Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Troxartas posted:

Wasn't one of his early OVW gimmicks a Russian(?) shooter Fedor kinda guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx4AZbPPdsI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Whoever he faces should have Jim Cornette in their corner.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Put Cornette on a six week MidBreath scheme and he can fight Santino.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
This photo is everything good about professional wrestling. From TheLVACs mall madnnes show that was held inside a empty Phillipsburg mall in New Jersey

https://twitter.com/the_LVAC/status/1162886646393647104

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1163201402669281282

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
GCW Presents Josh Barnett's Bloodsport 2 is probably going to have an intergender shoot style match if they aren't announcing anymore people for it and stick to 8 matches again.

Mox vs Barnett

JR Kratos
Minowaman
Killer Kross
DBS Jr
Timothy Thatcher
Chris Dickinson
Tom Lawlor
Zachary Wentz
Matt Makowski
Anthony Henry
Santino Marella
Allysin Kay
Lindsay Snow
Sumi Sakai

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

probably santino.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chris Dickinson is the first one that came to mind

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Allysin Kay vs Thatcher is what i expect.

Santino is probably facing Lawlor or something so he can mock him about the Cobra then get his poo poo rocked by Santino the Shooter

I hope they announce the situation with the Japan shows if they'll be VOD, on Fite.tv or what since the shows are this week

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 19, 2019

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I guess they realized that trying to bring Gage was pointless.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Oof it feels like Sumie Sakai has been wrestling 40 years

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

RealFoxy posted:

Oof it feels like Sumie Sakai has been wrestling 40 years
She's a Japanese female wrestler who debuted abnormally late by their standards (25) and has been wrestling 22 years, so...yeah, it certainly does feel that way. Especially since she's never even been that consistently good in the 15+ years she's been in the States.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I gotta wonder who told josh to book sumie unless it really was just some dude trolling josh that got her booked because she's really one of the last people i can think of that i want to see on this kind of show, or one in general. There has to be at least some other female wrestler with some sort of shoot training or something interesting

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

KungFu Grip posted:

I gotta wonder who told josh to book sumie unless it really was just some dude trolling josh that got her booked because she's really one of the last people i can think of that i want to see on this kind of show, or one in general. There has to be at least some other female wrestler with some sort of shoot training or something interesting
Guessing there's some kind of "semi-old school Japanese women's wrestler would have been taught shooting/catch wrestling" thing here.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sumie has legit MMA experience. I think she helped SHO prepare for his fight too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sumie is a liason for Japanese wrestlers in the US. And well-liked/harmless.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

I don't think "harmless" is a trait the promoters of Bloodsport chose her for tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope they announce the situation with the Japan shows if they'll be VOD, on Fite.tv or what since the shows are this week

https://www.fite.tv/live/wrestling/ Added to the FiteTV schedule, $15 each

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Thought people might like to know Nick Mondo's doc is up on Amazon Prime.

Called The Trade.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Called The Trade.

Watched this a few weeks ago and it gets a little cheesy at some points but overall it was a really great watch. Definitely recommend it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Called The Trade.

I watched it when it came out and really liked it. His appearances on the art of wrestling and the steve austin show were really good too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They added Nicole Savoy to Bloodsport so I guess they're doing more than just 8 matches this time. Maybe they're going with more short matches to fit in a lot or something

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
there better be at least one 5-second flying knee KO in bloodsport

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

They added Nicole Savoy to Bloodsport

:swoon:

i really gotta get up on shimmer! I liked her in her myc appearances, especially when heelin'. are there any matches of hers especially worth hunting down?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vellius posted:

i really gotta get up on shimmer! I liked her in her myc appearances, especially when heelin'. are there any matches of hers especially worth hunting down?

She had a good run through stardom if you have access to that stuff.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

rovert posted:

Wasn't there a whole thing about her running a benefit for Sabu and not giving him the money? Or am I remembering that wrong.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Vellius posted:

SHIMMER heel work: vs Madison Eagles 1, vs LuFisto 1, vs Evie 1 & 2.

Baby face title run: vs Su Yung, vs Deonna Purrazzo. I haven't seen the Summit match yet but I have a hard time believing Savoy/Matthews didn't kick rear end.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

davidbix posted:

Wasn't there a whole thing about her running a benefit for Sabu and not giving him the money? Or am I remembering that wrong.
I know exactly what you're talking about, and Sumie Sakai did a fundraiser for Sabu before but I think the person that tried to keep the money was a different woman in a different incident

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
stealing money from sabu seems pretty reasonable.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I wonder if JB's Bloodsport II is the first GCW show since Spring Break to have more than 1 woman in a match. I'm hesitant to count the GCW Orange Cassidy show because of it being a NOVA thing first

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cory Lidle posted:

SHIMMER heel work: vs Madison Eagles 1, vs LuFisto 1, vs Evie 1 & 2.

Baby face title run: vs Su Yung, vs Deonna Purrazzo. I haven't seen the Summit match yet but I have a hard time believing Savoy/Matthews didn't kick rear end.
Thanks for the recs. As has been mentioned, she did well in Stardom, too, and that's why I wanna see more of her. Gonna see which of these I can find.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

stealing money from sabu seems pretty reasonable.

well sometimes you'll give money to sabu but he will conveniently forget that that happened and will call you in the middle of the night threatening to cut your balls off if you don't give him the money, cash, small bills, now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am completely and totally shocked Nicole Savoy is still a free agent. She's getting up there in age a tad but she has everything else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MLW 2019 Austin Aries

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

MLW 2019 Austin Aries

looks like Sexxy Eddie after prison and rehab

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Blitzkrieg_Pro/status/1164590396153970689

Teddy Hart & Juvy vs Lucha Bros. :swoon:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

coconono posted:

looks like Sexxy Eddie after prison and rehab

As if Eddy will ever go to rehab

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

stab posted:

As if Eddy will ever go to rehab

I'm not even sure he could go to prison. He's just too fuckin likable.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

We made it to show 4!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

coconono posted:

I'm not even sure he could go to prison. He's just too fuckin likable.

How him and I have been the best of friends for 20+ years is mind boggling, because I am extremely unlikeable