Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Funniest thing to me is that if AOC was running for president, the people behind that awful sketch would vote for Trump instead since he wouldn’t touch their money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pooch516 posted:

Lol at the fact that Trump hasn't even bothered to acknowledge The Simpsons attempting to make fun of him.

you know that if he tweeted something like "The Irrelevant Simpsons haven't made anyone laugh in 15 years anyway" he'd be right, too.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Creamed Cormp posted:

you know that if he tweeted something like "The Irrelevant Simpsons haven't made anyone laugh in 15 years anyway" he'd be right, too.

Actually he'd be wrong

it's at least 20 years

nut
Jul 30, 2019

im one of the tens to dozens of posters checkin in on this thread at page 250 after being on twitter for a minute today

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ok, so I'm not normally a Simpsons guy, but this clip was truly epic! Nicely done for taking on President Trump like this. Holy poo poo, this video is loving hilarious to watch. His hands are so tiny! And the candidate kickline had be audibly laughing.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Well, that loving clip sure is something. I think what kills me the most is that, from what I've seen in this thread, they use the "hair is dog" gag every loving time in Trump's scenes. And here they draw attention to it! Again! After the other times were more subtle background animation! What the gently caress!
Also he sounds loving awful.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Cessna posted:

I'm retroactively embarrassed that I used to like that show.

Imagine trying to explain to kids that the Simpsons was once considered the greatest and most important thing to happen to television after they saw that. lol gently caress me...

Also those Super Eyepatch Wolf videos are real good but the dude always sounds like he's on the verge of breaking down into tears.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
i imagine that a young person watching the simpsons would be an awful lot like handing a child a gameboy and watching them try use it as a touchscreen. just like, eyes darting between you and the tv, followed by confused and forced laughter

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thanks The Simpsons, you’ve made us all into olds

You, personally. Singlehandedly

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

NiceGuy posted:

i imagine that a young person watching the simpsons would be an awful lot like handing a child a gameboy and watching them try use it as a touchscreen. just like, eyes darting between you and the tv, followed by confused and forced laughter

No, the older seasons hold up extremely well and can still be enjoyed today by people of younger generations.

Unless you were talking about showing children modern Simpsons, but why would you do something so cruel to a child? Who hurt you?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
that clip makes me wish SA had a subforum with the tag "33333" in which we can put threads from other forums similar to the goldmine

not because the thread is good, not because the thread is bad, but so that future lifeforms on this planet can see this as a historical record of what led to the post-apocalyptic future they live in

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Vookatos posted:

Well, that loving clip sure is something. I think what kills me the most is that, from what I've seen in this thread, they use the "hair is dog" gag every loving time in Trump's scenes. And here they draw attention to it! Again! After the other times were more subtle background animation! What the gently caress!
Also he sounds loving awful.

And sometimes the dog makes weird mechanical noises for no reason

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, the older seasons hold up extremely well and can still be enjoyed today by people of younger generations.

Unless you were talking about showing children modern Simpsons, but why would you do something so cruel to a child? Who hurt you?

I meant the new episodes, but now you've got me thinking about if there are any classic simpsons bits that would just bomb out with the current audience. I'm probably stretching but would mr. sparkle be in bad taste these days? Idk :shrug:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NiceGuy posted:

Kids today watch the classic years because of memes

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Ad by Khad posted:

that clip makes me wish SA had a subforum with the tag "33333" in which we can put threads from other forums similar to the goldmine

not because the thread is good, not because the thread is bad, but so that future lifeforms on this planet can see this as a historical record of what led to the post-apocalyptic future they live in

i agree

the oldest clip the op considers in the initial voting is the "tik tok intro" from season 21 . that will be a minimum of 11 seasons old when the simpsons can even contractually be allowed to end. that we could, as a culture, allow things to get so bad, for so long, places the op in the harrowing company of the "watch bush start a loving war" and grover's "How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
..." posts as an important part of cultural history.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Drunken Baker posted:

Imagine trying to explain to kids that the Simpsons was once considered the greatest and most important thing to happen to television after they saw that. lol gently caress me...

