Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm trying to do the 'beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds' thing and I'm guessing I need more characters who qualify as Agents for the anti-Dodge bonus they give. Right now I've only got Black Widow, but I'm going to guess folks like Mockingbird, Agent 13 and Phil Coulson qualify. Who am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I use Widow, Mockingbird, Kate Bishop, Agent Venom, and Agent 13.

You can sort your strikers by their buffs. All your options should all line up next to each other.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

STAC Goat posted:

I use Widow, Mockingbird, Kate Bishop, Agent Venom, and Agent 13.

You can sort your strikers by their buffs. All your options should all line up next to each other.

Whats his base dodge? I only shoot for 60% reduction on Glaive, is he really that much higher?

Dont forget that Cable gives 40%? Reduction as leader

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Domino, Boomerang, and Robbie Reyes give Ignore Dodge Leadership too.

I just got in the habit of using 5 Dodge strikers a long time ago for the hell of it. Its probably overkill and if I head into the 30s I replace a couple of them with Ancient One and Anti-Venom. But since I mostly just do easy 1s it doesn't really matter.

For trying to do the 15 second one it might help to really drop his dodge rate down as far as possible, but it might help more to give yourself some increased damage. Probably depends on who you're using and how good they are. Sort of thing you just have to toy with.

I haven't actually even done a Quicksilver fight since teh WBU showed up.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Do charmed characters dodge still?

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
For Quicksilver, you can use 2099, Bullseye, Cable, Gambit, Domino, or Robbie lead and one extra ignore dodge striker to be safe

Or

Fill up your strikers with ignore dodge strikers like Agent 13, Mockingbird, Deathlok, Songbird, the paywall Wasp, Misty, and/or Kate Bishop.

DO NOT use Agent Venom or Black Widow. They only give ignore dodge when you're being attacked. If you want to beat Quicksilver quickly, you don't want to wait around to get hit and hope the ignore dodge kicks in.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Thing’s new uniform grants invisibility, which breaks his bullshit attacks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Getting Surfer today really wiped out my gold. Stalled out at 5 stars.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

This Wave heroic quest is some bullshit.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Diddler posted:

This Wave heroic quest is some bullshit.

Tell me about it. It's really awesome that Wave's attacks obscure the markers where Dormammu is going to attack.

E: What an obnoxious boss fight. It's all just hit and run.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 26, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Misleading "Silver Surfer box event" that does not in any way provide Silver Surfer bios. Not sure what else is coming in this new maintenance/update.

I was excited to T3 Jean until I realized I have only like 100 cube fragments left. I guess I'll T3 her in a year or so.

Almost done with T2ing the "only available in Shop" characters as I work on Silk and Cho-Hulk. Hoping I can get Namor to T2 before by paid bio sub runs out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My maxed out T2 Jean beats most of the T3 Jeans I encounter in Timeline so like, I just decided to T3 Black Panther and finish the cheap ones. Because whenever that little red dot appears I want to advance someone.

The Maintenance note says a "Server Stabilization" so maybe that will make it easier for us/me to connect to WBR or something. Who knows?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I like about this game is the Epic Quest stuff. I like the idea of having powerful characters that can't reasonably be accessed with money (though I'd be curious to see how much money it would take to directly buy the crystals to skip all of the levels for one of the epic quests - I'm guessing probably over $1000) and require a long, slow grind. You can technically get almost everything in this game without spending money on anything but the monthly biometric thing.

I'm at roughly ~50% for all the epic quests now. The parts where you need 1000 norn stones or whatever take a long time to get past, but I just use my energy up on missions that drop them each day until I get the necessary amount.

