the worst parts, but windows open & airflow is the best whenever its not raining (ha!). If you sort out any incoming damp, then the mould will die off. It will stay with black marks tho, only stripping back will get rid completely but they wont be active any more if they have dried out. They will be full of drought resistant spores tho, so damp will bring them back, but no damp = no mould.

If it's taking time, then get the dehumidifier/air purifier now and start using it, but be aware that without addressing the underlying damp ingress from somewhere, the problem is only going to escalate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/AmandeepBhogal/status/1164617694265692161?s=20

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/Chrisballingall/status/1163990748548751360?s=19

Full thread of brainworms here

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Corbyn Outriders coming’ at ya.

https://i.imgur.com/rLQTUK7.mp4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I'm hearing a new gangtag

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Khal Corbyn rides again! We will conquer the LibDem Goat People!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Not even sure what he is trying to say here, does he think Corbyn is going to take a stance on a conflict OTHER than 'peaceful negotiations with no outside interference'?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Good reminder of this gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA2EjAfVAcw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

Not even sure what he is trying to say here, does he think Corbyn is going to take a stance on a conflict OTHER than 'peaceful negotiations with no outside interference'?

"We are allied with nations ramping up towards genocide. Why do you not also want to ramp up towards genocide?"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

What the bloody hell just happened in here

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ms Adequate posted:

Corbyn supports the right of return of Mughal Empires.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

feedmegin posted:

What the bloody hell just happened in here

i posted

deal with it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

That's just my biography, op
pls write this story

If I was going to be a dickhead about this to him I'd be forced to ask who Britain's traditional allies in the region were, the All-India Muslim League or the INA.

This is why Twitter gives me a loving headache. It's like an epistemological nightmare full of bad faith.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

Just like that other dispute between nations with those initials, "peaceful negotiations with no outside interference" very much favours the "I", and for much the same reason. When you've grabbed a territory by force, every day you can spend talking about the seating arrangements at the peace conference is another day you can spend reinforcing your grip.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Guavanaut posted:

pls write this story

If I was going to be a dickhead about this to him I'd be forced to ask who Britain's traditional allies in the region were, the All-India Muslim League or the INA.

This is why Twitter gives me a loving headache. It's like an epistemological nightmare full of bad faith.

You've been a member for ten years. Only 1000 posts - who do you work for?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mugsbaloney posted:

You've been a member for ten years. Only 1000 posts - who do you work for?

but he actually has 33,000 posts? not sure which is worse

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/jamescdyer/status/1164647011615989761

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/uncoolfellazone/status/1164803689514536961

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/TSwiftNZ/status/1164754212799959042?s=19

Taylor Swift is finally giving us what we deserve for unleashing "Galway Girl" upon the world.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
More proof that the timeline where London was stolen by bats would be better.

Although she'd probably just be writing Mackem Boy instead.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/PaulbernalUK/status/1164796020657537025

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

How are you not fatally embarrassed to work for the Telegraph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

How are you not fatally embarrassed to work for the Telegraph?

Telegraph staff die of embarrassment but being brain-dead just aids in the column-writing process.