Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

drat he's good!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He's as safe as hurtling through the air dozens of stories up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

He's as safe as hurtling through the air dozens of stories up.

Are you saying Peter Parker is secretly... Black Widow?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Johnny Walker posted:

drat he's good!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Why try to keep your secret identity with MJ if you're just gonna flat out say you were romantically involved with Gwen? Or is yet another example of banking on someone assuming Spider-Man is the other man (The Other?) in Peter's relationships?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"The Night Gwen Stacy Died" coming up in Newspaper Spider-Man is really jarring somehow. Like, this is the comic where they almost left JJJ to die in the swamp to keep their secrets and it was treated as wacky fun.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Well, it is 2015. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out the previous May, so perhaps there's a bit more awareness of Gwen Stacy amongst the strip readers than the baseline.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"The great love of my life was killed after being thrown off a building. You know, like you did to MJ a few minutes ago?"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

maltesh posted:

Well, it is 2015. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out the previous May, so perhaps there's a bit more awareness of Gwen Stacy amongst the strip readers than the baseline.

I wasn't saying it's weird because it's obscure. I'm saying that, like...this is Newspaper Spider-Man. "I tried to save someone and failed" is how everything goes.

Also, this:

Jerusalem posted:

"The great love of my life was killed after being thrown off a building. You know, like you did to MJ a few minutes ago?"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Here Pete imagines what the Green Goblin would look like with the Hobgoblin's color scheme.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"With great power comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben
"It's legal and easy and I need the money." - Uncle Pete

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Push El Burrito posted:

BSS > Newspaper Spider-Man: "It's legal and easy and I need the money." - Uncle Pete

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

Sounds like Spider-Man's getting ready to throw some car batteries into the ocean.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

"At least I know how to break someone's fall without killing them:smuggo:"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Hey! It's deliberately ambiguous whether she was still alive even when I first arrived!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tomorrow: The Seduction Begins!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Elfface posted:

"Hey! It's deliberately ambiguous whether she was still alive even when I first arrived!"

"It's deliberately ambiguous whether or not I'm hitting on MJ:smuggo:"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"What can I, a guy who can shoot literal webs to immobilize people, do to stop these people?"

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
Why the hell doesn't Spider-Man just SAY "THE KINGPIN PUT THIS WEIRD BRACELET ON ME SO I CAN'T DO JACK poo poo TO RESIST" in PUBLIC so that people won't vote for the slaver and obvious bad guy? So stupid

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

More importantly since everyone just calls him Kingpin instead of Fisk, how is he even allowed on the ballot?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Spider Sense sucks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I thought someone was behind me with intent to kill but everybody I team up with ends up wanting to murder me so I just figured it was you! Sorry for letting this goon get the drop on us!

aaaaand there we go, now I'm sensing two people who want to kill me!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look, just off screen, an incredible display!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Push El Burrito posted:

Look, just off screen, an incredible display!

"That's amazing! Who'd have thought an artist could convey all that in a single panel?"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Our hero commits breaking and entering, followed by some light kidnapping.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So this is the arc where Peter turns into Mr. A

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

So this is the arc where Peter turns into Mr. A

He's acting too over the top selfishly for there not to be a course correction coming up where he goes "what am I doing? With great power" blah blah.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"Sure, I helped Kingpin with his campaign! But it's not my fault if they vote for him!"

Peter :cripes:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just think Spider-Man, you could grab a pillow and end so many of your problems. Get Widow to do it even, and keep your hands clean.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Dangit Peter, Norman's dead! You said so like a week ago! This is Harry!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, there's no way that he could've gotten back to his own house and pretend to be asleep while Black Widow tried to murder MJ.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mikl posted:

"Sure, I helped Kingpin with his campaign! But it's not my fault if they vote for him!"

Peter :cripes:

Anyone who trusts NSM gets what they deserved.