Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/datachick/status/1163065596294156289?s=20

Well I had absolutely no idea. So no, I wasn't being 'reminded' as I never knew in the first place.

Though given that I still enjoy Father Ted and listen to Burzum... erm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I really want a hat with a nice broad brim to keep the sun off me face, but I absolutely refuse to buy a loving fedora.

Get a Boonie hat. They're lightweight, easily wide enough to keep the sun off, and you can stuff them into a bag or pocket without wrecking them. And you're more likely to be mistaken for a fisherman or tourist than an MRA.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Guavanaut posted:

All the really reliable male methods require surgical involvement though, and they spend longer trying to convince men to leave it up to women than the procedure itself takes.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

and listen to Burzum... erm...
imo knowing the fact that those people were legit loving psychos only enhances the emotional impact of Mayhem's stuff. Nothing wrong with enjoying problematic art, imo.

As long as you steal it.

George Orwell posted:

One ought to be able to hold in one’s head simultaneously the two facts that Dali is a good draughtsman and a disgusting human being. The one does not invalidate or, in a sense, affect the other.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RussellScott1/status/1165909583036059648?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Borrovan posted:

imo knowing the fact that those people were legit loving psychos only enhances the emotional impact of Mayhem's stuff. Nothing wrong with enjoying problematic art, imo.

As long as you steal it.

The only legit Burzum I own someone else gave me for my birthday some 14 years ago. Same person also got me my first Godspeed You! Black Emperor record at the same time so they managed to combine they reasonably far left & very far right in one gift. Everything else by Varg is primo :filez: material.

The people I look sideways at are the cunts who buy Burzum merch and actually wear it, but there's a 50/50 chance they are just trying to be shocking, like the goths who used to hang outside the Eastgate Centre in their Cradle of Filth shirts.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Sabaton are ok, right?

Some of their stuff sounds like the sort of think I would expect Nazis to jack it to.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol we're doomed

https://twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/1165878083393654784?s=19

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Arthur Matthews wrote the good bits of Father Ted and Scott Adams got famous by stealing his jokes from Usenet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

notaspy posted:

Sabaton are ok, right?

Some of their stuff sounds like the sort of think I would expect Nazis to jack it to.

I would always assume that Crusader Metal types were full on Nazis.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

They revised it up to a 2.9

They definitely won't stop though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

notaspy posted:

Sabaton are ok, right?

In the sense they aren't fash? Yes, you're safe. In the sense their music is good? Not so much.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Soylent Yellow posted:

Get a Boonie hat. They're lightweight, easily wide enough to keep the sun off, and you can stuff them into a bag or pocket without wrecking them. And you're more likely to be mistaken for a fisherman or tourist than an MRA.

This is a good call, between a boonie hat and a beanie you're covered for most weather situations, mine has gone through some fairly heavy rain without letting water through and it cost a few quid and spends most of its time folded up in a bag with my other hiking gear.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

forkboy84 posted:

In the sense they aren't fash? Yes, you're safe. In the sense their music is good? Not so much.

Is there an 'are they fash?' database yet? The controversies section of Wikipedia doesn't cut it these days.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Sabaton music often shits on the nazis but nazis still love their music and often misinterprets songs to be pro WW2 Germany.

Like thinking that the song "Panzer Battalion" is glorification of nazi tanks because "Panzer"

The comment section on Sabaton videos tend to be nazi town.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Is there an 'are they fash?' database yet? The controversies section of Wikipedia doesn't cut it these days.

That'd be a good section on the Metal Archives database. Just below the themes entry. Are they fash?

Of course that'd enrage the community so probably the most you get is they do it on April 1.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

RockyB posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49468218

Somehow even Boris doesn't make me scream silently at my monitor quite so much as her.

Don't know if this makes a difference since corbs is so unpopular anyway. It's hard to see the public being happy with much a Corbyn interim could get up to. I think it would require Tory support too, and he's kryptonite to them. It's looking like no deal, though maybe book or the EU will saw fuckit and make some small concession at the very end when there really is nothing to loose and a technically-not-no-deal flag they could be waving at critics

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Possible he was confusing Iceland the shop and Iceland the country there?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Don't know if this makes a difference since corbs is so unpopular anyway. It's hard to see the public being happy with much a Corbyn interim could get up to. I think it would require Tory support too, and he's kryptonite to them. It's looking like no deal, though maybe book or the EU will saw fuckit and make some small concession at the very end when there really is nothing to loose and a technically-not-no-deal flag they could be waving at critics
I doubt the EU is going to wreck its standards legislation and do away with the Backstop just to appease a country whose PM says pork pies do well in thailand and which is likely about to underpay them £30bil of future pension liabilities.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Eschenique posted:

Sabaton music often shits on the nazis but nazis still love their music and often misinterprets songs to be pro WW2 Germany.

Like thinking that the song "Panzer Battalion" is glorification of nazi tanks because "Panzer"

The comment section on Sabaton videos tend to be nazi town.

Also a whole song about how great the Bismark and the Kreigsmarine were. Sabaton might not be Nazis but I would assume all Sabaton fans are Nazis.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Illuyankas posted:

They revised it up to a 2.9

They definitely won't stop though

They've updated the story, apparently it wasn't a subterranean tremor, just a Cuadrilla exec dropping his wallet.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

namesake posted:

The best outcome is Labour taking us out of the EU with a deal that gives some level of autonomy on capital controls and better allowances for directed state spending back to the UK but without just immediately dumping us onto the global landscape, everything else is just a different sized disaster.

Labour passing a withdrawal deal and taking us out of the EU with that will basically never happen, and you’re better off abandoning hope for it now.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Failed Imagineer posted:

Possible he was confusing Iceland the shop and Iceland the country there?

Lol if you think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson know about the shop.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can we just cancel brexit so we never have to loving talk about it ever again

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jose posted:

This has always been my position.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ait6dS1B1ck&t=317s

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jose posted:

Just imagine all the effort, energy, money that has gone into Brexit - if that could have been diverted into something actually worthwhile! What a transformation could have been made somewhere.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1165940838049955845

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Another argument is the "it's too engrained/it'd be too much hard work." Which isn't true at all, the most British way to scrap the monarchy would just to remove the monarch, pass an Act of Parliament saying s/Crown/People on all previous law, and keep everything else the same, with the head of state being the Lord President of the Council.

I mean we have literally done it before, with a fairly permanent 'remove the monarch' to boot (:thermidor:) so constitutionally it can't be that hard. Restore the Commonwealth, says I!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

We're gonna get cut up and eaten by the US

The govmt is basically wafting the smell of our blood at our friend the giant vampire and the vampire is saying "oh no I really mustn't, you're my inside man" as his eyes glow red and fangs lengthen

At a certain point were gonna go "jk lol it was a ruse" and the vampire is just gonna eat us anyway

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

CancerCakes posted:

I bought 24 cans if chopped Toms today in a start of my brexit stash

Canned whole tomatoes are better OP. I like to get the flats of them from Costco

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Iron Maiden are the best anti-nazi band and Bruce did a big speach when i saw them last year about not letting them anywhere near power ever again

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Comrade Fakename posted:

Labour passing a withdrawal deal and taking us out of the EU with that will basically never happen, and you’re better off abandoning hope for it now.

Oh I get that we're going to no deal and it'll probably be the lib dems fault, it's just that that's fairly disasterous while my suggestion basically gets over the line into 'good thing' while nothing else does.

Jose posted:

The point where we could ever stop talking about Brexit was 2015 - it is part of the political landscape until the collapse of the UK or the EU. The more you get caught up in wishing it hasn't happened and even just holding a strong opinion about how it should have gone then the progressively more out of touch with ongoing reality you'll become.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose posted:

We need to send someone back in time and terminate Tess to prevent him singlehandedly voting in Brexit

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

I mean we have literally done it before, with a fairly permanent 'remove the monarch' to boot (:thermidor:) so constitutionally it can't be that hard. Restore the Commonwealth, says I!
The role and scope of the state was a bit different back then though, and it was fairly common for an incoming monarch to just go 'lol' and blanket repeal every Act of their predecessor.

Could you imagine if Charles repealed every law since 1952 as his first Act?

And even then Cromwell didn't really replace the Crown in concept, he just Lord Protected it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Iron Maiden are the best anti-nazi band and Bruce did a big speach when i saw them last year about not letting them anywhere near power ever again

IIRC, they're kippers, so they may have a different definition of 'nazi' to yours.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Darth Walrus posted:

IIRC, they're kippers, so they may have a different definition of 'nazi' to yours.

What does a fish consider a nazi? Sharks?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

If it's unilaterally cancelled it will be literally the only thing you ever hear about for the rest of your life.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

CyberPingu posted:

Didn't he do a big speech about how Brexit will save the UK from the nazi EU too? There's a lot of old rockers who are dangerously out of touch and buy into bullshit far too easily.

The most politically correct band is still Anaal Nathrakh since their main position is People = Cunts but especially modern news media, nazis, capitalism, and organised religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

The role and scope of the state was a bit different back then though, and it was fairly common for an incoming monarch to just go 'lol' and blanket repeal every Act of their predecessor. Could you imagine if Charles repealed every law since 1952 as his first Act?

Uh. I don't know about that. 1660 a bit of an exception obvs.

quote:

And even then Cromwell didn't really replace the Crown in concept, he just Lord Protected it.

We were a Republic before we were a Protectorate, from 1649 to 1653. No gods no masters.