Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I am so happy the Lions got the drunk from Denver. Hopefully he will stay as long and successful as Hanson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

I guess you gotta find the silver lining somewhere in that organization.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Tbf there is a reason Gould is a folkhero in Chicago

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

SirPablo posted:

He definitely had the distance and then some on the 54-yd try. And this is the same team that burned a first on Treadwell so we've got a high bust bar around here.

And traded up to burn a first on Patterson!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
lions going to send 2 kickers to the hall of fame

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

lions going to send 2 kickers to the hall of fame

Inshallah

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

We could have had kickalicious, but Prater is seriously good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm very thankful that the Lions have had mostly incredibly consistent kicking, but man that space between Hanson retiring and getting Prater off the scrap heap was rrrroooough.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

MJeff posted:

I'm very thankful that the Lions have had mostly incredibly consistent kicking, but man that space between Hanson retiring and getting Prater off the scrap heap was rrrroooough.

It was unpleasant. I don't want to be a Vikings fan, thank you very much

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

I don't want to be a Vikings fan

please god, the NFC North is SO large.
Please. I'm begging you.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ted passes on TJ Watt for an injury-prone corner, a malcontent, and Vince Biegel. Everyone insists "Wait and see!"

2017 has got to be in the top 5 for worst Packers drafts, and that's even with Montravius Adams and Aaron Jones tentatively being OK. Adams is still just depth and AJ is injury-prone.

Yeah lol they have drafted like poo poo for a very long time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Woodson loving owned so hard.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1165979977457840129

We're number one! We're number one!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

any other fan base would be upset by this article.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

any other fan base would be upset by this article.

Apparently you don't know any Cleveland, Buffalo, or Minnesota fans

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

blackmongoose posted:

No of course, I try to surround myself with good people.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

My mother was born 9 months and a couple of weeks after that last Lions championship and sometimes I wonder if she was a sports title baby.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/1166077664945463298?s=19

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

blackmongoose posted:

I would never try and claim MN is the worst franchise. They simply excel and heart-loving their fanbase.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SirPablo posted:

I would never try and claim MN is the worst franchise. They simply excel and heart-loving their fanbase.

Yeah, I think I saw someone try to make the case once, contrasting whether it was harder to never have hope (the Browns), or to have it constantly dangled in front of you (the Vikings). There’ve been enough good times and entertainment with Minnesota, and it’s too much work to try and start up a self-pity party.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

If TJ Clemmings is the starter the freaking out should have started a while ago tbf

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He's a backup

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I honestly cannot believe hes still in the NFL.

Hes the worst OT I've ever had to watch.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There was a theory that his flaws would have been less of an issue if had played guard, but he lacked the kind of skills a tackle needed and poor O-line coaching meant that he was hopelessly awful.

Still, the guy tried hard and it sucks that he got hurt.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

time to bring back j'marcus webb

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah, I think I saw someone try to make the case once, contrasting whether it was harder to never have hope (the Browns), or to have it constantly dangled in front of you (the Vikings). There’ve been enough good times and entertainment with Minnesota, and it’s too much work to try and start up a self-pity party.

That was me. And for the record I’m right. But let’s focus on the real enemy. Fans of Washington or the giants who like to have the pity party’s about how bad their teams are even though they’re insanely successful and have titles.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/thelionswire/status/1166179050844491777

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I was pretty sad when Cohen left the Athletic and they replaced him with the former Raiders beat guy for the Packers role. But now they also added Bob loving McGinn, hell yea!

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

R.D. Mangles posted:

why do the Bears and Vikings just keep rotating each others awful linemen

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Vando posted:

why do the Bears and Vikings just keep rotating each others awful linemen

Utter desperation

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bears actually have like a really good Oline tho

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dexo posted:

Bears actually have like a really good Oline tho

Well they do now

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Never forget Frank Omiyale, and the ghost of Orlando Pace

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dexo posted:

Never forget Frank Omiyale, and the ghost of Orlando Pace

*bangs fists on desk* STOP IT. ALL OF YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW. NO. NOOOOO.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Let's not forget Gabe Carimi!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

I was pretty sad when Cohen left the Athletic and they replaced him with the former Raiders beat guy for the Packers role. But now they also added Bob loving McGinn, hell yea!

I thought McGinn retired.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

I thought McGinn retired.

I think it was a newspaper “retired” as he almost immediately had a paywalled website up and going.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

A gorgeous kick, too. He knew exactly which path that ball had to take to get in there and that's the exact path it followed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rooster Brooster posted:

*bangs fists on desk* STOP IT. ALL OF YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW. NO. NOOOOO.

:yeshaha: