Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Egg Inc talk:

Man, I think that if you can't afford to upgrade your shipping, and it tops out, any and all excess eggs should then be automatically added to your coops/habs

Right now, I'm about 90M chickens away from the 250M for gold Medicinal trophy (15M soul eggs, yessssssss), and I've updated my habs to be able to house something like 278M, so my shipping rate topping out doesn't matter that much to me right now, but it'd sure be nice to have an optional boost at the expense of continually shipping a greater amount every minute, or however that works.

WELP.

I was just messing around and accidentally touched the sell farm/upgrade button when I was 217/250 million for the gold trophy.

I just uninstalled. My fault, but I'm also wasting way too much time on this dumb game, and this was the breaking point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Well the core gameplay doesn't evolve much, you just get more things to juggle. I've mostly fallen off of it, but it held me for a good couple weeks. Solid innovation in the genre, somewhat crippled by timers and energy mechanics.

If you're making a shop game look at Recettear for inspiration instead of (insert timer based mobile game).

Well mobile games are my only option at the moment due to being out of town for work stuff, but yeah, I am already getting a taste of the juggling it seems like.
I mostly just like having something mindless to plug away at when I'm not in the mood to load up FGO.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sproggiwood is on sale for $0.99. Isn't the dev a goon?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Sproggiwood is on sale for $0.99. Isn't the dev a goon?

Yup. I remember reading posts long ago in the Making Games Megathread/Game Development Megathread as they made progress on it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

And eventually, the dev's magnum opus, Caves of Qud, will hopefully be coming to mobile. :ohdear:

That game is so incredibly good.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

And eventually, the dev's magnum opus, Caves of Qud, will hopefully be coming to mobile. :ohdear:

That game is so incredibly good.

I've tried to get into qud so many times but just never understand it. I play a fair share of roguelikes too but for some reason qud just doesn't click for me.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is there something I'm missing with the Lucent Veil in AFK that the last chest being guarded just curbstomps you after you breeze through the rest of the dungeon?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I punted another inactive from the AFK Arena guild, so we have an open spot.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bandire posted:

I punted another inactive from the AFK Arena guild, so we have an open spot.

Applying as Nephzinho, once my cooldown is up.

e; Just left, so it'l be an hour.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nephzinho posted:

Is there something I'm missing with the Lucent Veil in AFK that the last chest being guarded just curbstomps you after you breeze through the rest of the dungeon?

As far as I can tell you just gotta level up.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

App is in.

Yeah my team is level 100 and the thing is open another week, should be plenty of time to get through.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
There are 4 relics that if you get them together can make the labyrinth, peaks of time and voyage of wonders much easier.

Sunstone = allies with 50% or higher health constantly regen energy
Moonstone = allies with 50% or higher energy constantly regen health

Having both of them doubles their effects

Icebringer and firebringer = one reduces enemy attack rating everytime your guys land a hit. The other reduces enemy defense ratings on every hit you land.

Those 4 relics make things much easier. In some peaks of time or voyage it can make sense to restart if the first few chests don't give you one or two of them.

https://www.afkarena.net/relics

If you ever plan on doing hard mode wrizz the relic for Kaz which makes every attack poison and stackable trivializes him if you have a decent Kaz or can get one in a wagon

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

In Egg, Inc, what is the qualification to prestige? In other idle games I've played with the prestige mechanic, it's usually best to prestige as soon as you need to start idling a bunch, but I'm up to super material eggs and still not allowed even after I would have prestiged on previous levels (basically I let it idle however long the two free silos went and when I came back I could level up to the next farm).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

taiyoko posted:

In Egg, Inc, what is the qualification to prestige? In other idle games I've played with the prestige mechanic, it's usually best to prestige as soon as you need to start idling a bunch, but I'm up to super material eggs and still not allowed even after I would have prestiged on previous levels (basically I let it idle however long the two free silos went and when I came back I could level up to the next farm).

Not allowed? I don't remember not being allowed to prestige. Like, I thought you could literally do it at any moment, even if you've only saved up 1 soul egg. That's be a horrible waste of time, but I thought it was still possible.

I normally hold off on prestiging until I'm barely gaining any more soul eggs, but also if I'm VERY far away from the next egg upgrade. I mean if I'm practically an order of magnitude away from the next one. If the upgrade is at something like 180 octillion, and I'm at 10 octillion, I'd definitely wait. If I haven't cracked 1 octillion, though, and everything's slowed down to a crawl (earnings and being able to afford research, too, of course, not just soul eggs), I'd definitely prestige at that point.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Resdfru posted:

Sunstone = allies with 50% or higher health constantly regen energy
Moonstone = allies with 50% or higher energy constantly regen health
Also the ring that increases health regen by up to 80%.