I've spent my quartz on uniforms for powerful characters, under the rationale that having a strong bench will allow me to more effectively grind stuff for characters I like. As a result I have a T2 Captain Marvel, Captain America, and Iron Man with their latest uniforms (and uniforms aren't that hard to afford with the quartz that drops in-game, as long as you just want a few) despite not being a huge fan of any of those characters. That has enabled me to tackle the Normal World Boss fights and get to late Chapter 12 of the story (though I'm stuck at what I think is the third Surtr battle). (I also have T2 Spider-man with his recent suit, though I actually like Spider-man so he doesn't count)

What is high priority for making T2 characters stronger? I haven't done anything with uru stones (though I have hundreds of the things; I haven't combined them because I've been using gold on other stuff) and am using some kinda underpowed ISO things (I actually have a bunch of 5/6* ISOs* but only slotted 3*s for the time being), though my guys at least have 8-piece set bonuses.

* and like one fully "mastered" ISO I got as a hand-out or something, which I didn't even know was a thing you could do

edit: Also I've decided that XP chips are the most worthless things ever, because leveling up characters is trivially easy. Running a recent story mission 10 times will instantly level someone to 40+. I have almost all characters at the level caps for their current level of mastery.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 27, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

XP chips are completely trivial but like you collect them anyway and then you can just pump a character from Level 1 to 60 in a second. Which doesn't really matter but might speed up your goals. Or once you advance really far when a new character shows up you just max them up all at once. But you can also pick up experience for them in the Lab Warp Missions.

The two big things for upping a character are probably gears and iso sets. If you're at T2 you've already got the gears and it sounds like you're on the isos too (you want red offensive sets, probably). All three of your main guys can get worked up to Level 70 and gear 25 but I assume you're not yet at the place where you have a ton of BAM to do that. So like you can level up the skills and add some Urus but you're probably more or less where you're gonna get at your level. You should always work on having a good set of cards though. That helps your whole roster.

You'd probably be better off focusing on one Epic Quest and devoting all the resources to that one, getting the characters, and then using them to do more. But its up to you and what pace you want to play at. Deadpool and Mr. Fantastic are probably the better once to focus on since not only are both of them absolute top tier fighters but most of the X Force and Fantastic Four characters are pretty good. But again, whatever pace you want.

World Boss Invasion is probably a better source for norn stones (and bios) than the Story Missions. I mean, do Story Missions if you're targeting someone or something specific but WBI can drop big caches of them for you. And you don't actually have to be any good at WBI, you just need to have someone else random on your team do the work and not mess it up.

But you've nailed the big fun of this game. There's so much to do and so many options staged out in different ways that you can really just pick your pace and direction and go have fun with it. You'll eventually get to the other stuff.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Do they ever sell Tier 2 tickets just by themselves in the Shop?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dawgstar posted:

Do they ever sell Tier 2 tickets just by themselves in the Shop?

Sometimes for 3500 crystals I think. 4800 springs to mind too but when they have mega t2s in there it's usually 9k or so with a rebate based on how many buy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bagrada posted:

Sometimes for 3500 crystals I think. 4800 springs to mind too but when they have mega t2s in there it's usually 9k or so with a rebate based on how many buy.

Pricier than I thought, but maybe if I consider it as a step closer to Phoenix. (I did spend 3 million on the event store for a shot, but no dice. Some M'Kraan Crystals though, so that's nice.)

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

This might just be because I have like 10 t2 tickets sitting around but that's an extremely bad deal for something you get for free at least once a month.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Hints going on that Shadowcat is coming. And some Phoenix twins of some sort?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zokari posted:

This might just be because I have like 10 t2 tickets sitting around but that's an extremely bad deal for something you get for free at least once a month.

I've been trying to figure out ways to speed up getting Phoenix. I only need Cyke, Rogue and Storm Tier-2'd.

That is kinda expensive though so I probably wouldn't go that route. Costumes are more attractive.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Hints going on that Shadowcat is coming. And some Phoenix twins of some sort?

Quentin Quire and Rachel Summers are the pair

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Are all the fights in Heroic Quests so un-fun? Because all of Wave's have just been obnoxious and make me think I can do without Fox if I have to go through this crap again.

