Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Vapid ignorant pricks.

Victimization in Progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Contingency posted:

:golfclap:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tippis posted:

…also, isn't the SC universe created at 1:4 scale to reduce travel times?

I don't know if this is true. Star Citizen backers claim that the best feature of the game is that travel times to anywhere are at a minimum, 30 minutes.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/itsJacky_TV/status/1165304552897372160

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 24, 2019

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This is almost as depressing as the Lord Garriot Dinner Party photos

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
It's a fancy concierge event... better put on my best tee shirt. The one without the gravy stains on the space ship.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This is almost as depressing as the Lord Garriot Dinner Party photos

On one hand, there are only men at this event, but, they were not served soup from a can. It's a tough call.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Contingency posted:

vain insolvent producer.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:cool:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The absolute gall of that jagoff to happily pose next to people he's stealing from. :nono:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

please don't doxx Toast.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

The absolute gall of that jagoff to happily pose next to people he's stealing from. :nono:

Meanwhile, over on the Star Citizen Leaks Discord

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

vain insolvent producer.

Tweak that a bit and you get "virtually insolvent persons."

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheMadRambo/status/1165312422720299011

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wow! there is a femoid in those pics! Never mind, she's a waitress.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

A lone-wolf ship that can take out capital ships is a sound idea with no problems whatsoever that I can think of. Fortunately these "developers" are basically playing "the floor is lava" so it doesn't ultimately matter. Imagine how hard it would be if they also had an idea for a game and had to fit this in somehow!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Aegis Nautilus, THE FLAMETHROWA

whales love this

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

A lone-wolf ship that can take out capital ships is a sound idea with no problems whatsoever that I can think of. Fortunately these "developers" are basically playing "the floor is lava" so it doesn't ultimately matter. Imagine how hard it would be if they also had an idea for a game and had to fit this in somehow!

Being able to solo grief dozens of people at the same time is exactly the feature we want. Shame it'll be locked behind a $800 ship.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Contingency posted:

Tweak that a bit and you get "virtually insolvent persons."

Ooh nice

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

More images from the Aegis event courtesy of StuartGT via the SC Leaks Discord

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So, I guess I have to ask:

--Do you have to purchase mines or are they restocked? Where can you restock from, and can they be carried by other ships?
--How do you deploy mines, is it a mini game of its own, do they fall out of drop down doors, are they placed by a drone?
--Do mines need to be placed and then activated or are they active from the get go?
---How close do you have to be to activate them, if you have to activate them? Can you de-activate them?
---Are they friendly fire? Do allies/orgs/friendly NPCs simply see the mines and have to avoid them, or do these groups not set them off? Or do they set them off, but they don't cause friendly damage?
--Can the ship fire weapons or move while deploying mines?
--Is the ship supposed to deploy mines and then slink away, or does it stay and then fight?
--Does the ship remotely detonate the mines? If so, are there distance limitations?
--If I leave my ship can I activate mines still?
--If I leave my ship, am killed, etc... do the mines persist/work, or are they removed?
--If space is so huge, how do we expect mines to be a useful weapon?
--What does my crew of 8 do for this ship? 4 Gunners, 1 pilot, 2 mine deployer, 1 captain?
--Historically capital ships like Heavy Cruisers and Battleships were large and heavily armored and minelayers were smaller, nimble, and less heavily armored to facilitate that. Why is this ship different?

Those are about 2 minutes of thought I just had on this one topic. I wonder if they have thought about any of that.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:trustme: "Look at all these marks, we've got them all hook line and sinker. During dinner and drinks lay on the pressure, and give the 10% "tonight only" discount in 1-to-1 chats to push them over the edge" :crobear:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 24, 2019

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Wtf Crobberts isn't even engaging his chairman's club peasants on the same floor anymore but looks down on them like some rich folk in the opera lodge.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/AtlasDefenseOrg/status/1165318045046366208

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sarsapariller posted:

It helps that Chris doesn't ever get in front of a camera unless he has a victory lap to take. I don't think he's been seen in six months.

Maybe a victory lap band surgery.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Huh, so that is why the raodmap did not progress!

Check mate goonfudsters!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

And if you don't this clusterfuck is a scam, I have a bridge to sell you in one of the other 100 systems.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Quavers posted:

New CIG marketing alt spotted: https://www.reddit.com/user/33SAC

6.5yr old account, re-activated 21 days ago, only posts about "excitement" in /r/StarCitizen

Na, just another totally normal backer.

It is good and normal to get a bank loan to buy game DLCs (or even JPEGs of game DLCs).

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:reddit: "I can't wait to use this ship when Cardassians Vandulls are hiding their battleships in a nebula glitchy cloud. I'll be just like Riker and Geordi using amazing stealth flight and mine dropping skillz, then i'll send them a 'leave or die' threat from the command seat of my Galaxy Idris-class ship, The Incelprise! Those Cardassians Vandulls will fear my wrath!" :gizz:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 24, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Would a digital goodie be considered marketing?

This could come from the 46m dollar marketing budget!

Oh, wait, that's not what that was for?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Inquiring minds wants to know: Does this minelayer punch above its weight?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

...that's not a mine!

E: And what happens when it runs out of ammo??

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 24, 2019

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The new 650$ jpeg is a heavily armoured mine layer with space for 8 crew. With turrets and lots of guns

Lol

They have never managed to get any multi crew ships working properly

Congrats suckers

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
Hmm...
I will only buy this minelayer if it can be modified to drop space depth charges. I will also buy the space depth charges because I am a shrewd consumer.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Normal Spectrum:

Special Spectrum:

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Star Citizen: Coming to you only at 9 am Pacific