Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is We Happy Few as bad as I've heard? Like ive seen videos where you are supposed to sneak by guards but the player just walks past them and they don't react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

twistedmentat posted:

Is We Happy Few as bad as I've heard? Like ive seen videos where you are supposed to sneak by guards but the player just walks past them and they don't react.

I don't know how much they've patched it since, but check out Giant Bomb's quicklook of it. It looks really bad in that. The whole game is just a hot mess where they everything they showed off before release was a scripted tutorial area and it turned out the main game as procedurally generated poo poo.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know how much they've patched it since, but check out Giant Bomb's quicklook of it. It looks really bad in that. The whole game is just a hot mess where they everything they showed off before release was a scripted tutorial area and it turned out the main game as procedurally generated poo poo.
That was the early access version, though, where they deliberately stripped out most of the narrative elements because they didn't want to give the story away until later in development. That GiantBomb Unfinished was from way before the game was finished.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

The Giant Bomb Quick Look (not the Unfinished) was only a year ago and it still looked really boring and bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We Happy Few made me want a game based on Equilibrium instead.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

I said come in! posted:

We Happy Few made me want a game based on Equilibrium instead.

Max Payne 2 has an Equilibrium mod. Haven't played it in like 13 years but I remember it owning.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's a wonder to me that no games have really nailed a satisfying attempt at gun-fu/yuen wo ping kung fu fighting. I would think that would be all anyone was working on after The Matrix came out. It seems like we've got bits and pieces from certain game and the Arkham Asylum style chain-fighting thing is sooooort of close but not really.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Cojawfee posted:

weewee crappy poo :effort:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's a wonder to me that no games have really nailed a satisfying attempt at gun-fu/yuen wo ping kung fu fighting. I would think that would be all anyone was working on after The Matrix came out. It seems like we've got bits and pieces from certain game and the Arkham Asylum style chain-fighting thing is sooooort of close but not really.

Stranglehold was a lot if fun from memory.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I liked Stranglehold. It really suffered from a bad case of Really Bad Early Level.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Shadow warrior 2 on gamepass is a game I had never heard of before. But I loaded it up to check and it is literally this with a bit of magic and cuss words strewn in. I think it has to be a sleeper hit.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Don't forget Gunz.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also is there any way to check achievements in the Xbox beta app on pc?

I don’t think you can, you still need to use the “console companion” app which is what they renamed the old Xbox app to

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Shadow warrior 2 on gamepass is a game I had never heard of before. But I loaded it up to check and it is literally this with a bit of magic and cuss words strewn in. I think it has to be a sleeper hit.

Its really bad compared to the first one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Its really bad compared to the first one

Love to grind for +3% ice damage drops.

The most ridiculous part is you basically dont have to interact with the system whatsoever, I beat the game basically never touching it and difficulty was mostly fine so what the hell was even the point.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

TheScott2K posted:

I liked Stranglehold. It really suffered from a bad case of Really Bad Early Level.

You talking about seaside drug labs? gently caress that level.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Blair Witch looks promising. I'm working through Outlast and I have lost weight doing so.

Alien: Isolation is one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Anyone who can, should play it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

twistedmentat posted:

I enjoyed it enough to 100% it, but it's a weird Frankenstein's monster of a game in that, being a Kickstarter, you can tell the developers tried to please whatever their backers desired. So they added procedurally generated worlds, a survival mechanic, a crafting system etc. and it's average at best at all those things and in some cases rather buggy.

The game has had a number of patches so I didn't encounter too money bugs. But it's one of those games you want to save across multiple slots so you have backups if you get stuck.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dear Microsoft,

Please buy Sega and put Chu Chu Rocket on gamepass

Disposable Scud posted:

That level sucks so hard I remember it better than later levels which my vague memory says were better (the museum was cool even if the boss sucked).

I think what really hurt it was the Demo was way too good and Seaside sucked so hard anyone who got the game badmouthed it to whoever had played the demo because Seaside has like one quarter the cool stuff the first level has.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Disposable Scud posted:

I've thought about replaying that game and said "gently caress that" after remembering those drug labs

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Barudak posted:

Dear Microsoft,

Please buy Sega and put Chu Chu Rocket Jet Set Radio Future on gamepass

( fixed it for you )

Also make it backwards compatible. Get the licenses i dont care what you have to do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fanatic posted:

I enjoyed it enough to 100% it, but it's a weird Frankenstein's monster of a game in that, being a Kickstarter, you can tell the developers tried to please whatever their backers desired. So they added procedurally generated worlds, a survival mechanic, a crafting system etc. and it's average at best at all those things and in some cases rather buggy.

The game has had a number of patches so I didn't encounter too money bugs. But it's one of those games you want to save across multiple slots so you have backups if you get stuck.