Edit: By which I mean I beat them, but they're just not entertaining.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 2, 2019

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Zokari posted:

Yeh I am shocked how many I have. There just havent been many new chars that I feel like sprinting to T2.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ah, okay. Any word on when this update is supposed to drop? Debating opening up the Wave quest but I'd probably rather have Rachel and Kitty and I don't know how they'll be gettable.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Are all the fights in Heroic Quests so un-fun? Because all of Wave's have just been obnoxious and make me think I can do without Fox if I have to go through this crap again.

Edit: By which I mean I beat them, but they're just not entertaining.

I feel like this one is by far the worst

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Wave is definitely the worst fights by a lot. I also feel like fight 2 and fight 3 were switched around? Fight 2 Surtur reanimates and has big screen filling attacks and feels like a giant raid boss almost. Fight 3 surtur was just a kinda hard regular level boss. Seems really backwards for difficulty progression.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just finished the 3rd week of Wave and the fight with Dormammu and it really didn't seem that hard to me. Took like a minute but Wave was never in any danger and the big screen attack was easy enough to avoid.

Steve Vader posted:

Ah, okay. Any word on when this update is supposed to drop? Debating opening up the Wave quest but I'd probably rather have Rachel and Kitty and I don't know how they'll be gettable.

Looks like the 9th. I imagine we won't get another Heroic quest so soon but who knows?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

are you all not ranking wave up to 6* or something? because the fights are easy when shes level 60

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, maybe that's it. I just got her to T2 today. She was at T1 when I took down Dormammu but at 20/20/19/19 and an 8 iso set and everything. Like, I said, I had no real problem.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

are you all not ranking wave up to 6* or something? because the fights are easy when shes level 60

I finished the heroic quest and she's only at 5 stars, but I'm pretty sure the boss fights had her at level 60?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Diddler posted:

I finished the heroic quest and she's only at 5 stars, but I'm pretty sure the boss fights had her at level 60?

they still factor in your actual stats, just like the legendary battles do. those are noticeably easier if you improve the character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think the way it works is that they give you the basic bump to T2 to open all the skills but you still go by whatever gear/skill/iso/obelisk/uru levels you have. At least that's how I've always thought like WBI works. So if you bring a Level 1, 5/5/5/5 character in you'll get the T2 skills but you'll still be doing Level 1, 5/5/5/5 damage.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Yeah, the difference at one point from me losing vs winning was simply gearing her up to 15.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

they still factor in your actual stats, just like the legendary battles do. those are noticeably easier if you improve the character.

I still have her at level 45, so she was lower during the boss fights. That probably made a big difference.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Barring surprise front runners from the next patch like Shadowcat toppling Jean off the T3 throne, anyone know whose a better T3 between Thor and Luna Snow? I'm a couple hundred ccf from my next upgrade. I also have Thanos and Wolverine ready, but Thanos requires a ridiculous amount of mats, and I just upgraded Mr Fantastic so I'm good on combat for now. I hear Iron Man is actually useful too with one of his newer costumes and a good CTP.

I have Jean and Sharon for blast, Cap America and Mr F for combat, Spidey and Deadpool for speed, and Captain Marvel for universal, so I'm leaning Thor, but Luna might work too since Spidey isn't really helpful at T3. Luna is already good against Maw and Corvus though and my T2 Thor can't clear any UWB in his mythic ragnarok costume at the moment. Dunno if I need to upgrade him to fat costume or if his T3 is needed to make him usable.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I'd really, really, really recommend holding off and saving up for Thanos. Even with all of the recent characters, he's easily still top tier, just behind Jean. If you can't wait, Luna is drat good at T3.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Oh man, now I can finally feel like what it's like to be a whale! Now to hold onto this as I never decide which character to put it on.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A surfing dog?! posted:

Oh man, now I can finally feel like what it's like to be a whale! Now to hold onto this as I never decide which character to put it on.

I just closed my eyes and put it on Cap.

(Er, Carol, not Steve.)

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

But imagine how strong MODOK could be with it! He might be able to do level 15 Shadowlands or something!

I'll probably wait to see if any of the new characters/unis overtake Thanos/Jean/Carol before I do anything with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, I just got another one of Transcendence. Wah.

And I still haven't decided who to put Odin's Blessing on.