Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

And it's definitely not the actual in-game loading screen art. I have no idea at all who that blonde guy with the glowstick is supposed to be.

Arn, Tau Idair's apprentice. He was revealed at the SDCC and that is most likely the loading screen for 6.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Cythereal posted:

And it's definitely not the actual in-game loading screen art. I have no idea at all who that blonde guy with the glowstick is supposed to be.

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1152764936143159301

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

God drat I want that dress for my space wizard.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

There's something really off-putting about this key art:

Yeah, I hate to pop in here after a long absence just to be negative, but that is comically bad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, I hate to pop in here after a long absence just to be negative, but that is comically bad.

If you came in and were positive we might think you're a pod person

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Rather elderly for a Padawan, no?

I am finally a Preferred status account. What are the must-haves for me to buy with the Cartel Coins I squirreled away from the Amazon bundle and the various monthly grants? I have the one that gives me the temporary rocket boost already.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Get rid of the cooldown on fast travel.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

Get rid of the cooldown on fast travel.

That got automatically granted to everyone last patch.

For unlocks, I'd unlock unify colors and hide head slot if you like doing space barbie. Don't buy artifact authorization, it's a waste since you can't do anything that requires gear.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Medullah posted:

That got automatically granted to everyone last patch.
Quick Travel still is on a six-minute cooldown (not counting legacy unlocks), though. That line in the change log must have referred to some F2P-only restriction, I'm guessing? Unless there's some part of the patch I entirely missed out on.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I think I got it via legacy unlock anyway. Space barbie doesn't really bother me, but I got unify colours via some dude looking for people who had active subs to take his referral link. Mostly I want gameplay affecting stuff.

ETA: I bought Section X authorisation, because apparently not bothering to finish one of the missions breaks your account so that your Galaxy Map stops showing you locations of active quests, and when you open it or load an area it tells you that you require Section X authorisation in a popup THREE loving TIMES FOR EVERY LOAD :psyduck:

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 22, 2019

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cythereal posted:

Dr Sex Cake p sure

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Anything cool uncovered or datamined during the pts?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For anyone curious about the upcoming 6.0 changes, they are testing them in phases on the PTS. Right now they just uploaded Agent changes which look pretty fun - you can log into the PTS and instantly level to 70 and get new gear. There's multiple set bonuses as well as "Tactical" items which change your moves a bit (for example, Operative gets one which causes Volatile Substance to do AOE damage when it explodes).

If you take part in both the current phase and next, there are achievements to earn along side titles, and if you do all of them you get a mount an actual flying log mount, supposedly

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

For anyone curious about the upcoming 6.0 changes, they are testing them in phases on the PTS. Right now they just uploaded Agent changes which look pretty fun - you can log into the PTS and instantly level to 70 and get new gear. There's multiple set bonuses as well as "Tactical" items which change your moves a bit (for example, Operative gets one which causes Volatile Substance to do AOE damage when it explodes).

If you take part in both the current phase and next, there are achievements to earn along side titles, and if you do all of them you get a mount an actual flying log mount, supposedly

hmmmm it's glorious

Pryce
May 21, 2011

nonentity posted:

hmmmm it's glorious

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you wouldn't happen to know anything about this eh?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I still want a dance platform mount.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Medullah posted:

Does this mean earn achievements in the PTS? Is there a list of what to do?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ossipago posted:

It's just "do 5 group activities" for the first phase (going now) and "do 10" the next phase.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Ossipago posted:

Hasn't started yet; there'll be news on the website when it's time to get to work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

Hasn't started yet; there'll be news on the website when it's time to get to work.

The achievement is active though, will it reset?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Apparently you can unlock a race by getting it to level 50? Well I guess I created at least one character with each race before I quit at launch so I guess I can just activate them and get them to 50? Is imperial agent still the most fun? I only got to level 10 in that

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nitrousoxide posted:

Apparently you can unlock a race by getting it to level 50? Well I guess I created at least one character with each race before I quit at launch so I guess I can just activate them and get them to 50? Is imperial agent still the most fun? I only got to level 10 in that

Assuming you're a sub, correct.

I like Agent, Warrior is my favorite "Star Warsy" story

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Speaking of Achievements really wish they would update some of the PvP ones like an Achievement that goes past the 10000 kills Manhunter. My Sorc alone has 110k kills.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

The achievement is active though, will it reset?

