Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

twoday posted:

this is exactly what they want, for you to end up stuck back in the place you left. Take advantage of freedom of movement while it still exists and travel to a new place where you think you might have a better shot at accomplishing your dreams

What dreams

Jose posted:

He did admit in ukmt that he's too smart to have friends and his parents told him he's an egomaniac lol

I never said the former and if you knew my parents, you wouldn't give the latter any sort of credibility. In fact, my therapist told me I have "excess empathy" which my parents also agree with and said I should "fix".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I want you to stop being so loving miserable here as well

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

the world is dying and you are posting in the c-spam eurothread

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

medically diagnosed as too nice and cool and hot by my sexy doctor

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

I never said the former and if you knew my parents, you wouldn't give the latter any sort of credibility. In fact, my therapist told me I have "excess empathy" which my parents also agree with and said I should "fix".
i take back what i said about other thread drama, this guy sucks

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

AceOfFlames posted:

What dreams

Just make something up

for instance, my dream is too publish a book of c-spam posts

It doesn't really matter, it's just good to have goals in life to keep yourself busy, otherwise your life is wasted

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

get that OUT of my face posted:

fascism has always had the element of gay camp to it, so as long as you're white, you should be fine
There's definitely some gay camp, but historically also and element of gays in camps, so I wouldn't say something like that.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

twoday posted:

Just make something up

for instance, my dream is too publish a book of c-spam posts

It doesn't really matter, it's just good to have goals in life to keep yourself busy, otherwise your life is wasted

Buddhism teaches the opposite op, and it has a more convincing story than "just make something up to keep yourself busy"

twoday
May 4, 2005

oliwan posted:

Buddhism teaches the opposite op, and it has a more convincing story than "just make something up to keep yourself busy"

Fine, detach yourself from all goals, that's also fine

I'm not trying to actually explain my real motivations here, I just made something up

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf

twoday
May 4, 2005

Let it go, :matters:

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Jose posted:

i am loving ecstatic for my future death by the hands of guido failsons and i'm lily white and have had relationships

twoday
May 4, 2005

that's the spirit

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Go hang around a mens bathroom - worked for me.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
why does every thread that guy posts in become about his problems

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mortons stork posted:

why does every thread that guy posts in become about his problems

they're p funny purblems for a goon to be having and you keep talking about how his posts are would be my guesses. butt by all means lets keep posting about his postings, this is after all the most action the eurothread has seen in months and we got plenty of italian lube to keep us going for hours and hours on hours and

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the funniest thing the League/M5S government did was nominate a movie director known for ribald sex comedies as Italy's cultural ambassador, in the country that was the birthplace of the Renaissance. hell, i'd say it's the funniest thing any current far-right government has done

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

That's awesome,Ribald sex comedies are high art.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
wasn't there a political theory guy who said something about voting far-right for comedic accelerationist purposes?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

That's awesome,Ribald sex comedies are high art.

It's literally Shakespeare

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1164182614477082624?s=20

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
because i think italy is going to get even funnier going forward if you get elections and the nazis win and actually get to be prime minister. i honestly can't wait to see the results

e:
lmao and there goes even the need for election

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
yeah they can seriously gently caress with the nazi guy's work in government and then internal party fracturing and him getting contested out of existence at every rally will hopefully take care of the rest.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

M5S is so dumb that they'll absolutely find a way to gently caress this up

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
the nazi guy has just announced that he's willing to go back into a coalition with the m5s so watch them gently caress this up and deliver us full fascism by the end of the electoral cycle

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
a conservative party here in portugal was one of the many parties around that world that used a hentai cover as a meme about "gender theory" and the author came out disavowing its usage lol
i hate this deadbrained country at times but gotta love how even conservative journals came out against the party

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
The Hentai Party.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Today in Fátima is happening some sort of "conference" promoted by International Catholic Legislators Network where Orban and Mick Mulvaney are guests. who the heck is the ICLN?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Honest Thief posted:

Today in Fátima is happening some sort of "conference" promoted by International Catholic Legislators Network where Orban and Mick Mulvaney are guests. who the heck is the ICLN?

Fascists i would guess

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1166759341518655491?s=20
Lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I can't believe that's the best outcome, but it is lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

they explain themselves here. they believe in the free market inasmuch as it can provide the best way to bring prosperity to all of humanity, which lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

5 stars

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

i say swears online posted:

I can't believe that's the best outcome, but it is lol

Yeah it pretty much is lmao

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Movimento 5 uomo-bambini d'oro

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
how the hell did this 'direct democracy' thing even get off the ground? i know it's a difficult fit to believe, but in 2012 it was hard enough even for me to believe in, and now this is the result of all that. goddamn, democracy is a loving fail

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kurnugia posted:

how the hell did this 'direct democracy' thing even get off the ground? i know it's a difficult fit to believe, but in 2012 it was hard enough even for me to believe in, and now this is the result of all that. goddamn, democracy is a loving fail
desperation makes people do stupid things

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Algund Eenboom posted:

Movimento 5 uomo-bambini d'oro

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Kurnugia posted:

m5s was the only party to talk youth unemployment, environment issues, and wider popular participation to the political process in a country so badly ossified in power structures and gerontocratic we believe a 45-y.o. man is a junior in pretty much any sector

e: m5s initially started as basically civil society orgs in medium-to-large urban centers to lobby for better environmental policy, transparency in admin, better public services and the like. thats part of what made them so appealing, they were basically grassroots. you have to draw a distinction between these guys, who have been given basically 0 say in how the party is run, and the digital marketing agency that actually runs the whole thing (im serious, sadly), who coopted the whole thing and uses parliamentary deputies basically as ad testimonials for itself. national-level m5s is an empty box with no ideas, but it took 2 electoral cycles and an actual spell in government for anyone to realise this.

mortons stork has issued a correction as of 19:47 on Aug 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mortons stork posted:

m5s was the only party to talk youth unemployment, environment issues, and wider popular participation to the political process in a country so badly ossified in power structures and gerontocratic we believe a 45-y.o. man is a junior in pretty much any sector

my goondolences