One thing I wonder is if the %leech artifacts will add it to characters who don't have it, or if it adds a % boost only to characters who already have it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also the ring that increases health regen by up to 80%.

One thing I wonder is if the %leech artifacts will add it to characters who don't have it, or if it adds a % boost only to characters who already have it.

That reminds me - one thing that is not obvious or documented is that the artifacts that give you bonuses if you win battles are actually retroactive, NOT for battles you win after you get them.

Nephzinho posted:

As was quoted, if you get fire+ice bringer and moon + sunstone you should be golden. The nice thing is with this one you can click on the chests to preview the artifacts, so you can just restart until you get the good ones.

Also, my opinion is that this pvp event sucks. My maulers are pretty low ascension/level so I can't actually... win any battles with them.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Bobby Deluxe posted:

From what I've read, the latter.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Not allowed? I don't remember not being allowed to prestige. Like, I thought you could literally do it at any moment, even if you've only saved up 1 soul egg. That's be a horrible waste of time, but I thought it was still possible.

I normally hold off on prestiging until I'm barely gaining any more soul eggs, but also if I'm VERY far away from the next egg upgrade. I mean if I'm practically an order of magnitude away from the next one. If the upgrade is at something like 180 octillion, and I'm at 10 octillion, I'd definitely wait. If I haven't cracked 1 octillion, though, and everything's slowed down to a crawl (earnings and being able to afford research, too, of course, not just soul eggs), I'd definitely prestige at that point.

Then how do you get soul eggs? I haven't gotten any yet.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
You get them by making money. Hang in there, soul eggs will start coming soon enough.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh, you haven't gotten any soul eggs at all? Ok, that makes sense that you can't prestige. The whole point is that it takes however many soul eggs you've earned at the time of prestiging, and then uses them as a multiplier for your baseline cash after that. So if you're soul eggs add up to a multiplayer worth $1 million, and you've prestiged and are now producing the standard eggs, those are no longer worth $0.25, each, but rather $250,000 each.

EDIT: I should mention that each soul egg is worth a certain amount. You don't need 1 million to have them multiply your egg value by 1 million.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

taiyoko posted:

You are confusing Prestige with upgrading to the newer farm. They are different things.

You can upgrade to the next farm by getting the current farm value high enough. You can see you current farm value and also the Next Egg/Farm value you need by hitting the Egg in the upper right hand corner.

For prestige you can do it pretty much anytime you want. You just hit the Main Menu button (9 dots in a 3x3 grid). Prestige is the 2nd option in there. It will tell you how many Soul Eggs you will get and a bunch of other info.

The difference between the two things is that Upgrading the farm you jump to the next farm but keep you current farm value and bonuses and such. When you Prestige you start from the basic egg farm again. You get the Soul Eggs bonus and also keep a bunch of other upgrades but you have to work your way up through the farms again.

You can skip farms when upgrading if you have enough farm value to go up 2 or 3 farms at once. This happens a lot once you get a bunch of Soul Eggs.

It is worth it to Prestige if you stagnate and don't seem to be making progress towards the next farm. You will get back to the spot you were fairly quickly and then pass it because now you have that extra Soul Egg bonus.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Dragongem posted:

That reminds me - one thing that is not obvious or documented is that the artifacts that give you bonuses if you win battles are actually retroactive, NOT for battles you win after you get them.

Also, my opinion is that this pvp event sucks. My maulers are pretty low ascension/level so I can't actually... win any battles with them.

Ah, I've always wondered if those were retroactive, cool.

And yes I agree, this is the worst event. Hopefully the next one will be better.

By the way, there is a developer feedback thread on reddit. Coolest tidbit imo is they're looking into a equip best in slot button which will be amazing for the faction towers

https://www.reddit.com/r/afkarena/comments/cud4fu/weekly_developer_feedback_08232019/

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm actually happy with it, I've been trading the emblems in for gems and have managed to get a draw 10 every day, where I normally only get one every 2-3 days. Helped me get a legendary Henrik anyway.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Any recommendations for good racing games? Paid or otherwise, though I'd like to stay away from F2P with timers and poo poo. Not interested in any of the 'Manager' games.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Nephzinho posted:

A tip that helped me beat it was to use Athalia, if you have her - she will stun the sword guy (I forget his name) and stop him from doing the whirlwind that wipes half your team.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Dragongem posted:

You can use your three friend mercenaries as many times as you want in the pvp event so just grab some that fill in for the emblems you want.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
On egg Inc, there is a trick with the daily rewards when you get cash. If you don't open it until after you prestige (or start a new contract), you get the money you would have gotten at your original stage. It's a bit cheesy, but doesn't feel like a complete exploit like messing with your phones time.

