Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bro.

Bro.

Bro.

Bro.

Cuz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Is there some actual logic to being on the block and campaigning against someone not on the block?

I can't wait for them to rewatch this game and see what a non-factor Nick has been.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Is there some actual logic to being on the block and campaigning against someone not on the block?

I can't wait for them to rewatch this game and see what a non-factor Nick has been.

The idea was to create a big target who she was gunning for and people would keep her for that purpose. Its not unheard of as a strategy although usually it gets directed at the HOH. In this case Christie reasoned that she couldn't get the votes doing that so Nick was her next best option.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like 2 weeks ago Analyse was hurling Christie under the bus and trying to cut her out of the 6.

And Christie did it like 2 days ago.

Watch Holly cry when she votes too.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh my god, her plan worked???

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

J F C

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Oh my god, her plan worked???

Taco Tuesday is the new Dan's Funeral.

To be fair, 3 days ago I thought Nick was winning this game. He had deals with pretty much everyone, has an army of minions in Tommy, Ana, and Nicole, and was cuting new deals every week to put him in a safe spot and position of power.

And it was genuinely clever to reason that since Nick had Ana, Tommy, and Nicole that her best bet was to unite everyone else against Nick and convince them to take out Ana to weaken him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SHE SAID IT!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

PRANKED, YOU DUMB FUCKS!!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Taco Tuesday is the new Dan's Funeral.

To be fair, 3 days ago I thought Nick was winning this game. He had deals with pretty much everyone, has an army of minions in Tommy, Ana, and Nicole, and was cuting new deals every week to put him in a safe spot and position of power.

And it was genuinely clever to reason that since Nick had Ana, Tommy, and Nicole that her best bet was to unite everyone else against Nick and convince them to take out Ana to weaken him.

Is Taco Tuesday really up to that level? It is pretty impressive, considering I thought for sure she was done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't like them so that makes me giggle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Is Taco Tuesday really up to that level? It is pretty impressive, considering I thought for sure she was done.

I mean, its a matter of debate but Christie was dead in the water. She was Jackson's white whale, she was the complete target, even Tommy had abandoned her, and no one thought her plan had a chance of working. What's missing from that edit is how she flipped Jackson first and he helped flip everyone else.

That's a lot more in play. Nick's meltdown. Holly is jealous of Ana. Ana TOLD HOLLY THAT SHE WAS TARGETING JACKSON! So it didn't just happen. But Christie needed a miracle to save herself and she pulled it off. That's gotta be somewhere up in the lexicon of huge Big Brother moves.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
SO this... is the power of Manifestation!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thank you for your insight, as always, STAC.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No drama in that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

On one hand I hate Holly.

On the other hand I'm emotionally dead to BB21.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here's the link to vote if you so wish. Feedsters seem to be pushing for Nick because feedsters are slime and will vote for whatever scumbag is going against their most hated player. Do as you wish. I'm emotionally dead inside. Don't take the tweet as endorsement, although I probably will vote for Nicole since she's the only person I like left. But she'll probably just do what Nick wants anyway so whatever. I just was looking for a tweet with the link.

https://twitter.com/BBADOrwell/status/1164719319894282240

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I never vote, but I assumed it’d be one of Cliff or Nicole who won.

I also assume the person with the power can’t get nominated.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume the person with the power can be. There's no "co HOH" or safety terminology. So Nick could theoretically go up and then name who sits against him.

Its only a 13 hour voting window so that's gonna give a huge edge to the feedsters, I think. Maybe not enough to drive it though, but if casual votes are split between Cliff, Nicole, and maybe even Jackson I would not be surprised to see Nick win.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This is by far the worst season of the show. 15 was brutal but I enjoyed watching these miserable racists ruin their own lives. The past two years Were rough but I at least liked somebody on the show.

I watched the first four episodes of this season and made the decision to read the spoiler thread and watch only the live show. I hate everyone.

