Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
thoughts on if a Democrat other than Bernie beats Trump in 2020?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
today is the greatest crack ping of them all

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Chuka Umana posted:

They won't provide an immediate economic stimulus like Bernie would, so most of their presidency will be completely ignored by everyone in favor of the upcoming crash and second great depression. They'd be forgotten by history

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

beto sex cramp posted:

twoday can you score me one of those ancient books where a dude documents various demons with illustrations

that seems like the kind of thing you'd find in a dutch used book store

it'd be cool if this was adapted for 2019

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

idiot has to label everything like ben garrison

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

sinnesloeschen posted:

Barton fink loving owns

the barton fink simpsons gag is pretty good too

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Lastgirl posted:

i'd 3D print a fiberoptic dress that lights up at night

no fiberoptics, but similar concept:
https://vimeo.com/136221313

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LA Times posted:

In the fifth episode of the last season of Netflix’s “Orange Is the New Black,” the character Maritza, who has been languishing in an immigrant detention center, finds out about a toll-free hotline she can call to get a free lawyer.

As she’s rejoicing, another character, Gloria, cuts her off. Gloria warns Maritza: “You have to be careful, though. Apparently if they figure out that you’re using the hotline, Big Brother shuts it down.”

That’s exactly what happened, advocates say. Immigration and Customs Enforcement shut down a real hotline for detained immigrants run by the California group Freedom for Immigrants less than two weeks after it was prominently featured on the show.

quote:

ICE spokesman Shawn Neudauer did not respond to a list of specific questions about the termination of the Freedom for Immigrants hotline. But he said detainees are allowed to make free calls to legal service providers on the ICE-approved list “for the purpose of obtaining initial legal representation.”

“Pro bono organizations found to be violating these rules may be removed from the platform,” he said.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sadbrain McCain has logged on

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

death

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I have never once listened to bahaus lol

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmebaBonita/status/1164644398581387264

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/RetroNewsNow/status/1165094256081612800

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArthurSchwartz/status/1165003819413135360

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

beto sex cramp posted:

twoday can you score me one of those ancient books where a dude documents various demons with illustrations

that seems like the kind of thing you'd find in a dutch used book store

I'll look next time I'm in the used book store, but that stuff is pretty rare, even I don't have one. The best I ever managed to find in decades of looking through used book stores was a German book about the Kabbalah from the 1930's. Most of the copies were burnt by the Nazis. I have a copy of volume 4 (of 7 or 8)

However, I did recently stumble across a modern printer here who makes exactly this, and their books seem dope as hell:

https://www.aeonsophiapress.com/

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow very cool. thanks!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if you want those kind of books you need to sneak into catabombs and start ripping bricks out of support pillars to reveal hidden caches

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao male lions are like 500 pounds

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow i mean cancer is certainly divisive. certainly people have strong epinions about cancer

i personally believe that foul langauge is far worse. smdh

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

Started watching the Boys, getting right into it yo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

if you want those kind of books you need to sneak into catabombs and start ripping bricks out of support pillars to reveal hidden caches

just go to that place ray buys tobins spirit guide its in like, flatbush? i think

twoday
May 4, 2005

some of them are insanely expensive because they are hand bound and they probably only make those on demand, but they have slightly cheaper versions too (under $100) and I bet those are pretty crazy too

no idea what the hell is in these books, never heard of any of this poo poo

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

twoday posted:

In contrast, diseases are commonly used as swear words in Dutch. Instead of telling someone to go gently caress themselves, you say "go get typhus" or "die of the plague." But they have been saying that since the middle ages so most of these diseases don't even exist anymore, but are preserved only in curse words. Because of this long history, diseases as swear words have lost their edge and become pretty mild. So now it's common to add the word "kanker" (cancer) to stuff that mildly displeases you. You didn't like that sandwich you ate for lunch, so you call it a "cancer sandwich" which means you didn't like it

Even small children are allowed to use words like "gently caress" and "poo poo" because they are considered to be relatively mild curses akin to "darn" and "gosh." These don't compare to the level of profanity which is achieved by an adult who is swearing about something, which is expressed by stringing together the names of several medieval diseases or bodily functions. It's like a whole next level of profanity unique to the Dutch language. So if you wanted to tell someone to gently caress off with their lovely sandwich, you could say "rot op met je kankerbroodje, pisvlek," which means "go rot with your cancer sandwich, you piss stain." So the standard level of cursing in Dutch is like 3 times more extreme than in English, which owns. This concludes my Dutch lesson for today.

holyshit , piiiiss

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tro Nus

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1164974028777500673?s=20

how much to make c-spam forget this whole "trmuop" thing?

never

I'll never stop trempin'

twoday
May 4, 2005

it seems to be the sort of book that only an actual IRL wizard would own

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That sounds like an interview with Zaphod Beeblebrox but with more child sex references.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Trivmp

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chuka Umana posted:

it's not going to happen

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

TEPq

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best

TRONUS

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEkOVdUjHc

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1164974028777500673?s=20

how much to make c-spam forget this whole "trmuop" thing?

you're gonna see more and more of this, as leadbrain and wormbrain start to work symbiotically

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

and i mean you specifically cos youre joe bidens son

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Chuka Umana posted:

I'm more of a non-fiction guy these days sorry

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Nonsense posted:

lmao male lions are like 500 pounds

reposting from a couple pages ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=099VKn9jCcQ