Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

You'll never see the head of a major corporation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's an Audi R8 shifter, so the joke is lol Audi drivers

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Who looks at their shifter while driving?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I JUST SAID, audi drivers

Because they're not looking at the road you see

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Data Graham posted:

That's an Audi R8 shifter, so the joke is lol Audi drivers

Sure seems like it's more than just Audi drivers using that shifter in MY HOMETOWN.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I endorse this product.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://i.imgur.com/WAVSiZI.gifv

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The best Loss yet

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

holy poo poo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Maybe they're holding a camera in VR, and this "VR experience" gives participants a camera to hold to increase the tactile immersion factor?

I hope it's just blind stupidity though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I mean. Its gotta be real immersive to fool her like that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Some VR goggles have a mode where you see through cameras on the headset, they could be doing that.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Maybe they're holding a camera in VR, and this "VR experience" gives participants a camera to hold to increase the tactile immersion factor?

I could also see the possibility that the camera is a controller since those have wifi capability and could possibly be hacked to allow for something like that. But I'm gonna go ahead and say that's not it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
She's playing fatal frame.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wtf

msg is perfectly healthy

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Been going through all my stock of gluten and found no meth.
:(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's almost certainly blind stupidity. Those are Oculus Go's, probably the most basic VR headset on the market next to Android Cardboard. You can't interface a plain old camera "into" VR, you'd just use the in-game screenshots.

Or they could just be using the external cameras to grab some "people in VR-vs-reality" shots.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I want to be this high someday

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Some VR goggles have a mode where you see through cameras on the headset, they could be doing that.
I really hope this is it, and she's using a VR rig to get the exact same view she'd have by taking off the VR rig.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I want her to be taking photos of dinosaurs and space and poo poo and get really sad when she comes home and loads them on the computer

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Krankenstyle posted:

I want her to be taking photos of dinosaurs and space and poo poo and get really sad when she comes home and loads them on the computer

Oh yeah

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

#1 wish for American/British kids is to be rich and famous.

#1 wish for Chinese kids is to be so far away from China that they are no longer on the Earth.

There's also the part where none of them have any real future career prospects thanks to automation and unchecked capitalism, so might as well shoot for the stars both literal and figurative.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Laterite posted:

There's also the part where none of them have any real future career prospects thanks to automation and unchecked capitalism, so might as well shoot for the stars both literal and figurative.

Shitloads of kids nowadays are all too aware they'll never own a house, hell, they'll be lucky to own a car

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ArcticRoll_/status/1164906778783559682

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I was hoping they would tip toe on hot coals or something

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:berninator:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/FoGjEqT.mp4

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The biggest Dad Energy

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
wtf why are there headlights on the mower? Gonna be mowing your lawn a 2AM? Quarter-mile visibility fog and you gotta make sure you miss the hydrangea bushes? Seriously WTF.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Achernar posted:

wtf why are there headlights on the mower? Gonna be mowing your lawn a 2AM? Quarter-mile visibility fog and you gotta make sure you miss the hydrangea bushes? Seriously WTF.

This is a great question. In fact, the headlights are there not for the mowing, but for transit when you're driving the lawnmower down the street to another location, since when on the road they still have to conform to auto standards (state dependent, of course).

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Achernar posted:

I use my tractor headlights lots in the Fall when dealing with leaves. By the time I get home, and outside working, it's already mostly dark, so if you want to avoid running into poo poo, or over small pets, they're a must.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you don't have headlights on your mower then how are you supposed to silently signal to other mower riders? It's the code of the lawn, man, gotta warn your fellow riders of any upcoming trouble or five-o.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Flash 'em twice to signal danger, once for the all clear, three times for Billy to bring you another beer

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

What kind of aristocrat has a lawn?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s better to have the lights and not need them than not have them and maybe need them even if only once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
the only way to stop a bad guy with mower lights is a good guy with mower lights