Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CannonFodder posted:

Awful App needs to add text zoom functionality and other elderly aids.

you can turn up font sizes and poo poo, and zoom on still images. More functionality than alot of apps, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The app is good but I appreciate that SA stills lets you browse peacefully in a mobile browser instead of spamming you with full-page demands to download the app like every other site does these days

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Titan is coming

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The app is good but I appreciate that SA stills lets you browse peacefully in a mobile browser instead of spamming you with full-page demands to download the app like every other site does these days

That's probably cause the app isn't official, AFAIK we don't have an official app like reddit or tumblr does

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

purple death ray posted:

That's probably cause the app isn't official, AFAIK we don't have an official app like reddit or tumblr does

Lowtax can barely keep the radiumcode up and running as is. it works out better for everyone this way, and it lets him be proud of the mobile version of the site being usable.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Well if people spent as much donating to his patreon as they do complaining he *would* have enough to untangle the spaghetti code :colbert:

Also the site doesn't have a dark mode, and the app has like three, and for that the app is unfortunately superior

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i saw this discussed in QCS once and someone mentioned they used darkreader to create dark modes for all websites. that changed my browsing life, so now i'm sharing it with yall

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

it kind of kills spoilers (you can see through the black), that's the sort of thing that we'd only get from a site-specific dark mode i guess. like the apps' one(s)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

oystertoadfish posted:

i saw this discussed in QCS once and someone mentioned they used darkreader to create dark modes for all websites. that changed my browsing life, so now i'm sharing it with yall

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

it kind of kills spoilers (you can see through the black), that's the sort of thing that we'd only get from a site-specific dark mode i guess. like the apps' one(s)

I dunno where i saw it but dark reader changed my life, since i work graveyards in front of a computer screen. It's easy enough to toggle per site or just on and off, and only occasionally breaks pages

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

oystertoadfish posted:

This kind of makes all of SA look like a strange YOSPOS

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The only problem with darkreader is it increases page load times, sometimes pretty significantly. Especially if you're using the Dynamic theming.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well if people spent as much donating to his patreon as they do complaining he *would* have enough to untangle the spaghetti code :colbert:

Also the site doesn't have a dark mode, and the app has like three, and for that the app is unfortunately superior

The site might not have an official dark mode yet, but if you use chrome you can enable a universal dark mode through flags. It screws some sites and images up, but overall it's much easier on my eyes. The app's still my favorite way to browse, though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If I have to gently caress with browser settings or download an add-on/plugin/whatever, it doesn't count.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

in that case you get

nothing

sorry

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If I have to gently caress with browser settings or download an add-on/plugin/whatever, it doesn't count.

I picture your browsing experience encountering this a lot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I use Firefox, and I maintain my stance. No dark mode in tyool 2019

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cool, it's lowtax's fault you are bad at computers

i suppose it does make sense

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I too resist technological advances for no good reason.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm not making fun. I really do.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm not making fun. I really do.

Same. Still can't get myself to use a smartphone. It's 2019. My retired parents make fun of me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I tried the darkreader ect. plugins, and they made the browser eat up even more memory while just sitting and running. I'm not gonna deal with that poo poo when it's perfectly possible for sites to do their own dark mode that doesn't eat my RAM like candy :shrug:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I work in technology, and am over the age of 30.

Always push back. I didn't give in to dark reader til a couple months ago because I was tired of headaches from staring at a white screen at work from sunset to sunrise.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

LOL if you don't adjust the color temperature of your display depending on time of day, just LOL.

Seriously, though, I've gotten so used to using f.lux on Windows and Redshift on Linux that I forget how painful a 6500k display can be at night.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

i browse the internet on a 23" that i impulse bought from a circuit city 10ish years ago

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goatsestretchgoals posted:

i browse the internet on a 23" that i impulse bought from a circuit city 10ish years ago
A 23 inch what?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

thats for you to think about and me to stare at

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

What is that man doing to his monitor

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

goatsestretchgoals posted:

thats for you to think about and me to stare at

I thought WebTV was shut down. :confused:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CaptainSarcastic posted:

LOL if you don't adjust the color temperature of your display depending on time of day, just LOL.

Seriously, though, I've gotten so used to using f.lux on Windows and Redshift on Linux that I forget how painful a 6500k display can be at night.

I just use the win 10 built in filters, but dark screens are still better in a dark room. f.lux turns screenshots horrifically orange, and its embarrassing to me to be sharing trump orange screenshots in a professional setting.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

username/post combo

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I just punch my monitor until it makes everything turn pink. It's definitely rough on the hardware, but easy on the eyes and soul.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

A 23 inch what?

:heysexy:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol at being so afraid of change that you stick with 15 year old browser conventions

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lol at being so open to change that you actively use the internet

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Lol, just loving lol, if you don't have Enrique use the internet for you.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Most fancy new technology is basically the old stuff with bigger screens and massive amounts of advertising and tracking built in so I don't know what all this posturing is supposed to prove

Sometimes they'll shake it up and leave off the headphone jack!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

purple death ray posted:

Most fancy new technology is basically the old stuff with bigger screens and massive amounts of advertising and tracking built in so I don't know what all this posturing is supposed to prove

Sometimes they'll shake it up and leave off the headphone jack!

I thought the average was 5.5 inches?

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

RFC2324 posted:

It's not quite the average, but the most common cell phone screen size is 5.5", yes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
She laughed when I pulled out my flip phone and said it looked weird.

I pulled it back and showed her it was ok, you just have to wipe down the screen so it doesn't get grimy when not in use.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RFC2324 posted:

This is very disturbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is very disturbing