Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

England is looking uh very interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay you just straight generated that guy there's no way

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I'm surprised that the aztecs took such a kicking. That plague must really have been bad.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

megane posted:

:distonk:

e: holy poo poo he's a cannibal this world is loving wild

Ritual cannibalism was a part of some Mesoamerican cultures, including the Aztecs - so we have to assume this guy's considered a crazy people-eater even by their standards!

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
So how did the Norwegian child queen of Pomerania come to be Hindu

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Kangxi posted:

To his south, across the Black Sea, is Akhutai. His father was Bugunutei, the late emperor of the Yuan Dynasty. Bugunutei was Khutula's younger brother, and he was Temulun's son.
So we do not only have a Mongol Basileus, but he's also the son of a Chinese emperor? :psyduck:

quote:

To his east, the descendants of nomads have settled down as a royal family. They now speak the language and wear the clothes of the tribes that had first settled there.

To their east are people who venerate the same gods and follow the same rituals as in Tianzhu. They live by a great icy sea and live on sandy land and are called Bomeila.
This world is just wild, y'all!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Hindus in Pommerania, Berbers in Essex, Tengri Slovenians, Mongol Byzantium... I love this world!

EDIT: And how could I forget about the Amazon (Valkyrie?) Vikings!

Luhood fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 25, 2019

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Luhood posted:

Hindus in Pommerania, Berbers in Essex, Tengri Slovenians, Mongol Byzantium... I love this world!

Don't forget about the Poet Aztec Pope. (I'd love to see some of those sutras...)

Yeah, this is great.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 25, 2019

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
I'm really sad about this, because there's no loving way this world will have a sensible EU4 conversion so either we lose all of this mad poo poo or Kangxi will be forced to stop.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I just want to see my dueling Karaite v. Orthodox Judaism horsebois survive to EUIV.

And the Umayyads make one hell of a comeback.

This world is so drat cool. :allears:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

megane posted:

:distonk:

e: holy poo poo he's a cannibal this world is loving wild
A Modest Proposal

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Rody One Half posted:

Okay you just straight generated that guy there's no way

I swear on my mother's life, the Idrisid cannibal of Essex was already there when I went to take screenshots.

There were also multiple Anglo-Saxon peasant leaders. There's also the lunatic syphilitic Norse queen of Wessex.

NewMars posted:

I'm surprised that the aztecs took such a kicking. That plague must really have been bad.

I increased the health penalty from the plague, but they also had a nasty civil war and the Umayyads and the Norse just carved out a lot of territory from them. The guy who took over their English holdings just fell apart completely.

i81icu812 posted:

So how did the Norwegian child queen of Pomerania come to be Hindu

I have no idea. Her dad was also Hindu but that's all I can find. Before that, the rulers of Pomerania were all Baltic pagans.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

FrangibleCover posted:

I'm really sad about this, because there's no loving way this world will have a sensible EU4 conversion so either we lose all of this mad poo poo or Kangxi will be forced to stop.

This is something I'm more than a little concerned about. Many of the 'big' events in Crusader Kings 2 have already happened - the plague, the Aztecs, and the Mongols have already wreaked havoc before 1100 and I'm not sure what to do ahead of the EU4 conversion. Should I mod in more specialized events? Should I convert early and make a mod that starts in 1250 or so? The conversion will probably take a lot of time. At least I'd like to have more feedback on what else to do. I won't call it a binding vote or anything, but an open forum on what I can do to keep things interesting and have some reader participation.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Clearly you just need to add in more off map invasions. Zulus from the south, polar bears from Jan Mayern from the north, and SKELETONS from the heart of the world

megane
Jun 20, 2008

You could do a time-skip. Would help smooth over any changes you want to make to fix border gore etc.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Kangxi posted:

This is something I'm more than a little concerned about. Many of the 'big' events in Crusader Kings 2 have already happened - the plague, the Aztecs, and the Mongols have already wreaked havoc before 1100 and I'm not sure what to do ahead of the EU4 conversion. Should I mod in more specialized events? Should I convert early and make a mod that starts in 1250 or so? The conversion will probably take a lot of time. At least I'd like to have more feedback on what else to do. I won't call it a binding vote or anything, but an open forum on what I can do to keep things interesting and have some reader participation.

Custom events + a small time skip to even out the borders towards the end of CK2.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Time skip plus custom events as necessary seems the most sensible to me.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
You could mod in a super destructive civil war event chain, and let the peanut gallery vote on how to handle it. Tibet is due a good collapse.

Otherwise I'm fine with ending the LP on ck2.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
The biggest problem right now is that Tibet is really kinda... done! We can beat back the Mongols, we can resist China (for that is what we can), we can almost freely devour India at our leisure. Unless we find more goals to entertain ourselves with it's mostly going about our business while the rest of the wheels turn for the world around us.

