Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1164350323974115328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
She's like a pretty Nancy Kerrigan. :v:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
"something is rotten in the state of denmark"

crow: yeah, i didn't have any clean pantaloons or hose this morning... :v:

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Look who's back

https://twitter.com/FrankConniff/status/1164617483703214080

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yayyyy Frank!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Eh, she's all-righta.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Funky Valentine posted:

I think Mike had that quiet, angry rant about his mom taking him to a shoe store opening instead of Woodstock, that was great.

One of my favorites is Mike talking about the time he went on a fun run or a hike and it is just filled with embarrassing details.

Also, the space children gave us the Satellite of Love TV show, and it's Spanish counterpart.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cemetry Gator posted:

One of my favorites is Mike talking about the time he went on a fun run or a hike and it is just filled with embarrassing details.

Also, the space children gave us the Satellite of Love TV show, and it's Spanish counterpart.

I love Mike's bi-polar attempt at trying to convince the children to keep from sending them the movie.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Dawgstar posted:

I love Mike's bi-polar attempt at trying to convince the children to keep from sending them the movie.

Overall, the Sci-Fi years had a ton of great sketches, even without continuity. Less we forget the Canada bashing song.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cemetry Gator posted:

Overall, the Sci-Fi years had a ton of great sketches, even without continuity. Less we forget the Canada bashing song.

Pardon et moi! Pardon et moi!...*sobs*

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Neddy Seagoon posted:

*ahem* it's Pardonnez moi :eng101:

(sorry sorry I'm trying to take it down)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mustn't hate! At least so overtly.

My favorite line in any of the sketches comes from Brain Guy: "My race is pacifist and doesn't believe in war. We only kill out of personal spite."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Another Bill posted:

*ahem* it's Pardonnez moi :eng101:

(sorry sorry I'm trying to take it down)

I have no sense of proportion, I'M A DISGRACE TO MY UNIFORM! :cripes:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cemetry Gator posted:

I got a huge laugh at the beginning of Revenge of the Creature after several minutes of Bobo bringing Mike up to date and then telling him what this week's movie would be.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
There are worse places to apply ointment!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Cemetry Gator posted:

If it’s true that the walk was between Batavia and St. Charles, I think I know exactly which McDonalds/gas station he was talking about. The Amoco is now a title loan office, but I think we can still have it added to the National Register of Historic Places.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That was actually Joel, I think in either Catalina Caper or The Beatniks. Mike did have that one rant about how some guy cost him a temp job though, that lasted with him fuming about it (while the bots stood around awkwardly) through the commercial break.

I liked the one where he was making the baking soda bomb, and ranting about how he used to make those and got fired for it, and just getting angrier and angrier, using bigger and bigger baking soda boxes to fill it.

Also, "You people bring matches for Mikey?"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Just WORK the LUMPS, Mike!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TVs Ian posted:

I liked the one where he was making the baking soda bomb, and ranting about how he used to make those and got fired for it, and just getting angrier and angrier, using bigger and bigger baking soda boxes to fill it.

Also, "You people bring matches for Mikey?"

DON'T YOU BE GIVIN' MIKEY NO MATCHES!!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

DON'T YOU BE GIVIN' MIKEY NO MATCHES!!!

I DON'T CARE IF MIKEY COME CRAWLING IN THROUGH YOUR WINDOW, STARK NAKED WITH A BIG OLD KNIFE! DON'T YOU GIVE NO MATCHES TO MIKEY! DON'T YOU GIVE NO MATCHES!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
[Screeches in llama]

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

John Murdoch posted:

Just WORK the LUMPS, Mike!

"Meet our two colorful playmates, Bolus and Horseflop."
"What do they do?"
"Oh, gather animal hair and dander, mostly. "

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’ve been watching Phantom planet and man, bouncing off of every time. Is it just me or is the film remarkably generic for a subject most sci-fi films are about?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

I’ve been watching Phantom planet and man, bouncing off of every time. Is it just me or is the film remarkably generic for a subject most sci-fi films are about?

You know Golden Bee, every year of my life, I become more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to focus our attention on the good and the beautiful, if we just take the time to look at it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Golden Bee posted:

It's very cloying sci-fi, perhaps an apex example of the typical MST movie by being super-white, super-talky and super-boring but because it's in SPACE people were supposed to be entertained.

Or as Crow says: Somehow the answer to all its questions is big white guys in jumpsuits.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

muscles like this! posted:

You know Golden Bee, every year of my life, I become more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to focus our attention on the good and the beautiful, if we just take the time to look at it.
You're some guy, muscles like this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Moe_Rahn posted:

You're some guy, muscles like this.

Is that stud...coming?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I came in at the end, but apparently RiffTrax has a film called Star Games which features not just writing and directing (air quotes as needed) by the beloved auteur Greydon Clark but also most of his family in featured roles.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
star games is... something else, yeah.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

star games is... something else, Yeaaah!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dawgstar posted:

The Giant Spider Invasion live show was a delight. It featured a truly horrifying short with marionettes who control the telecommunications system, and the unedited version of 'Invasion' is... certainly a thing. There's a line Mike says in the MST version that went something like "And the movie ramps up the repulsion!" when Farmer Back Brace is chasing his teenage sister-in-law and there's a lot more of that in the full film. I mean, good God, Wisconsin. What's your deal?

They showed the un-MSTed Giant Spider Invasion at the Milwaukee Film Fest a few years ago and they had the director Bill Rebane come out and intro it. He just looked into the crowd and said something along the lines of "I don't know why any of you are here or why you want to watch this".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

robot roll call posted:

They showed the un-MSTed Giant Spider Invasion at the Milwaukee Film Fest a few years ago and they had the director Bill Rebane come out and intro it. He just looked into the crowd and said something along the lines of "I don't know why any of you are here or why you want to watch this".

Refreshingly self aware.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

robot roll call posted:

There are certainly MST/RiffTrax movies that I enjoy un-riffed, but I honestly couldn't see Spider Invasion being one of them. In the same genre it's certainly nothing like, say, 'Them!' which I think is a really good movie for being about giant atomic ants.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

Is that stud...coming?

This thing's all over my rear end, man, it's going to tear me up!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dawgstar posted:

In the same genre it's certainly nothing like, say, 'Them!' which I think is a really good movie

let's not say things we can't take back

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Chokes McGee posted:

let's not say things we can't take back

He's right though

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

dentist toy box posted:

He's right though

it's spreading :stonk:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

it's spreading :stonk:

What is your issue with Them by the by

Genuinely curious

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Empire of the Ants, that's how you make a bad giant killer ant movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RiffTrax is running a 15% off Labor Day sale for the interested. I'm tempted to pick up that very odd Scottish horror sci-fi flick Mary Jo and Bridget did whose name I forget, or maybe Uninvited with the cat who barfs a smaller cat to kill people.