Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

a fatguy bald spot posted:

what’s a picrew
Short for picaresque...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Speaking as a non-american, to me it looked like America voted for Trump because they wanted some sort of change? Same reason they voted for Obama basically. They wanted out of the current status-quo and were unhappy with where the country was heading. I think they'll keep voting for whoever seems to offer the most potential to actually make "change" happen

Of course your political system is a grotesque joke controlled by corporations and investors and is basically corrupt by design so it's just going to get shittier

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zzulu posted:

Speaking as a non-american, to me it looked like America voted for Trump because they wanted some sort of change? Same reason they voted for Obama basically. They wanted out of the current status-quo and were unhappy with where the country was heading. I think they'll keep voting for whoever seems to offer the most potential to actually make "change" happen

Of course your political system is a grotesque joke controlled by corporations and investors and is basically corrupt by design so it's just going to get shittier

A lot voted on racism not change. Well, a white ethnostate is a change of sorts.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Zzulu posted:

A lot of people either didn't vote or voted Trump simply because they had lost faith in the system and any sort of protest candidate was in their eyes a better choice than Hillary, they wanted to give the system a big, raised middle finger, but at least as many, and probably far more, voted for Trump on account of being racist/misogynist fuckholes or idiots who'd vote Republican even if their candidate was a bucket of earthworms.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zzulu posted:

Most people didn't vote and of the ones who did most of them didn't vote for Trump, but we have a dumbass system for electing the president

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Only like 45% of eligible voters actually vote. And of those 90% will always vote red or blue no matter what 75% of the time.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

A lot of things happened; it's worth noting how well Bernie did despite being an independent who was stapled on the Democrat ticket. But yeah a lot of Americans are fed up with the political establishment overall. It also didn't help when it came out that the DNC was pushing Hillary whether we liked her or not. There are a crap ton of Americans in areas that neither party has done much for for decades that Trump spoke directly to. For a lot of people the status quo was looking like "poo poo just keeps getting worse forever."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Trump didn't even win the popular vote, just the electoral vote, and unfortunately our government is set up where the electoral vote is all that matters and it isn't like anybody who gets into office through the electoral college system is going to dismantle the system that gave them power in the first place.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Imagine if cops were racist :ironicat:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

DicktheCat posted:

My beloved coworker said she'd vote for Trump again. She works at a goddamned pharmacy as a basic retail clerk.I love her, but she voting against her own self interest. She's even bisexual. I just. :negative:

I love her so much, but goddammit.

She's so naive. She was surprised when the local klan was using his slogans. What the gently caress is wrong with southerners?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

kirbysuperstar posted:

"GenderCritical" really isn't burying the lede, huh

I mean, gender does suck

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

a fatguy bald spot posted:

what’s a picrew

Not much, what's a picrew with you?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

:stonk:

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Am I missing something? It looks like more expensive/designer play-doh? Who is the idiot? Me?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

GreenMetalSun posted:

Am I missing something? It looks like more expensive/designer play-doh? Who is the idiot? Me?

You just need slim in your life, not disappoint.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

GreenMetalSun posted:

It's slime as opposed to anything related to play-doh or other plasticine-like things.
Like the kind you'd maybe buy in a small plastic jar as a kid?
Thick and viscous, and would pretty much immediately get incredibly dirty from all the poo poo it picked up.
It's been a pretty huge craze for kids for the last few years, especially recipes for making it at home.

It's pretty textural, and I guess kids just really like playing with it and making sounds etc.
At one point the craze was big enough that many stores reported running out of various types of glues, because some slime recipes used it as a basis.
The fact that you can get/make them in a multitude of colours, consistencies (from runny, to almost play-doh-ey.) also contributes to it.

It's basically just a fun craft project thing for kids, or just a simple toy to play around with a bit.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1165622871630262274
https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1165630933988458496

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You sure owned that teenager, Julia. Good jorb.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My kid likes slime a lot too but I had a legit chuckle at “product is beyond comprehension”

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DicktheCat posted:

My beloved coworker said she'd vote for Trump again. She works at a goddamned pharmacy as a basic retail clerk.I love her, but she voting against her own self interest. She's even bisexual. I just. :negative:

She's so naive. She was surprised when the local klan was using his slogans. What the gently caress is wrong with southerners?

Southerners are, by and large, colossal idiots that are proud to be uneducated "simple folk" who deserve to be shot into the sun. I can't stand "southern culture" or anything about this god-awful area of the country.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

bony tony posted:

You sure owned that teenager, Julia. Good jorb.

Apparently this so-called eco-Greta actually exhales carbon dioxide, contributing to global warming. Why should anyone listen to this vile hypocrite?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zipperelli. posted:

Southerners are, by and large, colossal idiots that are proud to be uneducated "simple folk" who deserve to be shot into the sun. I can't stand "southern culture" or anything about this god-awful area of the country.

Hey Lynyrd Skynyrd totally owned Neil Young in their song feud, by saying "go away"

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

This is not really true, the South is massively gerrymandered in a way that causes compounding issues of bad schooling and poor representation. There are rural Southerners that live like this, just like there are rural people in PA and NY who do and act the same way, or the Midwest, or any other area of the country.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Stoatbringer posted:

Apparently this so-called eco-Greta actually exhales carbon dioxide, contributing to global warming. Why should anyone listen to this vile hypocrite?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

you mostly encounter this behavior among people who have the means to better themselves but don't. most of us are just trying to get by down here

also i implore you to look at a racial demographics map of the usa and prepare to have your mind blown

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Jastiger rereg spotted

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

Lol that's just white people. It's worse in the with but politically they're pretty wild regardless of geographic location.

This is gonna blow your mind but the Southerners who aren't white aren't voting for Trump.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

“Hey, what’s this one-star review on a fetish club in Richmond?”

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

There are a lot more anarchist podcasters in the Midwest, by my expert opinion that means it's actually good.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Pretty sure those bottles can be recycled pretty easily, anyway.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

TinTower posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/gendercritical/status/1164304958684114945

Woman who puts her (almost certainly untested) karyotype and a checkered flag in her twitter name to signify she’s a TERF hating on trans people having fun.

Srsly what is a picrew, karyotype, and checkered flag?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

T-man posted:

There are a lot more anarchist podcasters in the Midwest, by my expert opinion that means it's actually good.

I found some pretty awful DSA podcasters here in Baton Rouge but they’re probably outliers. also trillbillies is from Appalachia iirc

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Picrew is an anime avatar of yourself, karotype is your chromosome makeup (XX), checkered flags mean gender is black and white (Male and female)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

TERFs fuckin suck

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zelder posted:

Lol that's just white people. It's worse in the with but politically they're pretty wild regardless of geographic location.

This is gonna blow your mind but the Southerners who aren't white aren't voting for Trump.

Agreed. I know it wasn’t the poster’s intention, but it’s unsettling how both liberals and conservatives implicitly think only white people are real Southerners.

Edit: I suddenly remembered a bit from an Asimov book set in the far future where humans’ home planet was unknown. Basic racial groups still existed, and white people, black people, and Asian people were referred to as Westerners, Southerners, and Easterners, respectively. No one knew where those terms came from or why there were no Northerners.

Jurgan has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Aug 26, 2019

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Scratch Monkey posted:

I am not online enough to understand any of this either

edit: never mind, it was explained, i need to refresh my tabs more I guess

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's kind of amazing to see the awful things you can represent with a cute little emoji.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Karyotype is a biology thing, you've probably heard them referred to as chromosomes. Most frequently cis women are XX and cis men are XY, but not always.

Gotta say listing your (almost certainly not actually tested) karyotype is an amazingly passive aggressive response to people listing their preferred pronouns.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skwirl posted:

Karyotype is a biology thing, you've probably heard them referred to as chromosomes.

Karyotype isn't necessarily synonymous with chromosome. It just refers to the collective complete set of chromosomes.

Skwirl posted:

Most frequently cis women are XX and cis men are XY, but not always.

:eng101: Some people can even have both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Monkey posted:

This is not really true, the South is massively gerrymandered in a way that causes compounding issues of bad schooling and poor representation. There are rural Southerners that live like this, just like there are rural people in PA and NY who do and act the same way, or the Midwest, or any other area of the country.

Yeah, I've run into people this stupid in Upstate New York. Go a bit west or north of the relatively liberal Capital District and you'll see Confederate flags. A couple of MAGA hats around here, even.