Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

"Come see us, CIG, completely legitimate game development studio, but you gotta act fast!"

reminds me of the opening scene in 'lock,stock and two smoking barrels."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeztSCCX6VY&t=2s

TAXXE EDIT:

Rugganovich fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Bofast posted:

I think someone claimed earlier in the thread that Kazan had bragged about being a test engineer or similar, but I don't recall the details.

I'm pretty sure he's doxxed himself a few times as an appeal to authority.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

These complaints have gotten an edge of desperation to them. He really doesn't like what he's being told, over and over again, and he can't confidently refute it anymore. He's appealing to someone, anyone, to get these pesky doubters and critics out of his sight. If they just stop saying it, it stops being true!

AKA "Mods, mods!"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Is this why Ben couldn't find the other chair for that dumb sword ship?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
thread needs more Goffman (and Garfinkel/Sacks)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
and fluff balls

https://i.imgur.com/TKSvuSJ.mp4

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I dunno.

Maybe CIG is switching to Lumberyard?

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Thoatse posted:

Is this why Ben couldn't find the other chair for that dumb sword ship?

:lol:

That brings to mind another couple chapters of humorous fraud from this sham company. Wasn't there some kind of Valentine's Day promotion where you could buy two ships or something, with the hilarious limitation that you were still buying them both for yourself? Or that when you bought Star Citizen "swag" like t-shirts or whatever, if you bought more than one you had to ship each one in a separate box, each time incurring the maximum possible shipping fee.

It's been going on for so long, and they've done so much stupid poo poo, it's impossible to keep track of all this. There's more information about their legendary ineptitude over the bigger part of a decade now, I feel universities have enough to offer a loving doctorate degree for people who can get their heads around it all. Maybe in the future we'll see accredited Star Citizen historians on documentaries with bookshelves behind them filled with encyclopedic tomes documenting CIG's fraud and unforced errors, and they'll tip their half-moon glasses and tell the interviewer "I'll have to re-read on that one, I think I remember it, there's just so much here."

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Bootcha posted:

I dunno.

Maybe CIG is switching to Lumberyard?

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time.

that only takes two days tops

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1165119968943304704

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

But if sc is working with a reduced scale in order to make the maps appear bigger, then no, your spaceship is not the largest vehicle model in gaming history. In fact, it's probably smaller than the Halo warthog.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Sandi has been feeding Erin now Ben has left.

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Aug 24, 2019

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffpuff posted:

:lol:

That brings to mind another couple chapters of humorous fraud from this sham company. Wasn't there some kind of Valentine's Day promotion where you could buy two ships or something, with the hilarious limitation that you were still buying them both for yourself? Or that when you bought Star Citizen "swag" like t-shirts or whatever, if you bought more than one you had to ship each one in a separate box, each time incurring the maximum possible shipping fee.

It's been going on for so long, and they've done so much stupid poo poo, it's impossible to keep track of all this. There's more information about their legendary ineptitude over the bigger part of a decade now, I feel universities have enough to offer a loving doctorate degree for people who can get their heads around it all. Maybe in the future we'll see accredited Star Citizen historians on documentaries with bookshelves behind them filled with encyclopedic tomes documenting CIG's fraud and unforced errors, and they'll tip their half-moon glasses and tell the interviewer "I'll have to re-read on that one, I think I remember it, there's just so much here."

CIG did have a promotional package where you could buy a pair of ships for Valentine's Day.

Packages can not be split in half.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Huh :thunk:

If the average life expectancy of a person is 80 years, a Kickstarter backer would spent almost 10% of it waiting for Star Citizen and Squadron 42 :stonk:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scruffpuff posted:

It's rude to imply that Chris Roberts is ignorant of technology - after all, he assured us years and years ago that there were already servers at CIG running a full MMO universe background simulation complete with NPC completing missions, bounty hunting, and engaging in the crafting and manufacturing economy and dynamically responding to supply and demand in real time.

Very rude. I mean, just look at [url="https://"https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238#post467004223"]his 1993 statement about the trajectory of hardware[/url]:

Strike Commander manual posted:

Because of the power needed to implement such a 3-D system, nobody had previously dreamed of doing so on a PC. For us to pull off this software, we knew we had to make some risky assumptions. First, that the power-to-price ratio of PCs would continue to decline, thereby delivering affordable PCs of adequate speed to our target market. Second, and more importantly, that the same forces that had created a demand for Wing Commander — those power-hungry 386 owners — would generate a demand for games that exploited the next generation of PCs, the 486.