Also those Super Eyepatch Wolf videos are real good but the dude always sounds like he's on the verge of breaking down into tears.

can you blame him

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Drunken Baker posted:

I think if you're not an always screaming youtuber you have to be an always on-the-verge-of-weeping youtuber. Try watching a video about Dark Souls lore, it's ridiculous.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

can you blame him

Hahahah. Touche.

The Moon Monster posted:

I think if you're not an always screaming youtuber you have to be an always on-the-verge-of-weeping youtuber. Try watching a video about Dark Souls lore, it's ridiculous.

loving hell. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

NiceGuy posted:

I meant the new episodes, but now you've got me thinking about if there are any classic simpsons bits that would just bomb out with the current audience. I'm probably stretching but would mr. sparkle be in bad taste these days? Idk :shrug:

Mr. Sparkle? Nah, being confused by weird foreign commercials will always be a thing because without context a lot of television ads are pure gibberish. It's something that occurs in every country including America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9lMjR89Gp0 If anything Mr. Sparkle is even more relevant today than it was back then because youtube lets people see weird mr. sparkle like commercials from all over the globe.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Mr. Sparkle? Nah, being confused by weird foreign commercials will always be a thing because without context a lot of television ads are pure gibberish. It's something that occurs in every country including America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9lMjR89Gp0 If anything Mr. Sparkle is even more relevant today than it was back then because youtube lets people see weird mr. sparkle like commercials from all over the globe.

Weird japanese commercials are weird for the japanese too (that's the point)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

Can we call it the "Okay Corral"?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

NiceGuy posted:

Apu

Grogquock
May 2, 2009

I can confirm by anecdote that my kid demanded to watch all the episodes we owned (seasons 1-8 NATURALLY), and the visiting cousins of a range of ages immediately started binge watching them after being shown an episode for the first time. Whether they'd enjoy the newer seasons or not I couldn't say, but we can at least do our duty and get the younger generation started out right.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

Hahahah. Touche.

loving hell. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

Guy called VaatiVidya. His videos are super good and make sense of DS' weird stories. Problem is his videos are really long and he sometimes won't switch his tone. Otherwise, he's got good scripts, good editing, and a good voice

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

quote:

The assembled “Simpsons” gang addressed the ever-present question of a second movie outing for the characters, with executive producer Al Jean teasing that they “have talked about it” with Disney, as well as ideas for potential spinoff series.

“I think Disney would be supportive of anything we wanted to do, maybe a crazy limited series with a side character or a movie that we surprised you with, they’ve been really creatively supportive and this is going to afford so many new ways to do the show than just the traditional format,” added fellow EP Matt Selman.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the-simpsons-disney-spinoff-series-1203313166/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

They're totally not going to fire all of us! They said we could do a musical movie! They love our Otto spinoff idea!

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Thread over, show over, career over

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Holy lol the clip is tagged as sensitive content on twitter now

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Somehow not as bad as that Trump/Squad poo poo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I laughed at a Ben Garrison cartoon. I feel sick.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just bit a hole through my lip when I saw that, thanks a lot

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Holy gently caress, I

SeANMcBAY posted:

I laughed at a Ben Garrison cartoon. I feel sick.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

SeANMcBAY posted:

I unironically laughed at a Ben Garrison cartoon. I feel sick.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Compared to the other recent horrors in this thread, this now seems almost inoffensively quaint:
https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1165361658148970497
it's still pretty bad though

Zhumma
Aug 5, 2006
title text

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Compared to the other recent horrors in this thread, this now seems almost inoffensively quaint:
https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1165361658148970497
it's still pretty bad though

Oh boy, just FEEL that corporate synergy at work, mhmm.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
That's fan made, not an official shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I just rewatched Lisa vs Malibu Stacy and it might be my new favorite. Tress MacNeille is amazing in it and every line is loving gold.