Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The midwest is a land of decay and despair. Amidst crumbling roads, rusting auto plants, and inexplicable confederate flags dotting the countryside, are four teams that, together, have caused unmatched anguish and misery to their fans over a collective three and a half centuries of existence.

Let's review:

THE GREEN FUCKS

Founded in 1919, the Green Bay Packers have unquestionably had the most success of this cursed division, having won as many Superbowls as the Vikings have lost. Which seems great, until you remember they won two of those titles before the merger, since then have managed a success rate of one (1) championship per hall of fame quarterback, and have spent most of the last decade wasting the prime of one of the greatest players in league history.

But can they turn things around? Will this be the year Aaron Rodgers hoists his second Lombardi? The answer, of course, is no.

THE CHICAGO FUCKS

Nearly as old as the Packers, the Chicago Bears are a team well versed in futility. Aside from a brief, fleeting glimpse of success in the Reagan years, and during World War II when they really should have been off fighting the Nazis, the Chicago Bears have enjoyed a long run of mediocrity broken up only by brief flirtations with a sex cannon and the living incarnation of apathy. These days they have the enigma of Mitch "Tittiekisser" Trubisky, whose status as a good or bad quarterback changes with the tides, and Khalil Mack, who is a terrifying monstrosity that cannot be stopped. Suffice it to say, the Bears will likely kill several quarterbacks this year, their fans will wish death on their own, and many field goals will be missed on their way to a first-round playoff loss.

THE CHRIST ALMIGHTY WHY DO I ROOT FOR THESE FUCKS

There is literally nothing negative you can say about the Detroit Lions that has not already been said by their fans. If you root for this team, it's because you've already died and are in hell. The only thing worse than the crushing losses is the constant delusion that things might one day get better.

still got a four game winning streak against the packers though lol

also the only team in the division capable of making field goals

THE PURPLE FUCKS

As the baby of the division it would take a lot of hard work and effort for the Minnesota VIkings to match the misery and disappointment generated by its siblings, but boy howdy have they delivered. Have as many Superbowls as the Lions despite the Lions literally never showing up to the game, and their kickers are literally cursed by black magic. Current hopes rest on the fully guaranteed arm of Kirk Cousins, and we all know how that is going to end up.

Anyway this season is going to be terrible and:

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I hate you, you hate me
We all hate our loving teams
With a :doink:
Pick-Six
E-stab-lish-the-run
Go find me a loaded gun

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Da Bears

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dexo posted:

Da Bears

Suck

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

As do the packers, mind you

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I found out while looking up other stuff that the Green Bay Packers were one of two NFL teams that got into trouble for using high school players in game. The other was from Wisconsin too.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings will win the division this season. :dudsmile:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I appreciate that the Bears gif features them getting clowned on by the Pack. Good job OP :thumbsup:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
NFC North: We Hate Life And Ourselves

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
This is Detroit's year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pops Mgee posted:

I appreciate that the Bears gif features them getting clowned on by the Pack. Good job OP :thumbsup:

You really hate to see a once proud franchise reduced to taking pyrrhic victories

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

This is Detroit's year.

The Little Caesars of the NFL.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I love my football team

I love my mediocre QB that I convince myself can be a franchise guy

I love my coach with his stupid coach truisms and coach speak

I love my defense that tears people’s heads off

I love their dumb postgame rituals

It’s been at least a decade since the Bears made the playoffs, and even longer since they made the playoffs and have the ability to be even better the next year. I’m a full homer now.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The last time the Lions won their division, I was 2 years old.

The last time they won a playoff game was the year I was born.

The last time they won a championship was the year my mother was born.

The Lions' Why Your Team Sucks entry is coming today, so that's nice.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

C-Euro posted:

NFC North: We Hate Life And Ourselves

Is “We hate each other almost as much as ourselves” too long? Hell, is it already being used?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

NFCN: No matter what happens at least we aren't the Lions

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

NFC North: The Vikings, Packers, Bears, and the rest.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the bears are going to make me so sad this year

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

And here it is: https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-detroit-lions-1836829578

After a quick scan it appears that ZODIAC MOTHERFUCKER is still enjoying his freedom and is not in the fan letters. Shine on, brother, and may you never return to this wretched place.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I like the title, I'm doing that little sing song voice in my head

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

tinstaach posted:

And here it is: https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-detroit-lions-1836829578

After a quick scan it appears that ZODIAC MOTHERFUCKER is still enjoying his freedom and is not in the fan letters. Shine on, brother, and may you never return to this wretched place.

judging by his twitter feed he's still in MI. at least, I recognize a lot of the places he's posting.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

GNU Order posted:

I love my football team

I love my mediocre QB that I convince myself can be a franchise guy

I love my coach with his stupid coach truisms and coach speak

I love my defense that tears people’s heads off

I love their dumb postgame rituals

It’s been at least a decade since the Bears made the playoffs, and even longer since they made the playoffs and have the ability to be even better the next year. I’m a full homer now.