The 386 came out in 1985. The 486 came out in 1989. Development of Strike Commander began in 1990. The Pentium came out in 1993, as did SC. So yeah, it was a very risky assumption that the power of consumer PCs would skyrocket — who could have guessed that intel would follow their public roadmap? It's definitely a risky assumption that “the next generation, the 486” would have users (since it was the current generation, and everyone knew the next one was a 3-4 years away). And it was definitely risky to assume that the power-to-price ratio would decline, since that would mean that you'd get less and less power for your money, when everyone in the world was working hard (and succeeding in) making the exact opposite to happen.

So yes. It's very rude to imply that for the last quarter century, Chris has been a complete loving idiot who has had his hand on the pulse of technology in much the same way as a metro accident victim has had their hand on the third rail.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

This is one thing that really fucks me off about these people, how disrespectful they are.

Take your loving sun glasses off inside .... Double so for Sandi back when she was on one of those weekly shows ... Sitting there eating food with sun glasses on - really loving disrespectful, and tells you alot about them.

Pet peeve.

/Rant over.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

flawless victory.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Quavers posted:

Huh :thunk:

If the average life expectancy of a person is 80 years, a Kickstarter backer would spent almost 10% of it waiting for Star Citizen and Squadron 42 :stonk:

Howmanycitizenshavedied.jpg

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1164869335623634944

FTR why waste your time blocking this pudgy piece of poo poo.

I mean seriously this guy lives in a dream world if he thinks that whatever he says or does means anything at all

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1164518348320858113

Like loving LMAO

Uhm, if someone wants to knock on gio's door and slap him with this self-awareness award I have for him?

Pot calling the kettle black much?

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1164869335623634944

FTR why waste your time blocking this pudgy piece of poo poo.

I mean seriously this guy lives in a dream world if he thinks that whatever he says or does means anything at all

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1164518348320858113

Like loving LMAO

rePool posted:

Uhm, if someone wants to knock on gio's door and slap him with this self-awareness award I have for him?

Please have sympathy for GioGetMoney, the guy's Youtube channel has been bleeding subscribers for over a year :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1165016104529534977
:yikes:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
April 2018, the marketing month when CIG gave him a bunch of money.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Quavers posted:

Please have sympathy for GioGetMoney, the guy's Youtube channel has been bleeding subscribers for over a year :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1165016104529534977
:yikes:

Gio blocked me when I started questioning his last rant. The guy went all Mr. T. on any and all dissent. It's weird how he acts like a tough mofo that's "packin' if anyone wants to step up to him" but runs away when faced with any sort of opposition.

He's an odd one to figure out.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

I think someone claimed earlier in the thread that Kazan had bragged about being a test engineer or similar, but I don't recall the details.

Derek doxxed him, we know his name and job (he has a good job), which is irrelevant because, in that Kazan's mind, he's always qualified about everything and whomever else he's talking to is an idiot. No exceptions.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

VIP = Vulnerable, Invested Patrons?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Quavers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDd60_zJAcU

He's not wrong, those X4 ships are drat massive - what's the game like now, worth getting yet?

What does 1:1 size scale even mean in a video game? It's stuff rendered onto a screen. You can make anything any size in internal units, and render at any size with your viewport, and put it to a screen of any size.

I have a 1:12 scale model car. I can hold it in my hands. It's 1:12 the size of the real thing. How does this relate to what something renders on a screen?

If I play the Magic School Bus game where they travel through the blood stream, is that even better because it's 10,000:1 scale?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Also, guys, please stop ruining the experience of being a Star Citizen backer. It's very rude.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

trucutru posted:

Derek doxxed him
:ughh:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Super seekret ship revealed :toot:

From SC Leaks Discord. It's called Aegis Nautilus, and almost no-one doesn't think it's a space-mine-layer.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Quavers posted:

VIP = Vulnerable, Invested Patrons?

Vapid ignorant pricks.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Quavers posted:

Super seekret ship revealed :toot:

From SC Leaks Discord. It's called Aegis Nautilus, and almost no-one doesn't think it's a space-mine-layer.

Is that a Gallente Megathron?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

What does 1:1 size scale even mean in a video game? It's stuff rendered onto a screen. You can make anything any size in internal units, and render at any size with your viewport, and put it to a screen of any size.
at even better because it's 10,000:1 scale?

It means that all the interiors and so on are modelled for your FPS character to explore. That's what they are trying to say because that's SC only competitive advantage.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

…also, isn't the SC universe created at 1:4 scale to reduce travel times?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

rePool posted:

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1165016982057627648

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

New CIG marketing alt spotted: https://www.reddit.com/user/33SAC

6.5yr old account, re-activated 21 days ago, only posts about "excitement" in /r/StarCitizen

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Howmanycitizenshavedied.jpg

How many citizen shave died.jpg

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

He's trolling right?

Gio is a coward confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy