Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/RockySpinelessDunlinPoooound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rewatching the LP of Dark Souls 3 and forgetting how mad it makes me that Pat let Siegward die because, despite the note outside Yhorm and Matt asking him if he should practice with Storm Ruler, Pat just barrels in without knowing what to do.

:negative:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk2WiXMNALk

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Liam told me he doesn't have enough time for anime and only wants to see Cannon Busters. Some weeb he is.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Grouchio posted:

Liam told me he doesn't have enough time for anime and only wants to see Cannon Busters. Some weeb he is.

Liam's been going back to school, and possibly working on a game, alongside streaming. Maybe he legit doesn't have time to meet your arbitrary weeb standard.

gently caress off with this poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
after hearing tales of woolie's awful fire emblem three houses videos I took a look and

wow!

these are real bad.

I can't single out a worst part but my favorite is that revelation that woolie thinks the concepts of "recreation" and "fun" are only like two hundred years old

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I can't single out a worst part but my favorite is that revelation that woolie thinks the concepts of "recreation" and "fun" are only like two hundred years old

wait what

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Andrast posted:

wait what

He spends all three videos complaining about "historical accuracy" basically anytime anything remotely leisure related happens

I mean whenever he's not comparing characters to assumed tropes or trying to use the weapon triangle in a game with no weapon triangle or trying to frontline fight with healers and then complaining that they suck

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I didn't watch it but I saw people who are clearly unfamiliar with him/SBF passing around his Fire Emblem video as if he's some DSP-tier moron so I'm guessing it didn't go well

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I knew it was going to be bad after Woolie tried to say Three Houses had bad graphics because it didn't look as good as the new Guilty Gear last week but jesus christ.

At least he apologized instead of doubling down like I thought he would.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I knew it was going to be bad after Woolie tried to say Three Houses had bad graphics because it didn't look as good as the new Guilty Gear last week but jesus christ.

At least he apologized instead of doubling down like I thought he would.

He didn't say it looked bad, he said it looked fine, but with Guilty Gear sitting right there the difference between "fine" and "holy poo poo" has never been more apparent.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I didn't watch it but I saw people who are clearly unfamiliar with him/SBF passing around his Fire Emblem video as if he's some DSP-tier moron so I'm guessing it didn't go well
it's like peak "why does these videos exist"

he isn't engaging with the game on any level beyond the barest surface and I can't figure out why he decided this was a good idea

In fact, most of his LPs of varying lengths are bad and it's kind of a bummer!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a shame but I don't really like any of the ex-SBF stuff from any of them aside from the rare collaboration

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dabir posted:

He didn't say it looked bad, he said it looked fine, but with Guilty Gear sitting right there the difference between "fine" and "holy poo poo" has never been more apparent.

No he didn't say it looked bad, but he really wanted to. Pat just called him out immediately.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Andrast posted:

It's a shame but I don't really like any of the ex-SBF stuff from any of them aside from the rare collaboration

only watch ”wha happen” and the occasional podcast :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Andrast posted:

They're a group that produces better content as a team than they do solo, which is kind of a shame considering how everything turned out. :smith:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Andrast posted:

liam and matt sonic 06 and life is strange are the best things that have come post breakup and i hope they continue doing things like that

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Most of Woolie's stuff with Reggie is good and cute.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Yeah I enjoyed most of his quick looks and the like as well. Haven’t watched the fire emblem one, though I think I
never would anyway even without hearing about what a disaster it was.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Yardbomb posted:

Most of Woolie's stuff with Reggie is good and cute.

Yeah the wonderful 101 and Bayonetta lps are great

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When does Minh start talking about his famous grandfather? A guy who could've replaced Ngo Diem?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grouchio posted:

When does Minh start talking about his famous grandfather? A guy who could've replaced Ngo Diem?

stop trying to make minh cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Minh likes Naruto, he's already cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyd9IbNoRLg

You're gonna look at this short asian man in his Rock Lee outfit with a Predator statue on his desk and tell me he isn't cool? Please.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Captain Baal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyd9IbNoRLg

You're gonna look at this short asian man in his Rock Lee outfit with a Predator statue on his desk and tell me he isn't cool? Please.

Was that The First Sandbaggening?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I only watched Woolie's first video on fire emblem for a few minutes to determine just how outrageous it was that guys aren't allowed to suck Claude's dick.

Extremely.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
There's only one male/male pairing and it's a crime.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nalesh posted:

There's only one male/male pairing and it's a crime.

There are multiple very gay paired endings, just not with the lame protagonist

Andrast fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 26, 2019

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Blockhouse posted:

He spends all three videos complaining about "historical accuracy" basically anytime anything remotely leisure related happens

This is doubly funny for people who've played the game and know what happens later on.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

woolie: before 1819 people would sit and stare off in the distance whenever they were not working.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think Woolie's mindset was more that 1819s people were doing one of three things: working, surviving, or dying.

Yet another example how of the specter of Capitalism and Protestant work ethic has poisoned culture.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Didn't human work hours not get completely out of whack until industrialization and the modern capitalist era? I think I remember reading hunter gatherer societies work like 20 hours a week.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Grouchio posted:

It's like a decent chunk in the middle of part 2 is Minh talking about his grandfather.

I think the Fire Emblem and other LPs have suffered from Woolie having both Reggie and Minh there and them for some reason deciding to talk the entire time. I only watched a bit of the 19xx LP because it didn't have subtitles and was essentially worthless as a result of them not shutting up. When there's subtitles, fine, but with Three Houses the constant chatter increases the LP Tax significantly, part 2 starts with Woolie confused about the protag being a professor and not a student despite them going over that quite a bit prior, and also he thought they were adopted cause he mistook them talking about the mom's death as it being the actual blood related kid's death or something.

Also I think one of them corrected him about the recreation aspect and how it was actually super emphasized back then because you might die soon, so enjoy life while you can. If it wasn't Reggie or Minh it might've been a comment, it sorta blurs together for me at this point.

His stuff with Reggie has been fine, Minh is Minh.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
It was Pat on the podcast, I think who corrected woolie.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Bumblebees... bumble kings... hmmmm

Bumble kings are kings that got kicked out of the kingdom for not loving the queen to death.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lookin way better than kimono neckbeard.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 27, 2019

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Remember that podcast a couple episodes ago talking about the Hard Drive Mag article where "local gamer heartbroken he's too good to play against his friends in fighting game but not good enough to play competitively" and woolie went "that's me. Man it'd be funny/weird if they were following us"

Well....

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1167083088960114688

One Peter Bauer (Patrick Boivon) is certain hard drive mag is watching him.

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1167114062620176384

I'm loving dying

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You can hear the quotes in Pat's voice, it's pretty powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Oxyclean posted:

I think Woolie's mindset was more that 1819s people were doing one of three things: working, surviving, or dying.

Yet another example how of the specter of Capitalism and Protestant work ethic has poisoned culture.

I think he may have gotten mixed up with how childhood in general used to work.

That is, there wasn't any real sort of childhood. Not unless you were a noble baby, you were just a tiny adult. And even then you couldn't really do adult things like own land you just did work like adults, but not as well because you were a baby. Being a kid was like Adult Life: Extreme Mode.

And then you get into the fact that at the age these kids are at, they'd be considered adults in all respects for the time. Raphael would already be a grand-daddy.