Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm a little upset that death apparently chose the lesser of two evils.

That was my feeling. If one of them had to go, why not the "good" one who occasionally did good stuff with the bad, instead of the pure evil one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

they both have to go

death chooses us all

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Unless you’re Dick Cheney, and have hidden your horcruxes well.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Icon Of Sin posted:

Unless you’re Dick Cheney, and have hidden your horcruxes well.

How many heart attacks has he had? Five?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

BigDave posted:

Not enough.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BigDave posted:

Two to go.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1164922878061686787

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:bisonyes:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:yeshaha:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm a little upset that death apparently chose the lesser of two evils.

death is a centrist

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

I would take this seriously but it does these insane drops every time he says a dumb thing then 2 days later it goes right back up to where it was.

We are heading for a recession but its not going to be caused by trumps tweets

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Apparently the owner of Jimmy John's is a bit of an rear end in a top hat big game hunter. He's posted photos of his big cat / grizzly / elephant / rhino kills. Check out #BoycottJimmyJohns but I'll refrain from linking due to the amount of animal death. I don't know how rich you have to be to decide that one elephant kill wasn't enough. African hunts seemed really cool when I was a kid, now it just makes me feel sick. Not my go-to sandwich place, but I'm avoiding it now.

Search the tag on twitter. I really do want everyone to see the photo of a rich, naked fat man on top of a shark he has killed, so that you will suffer as I have suffered.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

kill me now posted:

I would take this seriously but it does these insane drops every time he says a dumb thing then 2 days later it goes right back up to where it was.

You say that, yet somehow 2019 is gonna give us another curve ball.

egyptian rat race posted:

Apparently the owner of Jimmy John's is a bit of an rear end in a top hat big game hunter. He's posted photos of his big cat / grizzly / elephant / rhino kills. Check out #BoycottJimmyJohns but I'll refrain from linking due to the amount of animal death. I don't know how rich you have to be to decide that one elephant kill wasn't enough. African hunts seemed really cool when I was a kid, now it just makes me feel sick. Not my go-to sandwich place, but I'm avoiding it now.

Search the tag on twitter. I really do want everyone to see the photo of a rich, naked fat man on top of a shark he has killed, so that you will suffer as I have suffered.

...why is he naked with that shark?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

kill me now posted:

Yeah I got an officer in my unit who’s a trader and he loves this president because he keeps on tanking poo poo and he’s into buy-low sell-high and he’s done extremely well.
Still thinks it’s he’s a idiot but a useful one making him rich-er. Will vote for him again.

Sigh.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

BigDave posted:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BigDave posted:

You say that, yet somehow 2019 is gonna give us another curve ball.

You do enough coke and you’ll gently caress anything.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

You do enough coke and you’ll gently caress anything.

Look, I'm setting the record straight. It was bath salts, and it was a whale.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

I hate big game hunters with a passion. I also really like Elephants, so gently caress him.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

JJ is just a fancy, more expensive Subway, there never was a reason to go there anyway.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

I was about to respond to this guy going 'what in the gently caress,' then noticed in his bio that it says 'moderate isn't a dirty word.'

So much for 'I'm a liberal, but'

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Suicide Watch posted:

JJ is just a fancy, more expensive Subway, there never was a reason to go there anyway.

They deliver, which is the main reason why they're so popular, even if the subs are meh.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They're also extremely fast. I rarely go there but when I order, it's made and ready for me by the time I'm done filling up my fountain drink. Granted its a very simple and mediocre sandwich but hey.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
There was some Jimmy John's nerd walking around campus handing out free quarter sandwich samples once. I had one and my impression of it was such that I refused another free helping and I've still never eaten in a Jimmy John's to this day

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i love jimmy johns because they're the only place where you can go "hey i want a sandwich" and then they just immediately give you a sandwich

like its loving amazing that 'fast food' burger places can't do that

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Hexyflexy posted:

I hate big game hunters with a passion. I also really like Elephants, so gently caress him.

Big game hunters coming from out of country fund a lot of the conservation efforts in Africa, plus the animals killed (legally) are animals that needed to be culled for the safety of the population. Either too old, or too aggressive, or whatever.

It sucks that these countries have to fund their conservation with money from foreigners paying for the privilege of being the one pulling the trigger on an animal marked for execution, but there is some good coming from it.

People who pay poachers, on the other hand, can go hang.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I am not condoning safari hunting. I hate the idea. Its gonna happen anyway because of how much money the person taking the dentist around will make. If people want to big game hunt they should do it with some loving parity. Use a 2 or 4 bore rifle, not some modern big game cartridge with 5 shots from 300 yards out. You gently caress up the animal kills the gently caress out of you. The animal may gently caress you up before you even get to shoot. Or use a spear or bow and arrow. You wanna prove youre a "manly man" by killing something dont do it like a coward.

A better solution would be the locals taking the money, driving out to right infront of some lions or whatever, and then when its time to hand over the guys gun they laugh and drive off and leave them there to figure it out themselves. Go be a great white hunter now rear end in a top hat.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

That was my feeling. If one of them had to go, why not the "good" one who occasionally did good stuff with the bad, instead of the pure evil one.

Remember how the anticipation of pain can be worse than the pain itself?

I like to think that's the mental state the eviller Koch is in now.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the long term solution to poaching is to eliminate poverty in the effected countries, but in the meantime i guess put sanctions on countries that buy the products?

I recently learned that later drafts of the TPP had provisions about human trafficking removed because Malaysia has over a hundred thousand slaves and the straights of Malacca are right there, gotta break a few eggs to make sure capitalism can keep saving the world. As a result my view of sanctions, treaties, etc has further dimmed.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

Big game hunters coming from out of country fund a lot of the conservation efforts in Africa, plus the animals killed (legally) are animals that needed to be culled for the safety of the population. Either too old, or too aggressive, or whatever.

It sucks that these countries have to fund their conservation with money from foreigners paying for the privilege of being the one pulling the trigger on an animal marked for execution, but there is some good coming from it.

People who pay poachers, on the other hand, can go hang.

I have East African relatives that work on conservation projects there, so I'm somewhat aware of how things roll. Yeh, they need cash, but I don't think western bastards are as important as you think they are to them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ban import of trophies and legally butt gently caress anyone who violates it.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Ban import of trophies and legally butt gently caress anyone who violates it.

I think you're forgetting who's in charge.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/07/science/trump-elephant-trophy-hunting.html

quote:

March 7, 2018

The United States has moved to allow hunters to import big-game trophies, including elephant tusks and lion hides, acquired in certain African countries with approvals granted on an individual basis.

The decision, reported in a memorandum published last week by the federal Fish and Wildlife Service, overturns an Obama-era ban on some trophies and contradicts public statements by President Trump, who had endorsed the restrictions.
Following the November announcement that the United States would begin accepting elephant trophy imports from Zimbabwe and Zambia, Mr. Trump tweeted that he planned to reverse that decision and that he would be “very hard pressed to change my mind that this horror show in any way helps conservation of elephants or any other animal.”

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doc Hawkins posted:

the long term solution to poaching is to eliminate poverty in the effected countries, but in the meantime i guess put sanctions on countries that buy the products?

The actual solution is climate change and it is on its way.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Blood for blood: smaller animals cost the hunters a finger for permits, larger ones cost limbs.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Current Event: New Taylor Swift album is way better than the first two singles would lead you to believe.

idempodunk
May 12, 2001
Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1164968831279935489?s=20

"The tumor was treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body."

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Stay strong rbg!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You better last until January 22nd, 2021 RBG. After that who gives a poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vasudus posted:

I do because she is awesome.