Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's completely loving hopeless. The evil cocksuckers won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Milo and POTUS posted:

We can still win, it's just going to be pain. We need to figure out a way to shuft about 2 billion people away from the equator and feed them. Normally I'd come up with a trite answer here, but I ain't got poo poo. I think we can though.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

Garth Ennis is Earth's showrunner this season, and it's really starting to show.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd wager we'll see a drop in population before a real effort is made to preserve what little we can, by that point.

loving doomed anyhow.

gently caress it, plant a bunch of loving hemp and weed in the ashes of the rain forests. At least the next time it burns, the cloud won't be as toxic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'd wager we'll see a drop in population before a real effort is made to preserve what little we can, by that point.

A significant drop, yes. And it'll be a rapid, impossible-to-ignore-or-explain-away one.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Godholio posted:

A significant drop, yes. And it'll be a rapid, impossible-to-ignore-or-explain-away one.

World champions at hide and seek playing thw world's largest game nothing to worry about.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Flightradar24 posted:

The Global SuperTanker Services, LLC 747 is en route to South America to help fight wildfires there. https://www.flightradar24.com/GST944/21ccf425

I would also note that anyone despairing right now should look at what's going on in Sudan.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The globe is on fire literally and figuratively

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
In this season of Veep, Mike Pence isn't allowed to pet Icelandic ponies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/21/icelands-prime-minister-will-skip-pences-visit-she-says-its-not-snub/?noredirect=on

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I would also note that anyone despairing right now should look at what's going on in Sudan.

Something specific or just more failed state terrorism breeding ground dictatory shenanigans?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Laranzu posted:

Something specific or just more failed state terrorism breeding ground dictatory shenanigans?

It's on fire like the rest of the world

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's on fire like the rest of the world

Which kind of "on fire"? We're very creative in the ways we're destroying the world. Have to be specific.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

orange juche posted:

I'm sure they can find some forests in the US to burn to "trigger the libs"

In case anybody forgot since it happened many many decades ago, that's what kicked off the second Bundy standoff, the one at the wildlife sanctuary that Tarp Ghost died at.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Internet Wizard posted:

In case anybody forgot since it happened many many decades ago, that's what kicked off the second Bundy standoff, the one at the wildlife sanctuary that Tarp Ghost died at.

Obama should have dropped a JDAM on those guys.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Internet Wizard posted:

Wasn't it to cover up poaching?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/JaneMayerNYer/s...ingawful.com%2F

:woop:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One down...

Which Koch is the one that basically shovels money at npr?

E: apparently both

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 23, 2019

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Do Charlie next plz.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

One down...

Which Koch is the one that basically shovels money at npr?

Charles Koch is the real motherfucker who funneled money into the Tea Party during the Obama years.

David still contributed, but also donated to non-political projects like PBS documentaries.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BBC says he's dead.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Ferric242/status/1164869840802373638

lmao

"human being" is a hell of a stretch for a hive of interdimensional wasps in a skin suit

E: this is also why trump will get re-elected in 2020 because there are people who can look at the current state of things and go "both sides"

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Rot in piss

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

orange juche posted:

lmao

"human being" is a hell of a stretch for a hive of interdimensional wasps in a skin suit

E: this is also why trump will get re-elected in 2020 because there are people who can look at the current state of things and go "both sides"

Lmao I remember saying that poo poo in 2016

Hope that motherfucker burns

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"He had a family" has never meant much to me. First time I remember hearing it was when Breitbart died and the world is slightly better without him.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

Lmao I remember saying that poo poo in 2016

Hope that motherfucker burns

I remember being called out for being callous to human lives when I said I hoped people like that died.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Great die-off/nuclear winter 2020

Also, yeah, the handwringing about Koch eating poo poo and dying is laughably disingenuous.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm glad he's dead.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

lmao

This man who was actively working to kill my family and the planet deserves our love and respect

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wasn't it to cover up poaching?

it was basically a bunch of those bundy-aligned hillbillies wanting to graze/ranch/possibly hunt I guess on a federal wildlife refuge.

I sent them a 5 lb bag of sugar free gummi bears and told them it's What Real Troops Eat on the gift note

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

I sent them a 5 lb bag of sugar free gummi bears and told them it's What Real Troops Eat on the gift note

Outright malicious :stare:

Old Boot posted:

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm glad he's dead.

:same:

I’ll do a happy dance today :)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

All that wealth cannot save your rotting corpse :cabot:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

it was basically a bunch of those bundy-aligned hillbillies wanting to graze/ranch/possibly hunt I guess on a federal wildlife refuge.

The occupation was because the Hammonds started a massive prairie fire to cover up their poaching. They also did a bunch of child abuse but got away with it because Jesus. Donnie pardoned them last year.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/Ferric242/status/1164880300800978945

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Probably my favorite Pixelated Boat tweet

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/865225312023400448

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1164880863793991682?s=19

:toot:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:woop::woop::woop::woop:

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

I'm glad David Koch is dead, but I'll be happier when Charles dies. I've told this story before, but I worked at Koch during a break in service in the late 90s, until I figured out they were flat out stealing money from Native Americans. I helped blow the whistle on that stuff, and it ended up being one of the reasons I went back into the Army. It was hard to find a IT job in Wichita after that.
I still enjoy driving by the Koch compound and tossing trash at the gate. And I will immensely enjoy pissing on his grave. The people in Wichita love the bastard and have named a few things after him, as though he's some great philanthropist. I always point out how much more money the state would have if they paid loving taxes. The city just recently shot down wind farms and commercial solar in the area thanks to pressure from Koch. gently caress them all.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm a little upset that death apparently chose the lesser of two evils.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

For now.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Fun fact apparently both of the brothers were diagnosed with prostate cancer, David was just the one who was more ill and died first. Amazing how so many libertarian billionaires were born out of privilege. Sure, they made a billionaire, but access to that capital is like having the deck stacked for you.

Also, eat the rich: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/08/26/a-finance-guy-amasses-sneaker-capital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

There is no escape from death.