Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

MizPiz posted:

It's frankly the only logical conclusion from studying history from the last two hundred years or so

Yeah starting from the Enragés his podcast has had the undercurrent of "hey the only people who give a gently caress about anyone always all get murdered, what the gently caress" so this was only a matter of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Grondoth posted:

I forget who wrote a book that was called "The Country and The Colony" it was probably some MSNBC dude or something, but I think of that title every time I see poo poo like this. I live in WNY, and despite us fuckin' ruining the lake years and years ago we now take really good care of our water table and a whole river being on a "no touch" advisory because of some bullshit some company did would get them sued into the ground, and it'd probably make more than local news. People would care that it was happening.

Down there, a dem senator will step in to make sure you don't take any damages. Cause down there doesn't matter to people aside from what can be extracted from it and sold.

you're not wrong that a hypothetical dem would still be dogshit, but they're under the watchful eye of CocaineMoscow Mitch. you should hear just how angry and depressed they got when Amy McGrath announced because she would, yes, be dogshit terrible

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah starting from the Enragés his podcast has had the undercurrent of "hey the only people who give a gently caress about anyone always all get murdered, what the gently caress" so this was only a matter of time

I'm sure I've said it in this thread before, but I always think back to the series on Haiti. Mike on his soap box about the gulf between the language and the reality is one of my favorite things ever.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ballin out super's antifa pokemon episode is maybe the funniest they've ever done. it's free too

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Shakenbaker posted:

I'm sure I've said it in this thread before, but I always think back to the series on Haiti. Mike on his soap box about the gulf between the language and the reality is one of my favorite things ever.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1165063467243638784

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

my man

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
that said, if he says one word against the bolsheviks im cancelling him

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

hahah hell yeah

it pushed me a few notches further too if I'm being honest. I was doing fist pumps when the Polish guys who got sent to fight for the French there realized they were lied to and started fighting with the Haitians

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mila kunis posted:

The left communist and anarchocommunist critiques of the Bolsheviks are very much good.

That said, recently read a book on the French Revolution by someone called Jonathan Israel and lol the way he slobbers all over people like Mirabeau and Brissot is extraordinary liberalism. Of course he's a professor at an Ivy League school. Horrendous stuff, don't read Revolutionary Ideas.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

mila kunis posted:

Duncan once dunked on Matt Yglesias by comparing him to iirc the Kadets so I think hes gonna be alright

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Really impressed by PhilosophyTube’s Shakespeare livestream on twitch for a suicide charity, please donate in memory of Jeffrey Epstein. https://twitch.tv/philosophytube

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

You all ready for Felix to start comparing different Dem primary candidates to Warhammer 40k primarchs
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1165145497738211328?s=20

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

You all ready for Felix to start comparing different Dem primary candidates to Warhammer 40k primarchs

I knew that constantly derailing this thread with 40k bullshit would payoff

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MizPiz posted:

I knew that constantly derailing this thread with 40k bullshit would payoff

:same:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is horseshit and also orks is made for postin'

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Duterte, left speechless, his pants down,

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

the GEM was born into one of the Paleolithic Anatolian peoples some nine thousand years before the Turks got there, Felix should stick to Dune references :goonsay:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i am the turkish alt-right guy deep in the comments telling the truth about Öcalan

https://twitter.com/heeresleitung/status/1165206327167201280?s=20

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only leftist faction in warhammer 40,000 are chaos cultists. just regular people sick of the bullshit of totalitarian monarchy and prepared to burn it all the gently caress down

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1164876815569174529

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

the only leftist faction in warhammer 40,000 are chaos cultists. just regular people sick of the bullshit of totalitarian monarchy and prepared to burn it all the gently caress down

leftism is when you add more skulls to the skull throne, and the more you add the more left you are

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

I will not stand by this blatant erasure of the Gretchin Revolutionary Committee

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the imperium is a feudal sta te so there isnt really a left. i am prepared to argue about this for the next 400 pages

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Tzeentch is the literal god of Revolutions

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Earlier someone mentioned Matt Taibbi joining up with Katie Halper to do a new podcast. What has Alex Pareene been up to? Hes been good on TARFU report (RIP) and chapo imo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

AnEdgelord posted:

Tzeentch is the literal god of Revolutions

He's also the god of betraying the revolution

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MizPiz posted:

He's also the god of betraying the revolution

And of betraying the betrayers of the revolution

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Orks, folks

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Orkz are post left anarchists

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I like to imagine there's a necron dynasty who's gimmick is the peasant necrons retained their sapience & overthrew the nobility

kinda like a egyptian themed dithmarschen IN SPACE.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Orks! Orks! Orks!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Warhammer any more than I already did but welp here we are. Grats, thread.:toot:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Majorian posted:

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Warhammer any more than I already did but welp here we are. Grats, thread.:toot:

good morrow recruit, and I bid thee welcome to Warhammer. here is your measuring tape and 20-sided die

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Warhammer uses the humble d6, the die of the common people.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Grimdark is the bougiest aesthetic.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Majorian posted:

Perhaps, but I prefer the more satirical era of 40k.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

cool dance moves posted:

Earlier someone mentioned Matt Taibbi joining up with Katie Halper to do a new podcast. What has Alex Pareene been up to? Hes been good on TARFU report (RIP) and chapo imo

he's at TNR, isn't he? other than his steady gig, I know he was on Majority Report w/Sam Seder quite recently

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Majorian posted:

How about this: Noirhammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Majorian posted:

Harry potter exists so no