I may give it a try at some point its look is pretty interesting. But you're right, they tried to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

twistedmentat posted:

I couldn't stand it long enough to leave the first room because of how slow and unresponsive the controls felt.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

The thing that annoyed me the most was all the running.

Depending on how the world generates, the fast travel locations can sometimes end up really far from objectives so you end up running across large empty spaces (spamming speed drugs if you have them). I think a penny-farthing bicycle would've been a great fit for the game.

Also, everything, even your shoes degrade over time so if your shoes fall apart you run even slower. :suicide:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What's the pattern for sales on the marketplace, what days does it update?
Is there a wishlist on the 360, apart from pinning poo poo?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So it does have achievements, win10 game pass that is.

I hit one while playing Ark last night.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I'd expect achievements to eventually be a requirement for games in the Win 10 Xbox store, they just allowed a ton of exceptions for the launch and a bit beyond to make sure there was enough content.

Source: making a win 10 game pass launch game that didn't have achievements but it got waived, the rest is my own supposition.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

What's the pattern for sales on the marketplace, what days does it update?
Is there a wishlist on the 360, apart from pinning poo poo?

They have weekly sales for both consoles every Monday aswell as larger sales for various events (like E3) and holidays. I use TA for wishlists and sales info: https://www.trueachievements.com/products/xbox-sales

Otherwise, you could use https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/wishlist for wishlists. I'm not sure about on the console itself.

Akuma posted:

I'd expect achievements to eventually be a requirement for games in the Win 10 Xbox store, they just allowed a ton of exceptions for the launch and a bit beyond to make sure there was enough content.

Source: making a win 10 game pass launch game that didn't have achievements but it got waived, the rest is my own supposition.

Yeah they are slowly adding achievement support to pre-existing games. Kingdom Come: Deliverance just got them a few days ago.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The 360 doesn't have any on-console wishlist function, and it's unlikely they'll bother to add one at this point. What with it hitting its 14th birthday this fall and all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Speaking of Kingdom Come Deliverance, the combat sucks rear end. I got into a fight with a guy who owed my dad money and I felt like I was playing that VR barfight game. When I saw it being toted at "realistic medieval combat" that should have been a warning sign.

I should probably just give in and try Metro Exodus.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of Kingdom Come Deliverance, the combat sucks rear end. I got into a fight with a guy who owed my dad money and I felt like I was playing that VR barfight game. When I saw it being toted at "realistic medieval combat" that should have been a warning sign.

I should probably just give in and try Metro Exodus.

The combat is genuinely obtuse to a fault. Lockpicking is also disgracefully difficult.
I laughed hard when I tried to read my first book.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The combat is genuinely obtuse to a fault. Lockpicking is also disgracefully difficult.
I laughed hard when I tried to read my first book.

Like I found the combat in For Honour hard, but like i beat Dark Souls 1 2 and 3, so i should be able to get used to any system, but this just feels like i'm a drunken toddler.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Alien: Isolation is one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Anyone who can, should play it.

I lived at my mother in laws for a summer and tried to play Dead Space 1 with headphones on while my wife and brother in law were in the room and I had to quit because I jumped and yelped and they laughed at me. It's brought up at least once a year now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Like I found the combat in For Honour hard, but like i beat Dark Souls 1 2 and 3, so i should be able to get used to any system, but this just feels like i'm a drunken toddler.

Dark souls isnt torture to control unless you are playing with a mouse. For honor is challenging because its rock paper scissor vs another human who may or may not know the really broken moves to spam. Kingdom come is a eurojank pc title by some guys who seem like they think they know better than everyone else so its s complete horror show of weird inputs

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Real hurthling! posted:

Dark souls isnt torture to control unless you are playing with a mouse. For honor is challenging because its rock paper scissor vs another human who may or may not know the really broken moves to spam. Kingdom come is a eurojank pc title by some guys who seem like they think they know better than everyone else so its s complete horror show of weird inputs

It feels like they used the "realistic" stuff to cover they just wanted to make a game without women and non whites. Like the instant I couidnt create a character and was stuck with some wiener nerd I had a bad feeling.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I lived at my mother in laws for a summer and tried to play Dead Space 1 with headphones on while my wife and brother in law were in the room and I had to quit because I jumped and yelped and they laughed at me. It's brought up at least once a year now.

Another great game, it's aged really well too. The thing with Isolation, though, is that it triggers ancient terror in me.

I watched Alien and Aliens probably when I was about 7 or 8 and I don't think you can create that kind of everlasting fear when you're older.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel married into a family that bullies him for playing things that arent cod or elder scrolls.
So many cries for help over the years. Never too overt, his accounts are all monitored closely.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

How does Control run on a One X?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

A Sometimes Food posted:

How does Control run on a One X?

Pretty good other than a bit of stuttering when loading levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Disposable Scud posted:

Pretty good other than a bit of stuttering when loading levels.

Cheers.