As much work as it would add to the game, some Custom Events would actually be pretty neat. Say some sort of peace-deal between the Umayyads and the Aztecs to divide Europe between them, a powerful Shia uprising in the middle-east (more comparable to the Mongols than what the game usually provides), the Norse consolidating into a more formidable threat, the Pope abandoning ship (I have no idea how much of a beating the Christians have actually taken). There is much story to be had, but little of it centres around our mountains as far as I can see at first glance.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Kangxi posted:

There were also multiple Anglo-Saxon peasant leaders. There's also the lunatic syphilitic Norse queen of Wessex.

Please preserve this in the form of some kind of Peasant Federation of England in the conversion

And yeah my personal vote is either timeskip or mod in a quick self-destruct.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Eleven Eleven posted:

Custom events + a small time skip to even out the borders towards the end of CK2.

Dance Officer posted:

You could mod in a super destructive civil war event chain, and let the peanut gallery vote on how to handle it. Tibet is due a good collapse.

Both of these things. This world is fascinating, but I would like to see Tibet have more threatening rivals.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Add the animal kingdoms in.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

My usual solution after I reach a critical mass in game is usually either to switch over to a cadet branch of the same dynasty and try to take them to new heights or to take actions likely to fragment the empire.

Obviously, modding gives you more options. The civil war event chain and adding in an invasion (Indonesians annoyed that their trade routes have been disrupted?) seem like good options. Another possibility (and I'm not sure how possible this would be) would be to spawn and control a bunch of Bonnish Tibetan adventurers; have them make their ways to the west; and play as them, seeing if you can eek out survival disconnected from the greater Bonnish Tibetan empire.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Luhood posted:

The biggest problem right now is that Tibet is really kinda... done!
We don't completely control India

So I disagree

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Rody One Half posted:

We don't completely control India

So I disagree

Also there is a non-Tibetan on the throne in China, that should be fixed

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

MaxieSatan posted:

Please preserve this in the form of some kind of Peasant Federation of England in the conversion

And yeah my personal vote is either timeskip or mod in a quick self-destruct.

Yes, if any of those peasant leaders family survives to the end, add in some Peasant Republics to England.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

i81icu812 posted:

Also there is a non-Tibetan on the throne in China, that should be fixed

This is goals imo.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So I'm joining this very late, but after reading the entire thing over the last couple of days I just want to say that Punchgranny is my new idol. drat she was awesome.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
A suggestion: Try to conquer China, if we suceed, Kangxi can split up the empire and we can pick a succesor state to play with or an adventurer trying to conquer Ireland or something like that, work our way up again

edit: A second megaplague that nearly wipes humanity can be a fun setup for a mostly uncolonized world in EU4

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pacho posted:

A suggestion: Try to conquer China, if we suceed, Kangxi can split up the empire and we can pick a succesor state to play with or an adventurer trying to conquer Ireland or something like that, work our way up again

edit: A second megaplague that nearly wipes humanity can be a fun setup for a mostly uncolonized world in EU4

So Years of Rice and Salt?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Technowolf posted:

So Years of Rice and Salt?

I'd be pretty interested in this, actually.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

habeasdorkus posted:

Ignore me, mods right.

Also, the only right answer is blob lp. I havent seen a world domination ck2 lp in forever

stab fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 27, 2019

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So I'm joining this very late, but after reading the entire thing over the last couple of days I just want to say that Punchgranny is my new idol. drat she was awesome.

She will return

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Pacho posted:

I really like both of these.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

This is goals imo.

Also that Timur fellow should be showing up soon.

might as well give him a helping hand.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

stab posted:

Like i'd be pretty interested in you updating your FM lp

Then maybe tell them so in that thread instead of hijacking someone else's to do so?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

I remember there being a mod for EU3 that was basically that - nearly depopulated Europe and African and American (and maybe Asian?) nations got huge bonuses to boost them to Europe standards.

Don't know if it was ever updated to EU4 though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's worth pointing out, for those who want us to break up, that failing to conquer China would destroy our imperial level title. So Kangxi could go for the gold (they'd have to legit give it their all though), and if they fail there's your fall from grace/indeterminately long era of brutal revanchism and claimant wars.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Perhaps a new brand of "crusading" Buddhism that's a lot more onboard with the whole violence thing in the vein of the fierce deities/dharmapāla could arrise in India to stir up trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Rody One Half posted:

It's worth pointing out, for those who want us to break up, that failing to conquer China would destroy our imperial level title. So Kangxi could go for the gold (they'd have to legit give it their all though), and if they fail there's your fall from grace/indeterminately long era of brutal revanchism and claimant wars.

This.