We desperately need an all star season

I would probably drop the show if STAC stopped doing recaps

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 23, 2019

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I missed the first 10 minutes, and it appears they were showing why Christie stayed. Can anyone fill me in?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I find it hard to believe America voted for Nick over Cliff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Binary Logic posted:

I find it hard to believe America voted for Nick over Cliff.

There was a huge online push for Nick after Christie stayed Thursday night so he'd put her back up. And the vote was only open for 12 hours after that overnight. And you could vote twice if you voted before and after midnight. So it set up well for online fanbase to stuff the ballot in a quick vote. Plus Nicole probably got a lot of votes and Jackson might have gotten casuals from his rehab edit the last couple of weeks, so that might have split votes away from Cliff. It was kind of a perfect storm.

The irony is that many of the same online fans who pushed for Nick almost immediately regretted it when it was revealed on feeds and started accusing production of rigging it. It had a real "I voted for X but I didn't really expect him to win" feel to it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

I missed the first 10 minutes, and it appears they were showing why Christie stayed. Can anyone fill me in?

The show edit had Christie kissing tons of rear end and cutting deals with Cliff, Nicole, Jackson, and Holly to the point of swearing on a Bible and her sister, target Nick, be a pawn, "take 4th or 5th", etc. And those four effectively agreeing to a F4 with Christie as their shield/weapon.

What it left out was Analyse refusing to even assure Jackson she wouldn't target him and actually telling Holly that she wanted to get Jackson out of the game. And Christie managing to stir up paranoia about Nick and that Analyse was part of Nick's army and she did a bad job convincing them that she'd target him like they wanted.

But it did show Analyse shaving her pants for some reason.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Shaving...pants?

I have also enjoyed Christie’s breakdown as she realizes America doesn’t like her. This is why I’d like to watch a show of the HGs after they leave the house and how they feel how they were depicted on the show.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I remember feeling like that last year, specifically to see Fessy watch the episode where he nominated Scotty.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

"I would be happy to be a pawn"

Christie we need you to be a pawn

"SO SOON????"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

I remember feeling like that last year, specifically to see Fessy watch the episode where he nominated Scotty.

In fairness Fessy spent the next week (his last in the house) laughing at what an idiot he was.

Conversely Scottie came back and said "I want to work with Tyler."

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Very true.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Zingbot went easy on Christie.

e: I am still also waiting for someone to explain shaving pants.

also e: that man deserves an Emmy.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 29, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

e: I am still also waiting for someone to explain shaving pants.
I have absolutely no explanation. She appeared to be shaving her pants/leggings. There were multiple shots of it during that "What happened?" segment and no other contributions from Ana. It played like BB having another laugh at her expense but I don't know what the hell she was doing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 29, 2019

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!

Twin Cinema posted:

I am still also waiting for someone to explain shaving pants.

It might be to get pills off the fabric :j: I've only ever seen people do that with sweaters though, not leggings.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Previously on Biiiiiiig Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

...I was still invested enough to come up with a joke.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nick: I have one vote so I'm sure I just have her friend's vote without even trying. That makes sense. I'm a good player.

Fans made a better edit of Pie Wars.
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/statu...pagenumber%3D14

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Well, Nick is a huge threat, despite never doing anything that would be considered threatening.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Well, Nick is a huge threat, despite never doing anything that would be considered threatening.

In his defense he's consistently performed strong in comps winning a HOH and POV and finishing 2nd a lot, he has/had allies all around the house and was pretty effectively playing the middle, and he managed to salvage his game from being completely dead pre-jury and was back in a strong position until Taco Tuesday.

But he's also a cocky idiot who has played a terrible game since Day 1.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And once again, fans did a better edit. BB is half assing it.

NSFW
https://twitter.com/melbrown00/stat...pagenumber%3D14
https://twitter.com/hamsterwatch/st...pagenumber%3D14

Nicole was the only fun thing happening on feeds this week.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 30, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"What the hell happened, Analyse?"
"Uh... Christie talked a bunch... and uh..."

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Nicole is a fun HG. She seems like a genuinely nice person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Do you realize the power of Zingbot? He told a HG "you have a bad haircut" and it ate at him so much he completely changed his hair style.