Anyways, it accelerated progress enough that I'm still interested in the game, and don't have to be carried in every contract.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Dragongem posted:

As was quoted, if you get fire+ice bringer and moon + sunstone you should be golden. The nice thing is with this one you can click on the chests to preview the artifacts, so you can just restart until you get the good ones.
Was getting destroyed there, so I re-rerolled till I got Fire/Icebringer, and Moon/Sunstone. Along with Lightbringer and Mage boosters, easily beat the final boss, only losing Athalia in the final battle.
Got a purple Tasi as reward, combined with another and a Leg Tasi for Leg+, then ate a Leg+ Ira, and ended up with a Mythic Tasi.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Any recommendations for good racing games? Paid or otherwise, though I'd like to stay away from F2P with timers and poo poo. Not interested in any of the 'Manager' games.

The reckless racing series, absolute drift and the paid NFS games are decent enough. F2P wise asphalt is the best looking

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Meydey posted:

Was getting destroyed there, so I re-rerolled till I got Fire/Icebringer, and Moon/Sunstone. Along with Lightbringer and Mage boosters, easily beat the final boss, only losing Athalia in the final battle.
Got a purple Tasi as reward, combined with another and a Leg Tasi for Leg+, then ate a Leg+ Ira, and ended up with a Mythic Tasi.

Nice. I am struggling to not just feed my L+ Arden to my Tasi or Nemora. I know he's still supposedly useful, but I just hit the level 160 hero wall and don't have a Wilder mythic yet.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is difficulty scaled on average level or lowest level? Like if I level one or two of my dudes to 160 and have 3/5 stuck at 100 because it's the elite cap, are enemies scaled to level 100?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is difficulty scaled on average level or lowest level? Like if I level one or two of my dudes to 160 and have 3/5 stuck at 100 because it's the elite cap, are enemies scaled to level 100?

A post from the devs in that reddit thread I posted

🔴Suggestion 9:

The scaling of Voyage/Labyrinth should not consider total-account-power. It discourages equipping and ascending all my heroes out of fear that they increase scaling while my mainteam did not get stronger. It can lead to situations where suddenly Labyrinth is really hard (or the voyage unbeatable) because on made the mistake of equipping all heroes and putting as many into the resonating crystal as possible. It does not feel natural to avoid being powerful just because of scaling issues

• Feedback: Voyage and Labyrinth's difficulty is actually based on your 5 strongest heroes with their equipment and how you used them in the past. Removing the equipment before entering the Labyrinth is generally pointless.

"how you used them in the past" needs clarification imo

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
any .apk links yet for the new Supercell game Rush Wars?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Installing Rush Wars from an apk gave me an error message, but using a VPN (CAN/AUS/NZ) and then creating a new Google account allowed me to download it from Play Store.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Anyone else playing Rush Wars? Ive just gotten to level 3 and unlocked teams. Anyone started an SA one yet?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Dragongem posted:

what the gently caress

Edit: my best guess is that "how you used them in the past" means if you had someone equipped to 50k or whatever for weeks then unequipping them day of won't affect how they're counted

Edit2: fuckin game gives me a team bounty that needs a red hero and I have 0 red heroes

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 27, 2019

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Alright, guess I'll see what this AFK Arena is that all the kids are talking about.

How soon can I expect to max out my level by saving an old man, or perhaps pull pins out of weird contraptions to get a pile of treasure from a dragon? This is very important.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

victorious posted:

Anyone else playing Rush Wars? Ive just gotten to level 3 and unlocked teams. Anyone started an SA one yet?

I've tried it, seems good so far. I think it's region locked for now so might be a while before :goon:

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Morpheus posted:

Alright, guess I'll see what this AFK Arena is that all the kids are talking about.

How soon can I expect to max out my level by saving an old man, or perhaps pull pins out of weird contraptions to get a pile of treasure from a dragon? This is very important.

You will spend years of your life waiting, every waking moment perched on the precipice of your consciousness, for a moment that never comes. Chasing the dragon, you will find your life savings dwindling as you recklessly spend to reach evermore for that unattainable milestone. You will miss family events, weddings, the birth of your child -- forever adhered to the taunting machinations of the progress you cannot reach. You will die cold and alone, abandoned by all who love you. Clutching your cell phone to your chest, your final breathless words crossing your crackled lips, "just one more level up..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Lone Goat posted:

I've tried it, seems good so far. I think it's region locked for now so might be a while before :goon:

somebody link the dang .apk