Hmm. It shouldn't be active. We're gonna wipe before we do the actual Spoils of War testing; that's when we'll be tracking the achievement (since we'll want people to run flashpoints/ops to help test the new loot system).

EDIT: Ah crap, I realize why it's active. I screwed up. :P

Pryce fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 4, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

Hmm. It shouldn't be active. We're gonna wipe before we do the actual Spoils of War testing; that's when we'll be tracking the achievement (since we'll want people to run flashpoints/ops to help test the new loot system).

Well I got it the other day. :D.

Are you guys going to allow for transfers in next phase? It's hard to test fully without the legacy class buffs, companion bonuses and field respec.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Are you guys going to allow for transfers in next phase? It's hard to test fully without the legacy class buffs, companion bonuses and field respec.

Definitely. It was disabled so we could semi-control which classes most people have access to (other than sneaky folks finding ways around it), and because we wanted to discourage any numerical theorycrafting while we had placeholder balance numbers in there. As soon as the rest are in and we have the first balance pass ready we'll turn on transfers for some real testing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I suspect saltiness when people find out they won't get credit for the achievement. May the odds be forever in your favor, Pryce.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

When the other team "wins" i.e. when two premades get matched together who don't give a single gently caress about objectives, though we did score some points cause we wiped their entire team and I decided to cap out of boredom waiting for them to run back.

These kind of matches make people so, so angry the hate you get is a lot more fun than winning.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
So which of the Goon guilds is most active? Pub or Imp? I'm debating giving the game another look since there's an expansion coming. I've got a maxed bounty hunter healer and a powertech on SF Imp side but I kinda wanna play pub.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 19, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Resting Lich Face posted:

So which of the Goon guilds is most active? Pub or Imp? I'm debating giving the game another look since there's an expansion coming. I've got a maxed bounty hunter healer and a powertech on SF Imp side but I kinda wanna play pub.

Neither at the moment. Hop in our Discord and see if anyone is playing and if they're in a guild. Last I looked on the pub side I was the only one who's logged on in about 6 months. :(

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I usually faff around a bit on one of my Republic characters whenever I subscribe again, but admittedly it's been months since my last subscription ran out and now I'm basically wasting my time on other games while waiting for the big new expansion so I'll feel like wasting my time on TOR for a while once more.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've been hanging out with an imperial pubby guild called Disciples of Bogan, and they're pretty chill people. They currently do 3 SM Op nights a week, to let newbies experience op stories, but come September they're gonna switch one of the two nights over to serious attempts to gear and stuff.

They have a republic side guild that is pretty active (10ish online at a time) but I'm not currently in it because I'm focusing on my Sniper. Overall the number imp side tends to sit at like, 15-20.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

KittyEmpress posted:

I've been hanging out with an imperial pubby guild called Disciples of Bogan, and they're pretty chill people. They currently do 3 SM Op nights a week, to let newbies experience op stories, but come September they're gonna switch one of the two nights over to serious attempts to gear and stuff.

They have a republic side guild that is pretty active (10ish online at a time) but I'm not currently in it because I'm focusing on my Sniper. Overall the number imp side tends to sit at like, 15-20.

I might be interested in serious pve. I'm taking a break from my wow guild because our raid nights are both nights I have class this semester. Will need something to scratch that itch. I'll look them up when/if i decide to come back.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well I've been doing some catch up on this game for the first time since the second Zakuul expansion came out and many a hallway full of jerks has been slain. Just finished the Nathema conspiracy and I thought I'd be more annoyed but whatever its fine I knew this was gonna happen. totally fine.

Cool how the Gravestone did the thing again but this time it mattered.

At least I can finally fix Theron's hair back, what the hell was that boy even thinking?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
He had to tempt the player into killing him somehow.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

People still play this game? Anything interesting happening? New Addon?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chalkece posted:

People still play this game? Anything interesting happening? New Addon?

The game is still pretty populated, Goons aren't too active but there's quite a few people. There's a new expansion coming in September/October.

I'm almost done with a new OP so I'll have a bit more info there - anything any of you guys think is must have info for an OP, feel free to let me know.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

What's the release date for the expac?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Siegkrow posted:

What's the release date for the expac?

Late September/early October is the plan right now. Nothing concrete. The playstyle changes are hitting the PTS next week (no story).