The Bears made the playoffs last year. Most of the scoring was done by the kicker, who ultimately had his final kick tipped and double doink the goalposts, in case you forgot.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Bears made the playoffs last year. Most of the scoring was done by the kicker, who ultimately had his final kick tipped and double doink the goalposts, in case you forgot.

Ah yes huh I totally forgot. I’ll go back to that great classic TFF routine of loudly proclaiming my football team is terrible and that I hate having to watch them play

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Thanks, we might have forgotten if you hadn't mentioned it to us.

*Hides my head so no one can see my anguish*

At least we aren't the Lions.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

sweet geek swag posted:

At least we aren't the Lions.

:saddowns:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

:bravo:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

exactly what I've been saying to all these lazy rear end "Kirk Cousins needs to step up this year" and "100 million guaranteed DURRR" comments I've been seeing all around the nfl media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUG9FfrY9c

Like, the dude's still kirk cousins, he's not gonna turn into Patrick Mahomes but he had a career year last year and was basically as good as you could ever hope for.

Play fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 31, 2019

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Pops Mgee posted:

Incredibly, 2 of the 4 gifs involve the Seahawks who are apparently some kind of NFC north clownball enablers (The punch out of the endzone could have made it 3 of 4 even)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Play posted:

exactly what I've been saying to all these lazy rear end "Kirk Cousins needs to step up this year" and "100 million guaranteed DURRR" comments I've been seeing all around the nfl media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUG9FfrY9c

Like, the dude's still kirk cousins, he's not gonna turn into Patrick Mahomes but he had a career year last year and was basically as good as you could ever hope for.

Cousins had such a trash offensive line too. I feel like people are sleeping hard on the Vikings. If they fix their offensive line problems, they are as complete a team as there is in the NFL.

Last season, the Vikings were a crushing disappointment based on expectations and still finished above .500.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
I really think the Lions can be good this year.

And by good I mean Lions Good™, which is to say oh maybe 9-7 and back their way into an embarrassing Wild Card loss.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Sataere posted:

Cousins had such a trash offensive line too. I feel like people are sleeping hard on the Vikings. If they fix their offensive line problems, they are as complete a team as there is in the NFL.

Last season, the Vikings were a crushing disappointment based on expectations and still finished above .500.

I agree with one caveat: wide receivers. They've got Thielen and Diggs, who are fantastic late-round/undrafted gems. But you saw Treadwell dropping crucial passes in that video and the dudes they've brought in behind those top two guys are questionable to say the least (Chad Beebe, Brandon Zylstra, a few other guys I don't know). The whole offense could fall apart if Thielen gets injured.

But the main thing the Vikings need to be able to do is run the drat ball. With their defense what they should be is a ball control offense that methodically moves down the field, NOT a team relying on loving Kirk Cousins to go totally ham through the air on third and long over and over. I couldn't possibly imagine a worse gameplan than that

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Styles Bitchley posted:

I really think the Lions can be good this year.

And by good I mean Lions Good™, which is to say oh maybe 9-7 and back their way into an embarrassing Wild Card loss.

They certainly have the defensive line for it-by PFF metrics we went from one of the worst to one of the best lines in the league practically overnight.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Play posted:

I agree with one caveat: wide receivers. They've got Thielen and Diggs, who are fantastic late-round/undrafted gems. But you saw Treadwell dropping crucial passes in that video and the dudes they've brought in behind those top two guys are questionable to say the least (Chad Beebe, Brandon Zylstra, a few other guys I don't know). The whole offense could fall apart if Thielen gets injured.

But the main thing the Vikings need to be able to do is run the drat ball. With their defense what they should be is a ball control offense that methodically moves down the field, NOT a team relying on loving Kirk Cousins to go totally ham through the air on third and long over and over. I couldn't possibly imagine a worse gameplan than that

I'm confused. Are you saying the Vikings wide receivers aren't good?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They certainly have the defensive line for it-by PFF metrics we went from one of the worst to one of the best lines in the league practically overnight.

Snacks was a steal and we should pay him

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Sataere posted:

I'm confused. Are you saying the Vikings wide receivers aren't good?

He is saying there is no WR depth. He isn't wrong.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I hate you, you hate me
Pick-Six
E-stab-lish-the-run
Go find me a loaded gun

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I hate you, you hate me
Pick-Six
E-stab-lish-the-run
Go find me a loaded gun
:lol:

Add this to the op

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i believe

in mitchell

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

tinstaach posted:

That last one about the Lions being the best sports team in Detroit is a drum that I've been beating for a few years

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I wonder what will happen to the Lions once Martha kicks the bucket.