Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
God drat the Coldheart is so good in Gambit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's extremely good in crucible too.

The only reason you don't see it is because most people have trouble keeping it loaded, it sucks up ammo fast.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yeah, all the special ammo weapons seem to have absolutely nothing in the Crucible. But sometimes it's enough, like with the Telesto.
I've never been a huge Crucible player but those two are really helping me eke out the kills I needed for the solstice armor!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I can't use twilight oath after getting used to having snapshot

Same. Going back to something without it feels slow.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was doing nascent quest 3/5 and I had the code for Olympus descent, found the node, opened it, didn’t get any advance on that quest but got a tick on completion for the other nodes quest but never got the next step for nascent 4/5 and while I have 12 resonate stems and no node codes I can’t seem to generate any new node codes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

goblin week posted:

Yeah, all the special ammo weapons seem to have absolutely nothing in the Crucible. But sometimes it's enough, like with the Telesto.
I've never been a huge Crucible player but those two are really helping me eke out the kills I needed for the solstice armor!

Special is pretty well balanced across the board (except for ammo pickups), you get two kills worth of ammo on spawn. Trace rifles are unique because they use a set amount of ammo per tick.. like if you miss one of your two shots with a sniper, it's aww gently caress but I still got one more try. You burn 40 ammo flailing your aim with a trace rifle and you can't kill anything.

(the problem with special pickups is the short range special weapons are extremely rewarding because the ammo drops right next to you every time you kill, so a shotgun/fusion rear end in a top hat can play an entire game without ever touching their primary)

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Emron posted:

Got a good twilight oath last night. Smallbore, Accurized, opening shot, box breathing. I put range mw on it because it has low inherent range.

gently caress that's a tasty roll. Wait and see how easy it is to get headshots with box breathing active.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I can't use twilight oath after getting used to having snapshot

It's pretty decent if you have an advanced sniper helm.

If you don't the ads time will drive you mad

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
gently caress I always forget that the Targeting Helm affects ADS Speed. Sometimes i feel like my Twilight Oath is fast enough (it has Handling MW), but other times it's unbearable.

That would be the difference!!

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I suck at sniping and was trying to tank my Glory while farming kills for Revoker and the drat Twilight Oath kept killing people arrgh.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

gently caress I always forget that the Targeting Helm affects ADS Speed. Sometimes i feel like my Twilight Oath is fast enough (it has Handling MW), but other times it's unbearable.

That would be the difference!!

woah woah whoa new info

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rubellavator posted:

woah woah whoa new info

Good friend and quality poster "xzzy" made this gif

https://i.imgur.com/ufRtzwE.gifv

Top left: Precision Targeting

Bottom left: Nothing ...................... Bottom Right: Enhanced Sniper

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

It's pretty decent if you have an advanced sniper helm.

If you don't the ads time will drive you mad

I'm using OEM with enhanced hc targeting don't hate the player hate the game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1165039845527425024

Can a PS4 even fit up a koala’s rear end?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Same.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

actionjackson posted:

I don't need reason to hate this game

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Get power gently caress scrubs

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm the hunter in this clip

https://i.imgur.com/mF9WDRz.gifv

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

This is how they'll wean the Eliksni off Ether in Destiny 3, actually

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Press X to insert Light suppository for Spider.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TURNBACK04 would be a great GT

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
Started playing again and completed the quest line "The Invitation" on my warlock. None of the rewards showed up on my Hunter and Titan when I went back and checked with Werner and Benedict. Am I just screwed on those characters now? It's going to be a hell of a grind to get them to 700 power from the 300 - 400 power they are at now if thats the case.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you are screwed, all their gear is going to be bumped to 750 power on October 1 so at least you aren't permanently screwed.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

xzzy posted:

If you are screwed, all their gear is going to be bumped to 750 power on October 1 so at least you aren't permanently screwed.

True. Was trying to get them decked out in 700 gear for the iron banner that's coming up so it wouldn't be a complete curb stomping while I grinded. Ah well, looks like my warlock is going to get a lot of love until October rolls around.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

I wonder if that include characters created but with a very low level. Will my alts be bumped to 750 despite being like level 30?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Beach Party posted:

Started playing again and completed the quest line "The Invitation" on my warlock. None of the rewards showed up on my Hunter and Titan when I went back and checked with Werner and Benedict. Am I just screwed on those characters now? It's going to be a hell of a grind to get them to 700 power from the 300 - 400 power they are at now if thats the case.

When those characters beat the Forsaken campaign, they'll get the rewards.

Or in 7 weeks they'll become 750 and never need to do the Forsaken campaign. Tough call!!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or in 7 weeks they'll become 750 and never need to do the Forsaken campaign. Tough call!!

Unless Bungie is adding a "dismiss blinky icon" button, this is a damned lie from the pits of hell.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
What I want from Bungie in Shadowkeep is an setting to automatically break down blues you pick up.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When those characters beat the Forsaken campaign, they'll get the rewards.

Thanks for the heads up!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

What I want from Bungie in Shadowkeep is an setting to automatically break down blues you pick up.

*ROI era screencap of Aksis arena after an hour during that span of time they had greens start dropping for everyone but nothing auto decrypted*

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Road_runner.gifv

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Make everything purple and armor 2.0! some blues look really good but you'd never know it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The destiny fashion subreddit uses blues a lot. I see some outfit that’s straight dope af and every time turns out it’s some lowly blue set.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There’s literally no reason for blues in the game with infusion the way it is, even when leveling

Why the hell are there blues

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

It’s a very poorly constructed currency that requires holding down a button to redeem. After a certain very early point they should just award or drop the weapon parts and glimmer on the ground. I agree it’s completely dumb, but blues and shaders has always been the player’s economic backbone.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There’s literally no reason for blues in the game with infusion the way it is, even when leveling

Why the hell are there blues

did u no there are unique blue gears for doing the planet adventures

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Kinda of a shame because there were some unique greens and blues that could drop with weird perks in D1 and there were some hidden gems.

Now its just pointless

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Botheration still has excellent max kill range because the barrel is so long. Peak Destiny.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I forgot how much work on the psychological they’ve put in this game. They rely on many psychological tricks similar to gambling. The blues, besides an economic source, play an important role in the reward loop that keeps us playing. Dismantling them still has us unconsciously think to ourselves, “got something but nothing good.” It’s actually the disappointing or mediocre reward that reinforces the power of the actual food reward. So we chase it harder. And thus we play more. It’s pretty loving gross to think about but if the blues didn’t exist we would probably all have played this game for a tenth as long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

I forgot how much work on the psychological they’ve put in this game. They rely on many psychological tricks similar to gambling. The blues, besides an economic source, play an important role in the reward loop that keeps us playing. Dismantling them still has us unconsciously think to ourselves, “got something but nothing good.” It’s actually the disappointing or mediocre reward that reinforces the power of the actual food reward. So we chase it harder. And thus we play more. It’s pretty loving gross to think about but if the blues didn’t exist we would probably all have played this game for a tenth as long.

I hear what you're saying and am sure it's correct and accurate to some high degree but personally, this isn't the tinsiest bit true.

I'm interested in only a very small percentage of the weapons total, ever, and once I have a roll I'm content with, I'm finished. I never look at rolls after that, I just delete everything. Far, far more the case with armor and I delete all Prime engrams as they sit in my inventory. Truly, I find the " l o o t " in the game to be a big hindrance to my enjoyment. I wish there were an option to turn " l o o t " off so I never get drops of any sort. I do not give a crap.